PDA

View Full Version : Colic and reflux advice

bunnywabbit
August 24th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Have already posted this on FB - did any of you have a baby who had colic and reflux at the same time? How did you go about treating? From what I can gather the treatment for one (infacol etc) can make the other condition worse. Not getting decent answers from the health visitor...

bunnywabbit
August 25th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Bump...

Dreamofpink
August 25th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Bunny I sent you an invite to a group that I found on FB that might be able to give you some advice. I know that the support group for CMPA I'm part of in FB is brilliant, so hopefully the people there will be just as supportive for you. :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

bunnywabbit
August 28th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Wondering if anyone has used a chiropractor to ease reflux? Did it work?

lisvna
November 4th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Bunny have you thought about it that your baby can be allergic for cowmilk? My son had this problems because of this.

I breastfeeded him in the beginning but I stopped because of that (because I ate cheese and drank milk, yes I'm from the Netherlands so many milk products in our diet hahahah).

I started to gave him special milk for children who are allergic for cowmilk and it started to get better. No colic anymore. The reflux stayed but got less and we mixed his milk with "johannes broodpitmeel" (I don't know how it's called in English) but it makes the milk ticker and therefor it stays easier in the stomach.

You can put the bed of the baby a little bit higher where the head is (put some books under the matras or under the bed) so that the baby isn't lying flat but with his head a bit higher.

I hope I helped you out a bit....good luck!

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Oh sorry I just saw this, hope it has all worked out for you! One of mine had issues and it turned out it was whenever I ate peanuts or peas, he had colic.

bunnywabbit
November 4th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Thanks, all. Jamie was on formula so what I ate wouldn't have made a difference. The colic has gone thankfully. Reflux is still there but not nearly as bad - he still pukes clear liquid every so often but is a happy puker. I'm giving him gripe water for it which has kept it to a minimum.

essnce629
November 4th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I know this is an old post, but studies show that daily infant probiotics can prevent/help colic. When formula feeding it's easy to add the 1/4 tsp a day to one bottle. Breastfeeding moms can mix the 1/4 tsp with a little bit of breast milk on a spoon and pour it into baby's mouth or use a syringe.