PDA

View Full Version : Problem veins in pregnancy

Dreaming
January 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I've never had a problem with veins or my legs before, but 22 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy I've managed to burst a vein in my lower leg (permanent bruise the size of my hand) and now have a huge and unsightly varicose vein running from there all the way up my leg. It is painful and I'm starting to struggle to walk! I've been perscribed some (not as bad as I thought they would be) support stockings that do help. Thank goodness it's winter where I live! Any one else had this in pregnancy? Did it go away after you had the baby or did you require an operation? Anything natural that could help? Thank you!!

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2011, 10:24 PM
You did have your doctor look at it, right? The blood should absorb but depending on size, I don't know if it will totally go away on its own.

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Mine did get totally better after I had the babies - the strange thing for me was that they were worse in mid-pregnancy in terms of pain, and then they felt better after awhile. It still aches slightly from time to time but you can't really even tell it's there unless you're looking for it. Good luck!!!

Dreaming
January 7th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yes, the doc perscribed me the support stockings. In the morning whilst lying down it doesn't look like much but as soon as I stand up and put weight on my leg it just grows, gets darker and spreads to all the small surrounding veins. By the evening it's throbing like you wouldn't believe. Glad to hear it might go away on it's own after pregnancy!