PDA

View Full Version : Cycle day 21 progesterone

annabel♥lee
July 13th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Hi :)

I had a miscarriage a couple months ago, also it takes me a while to get pregnant. So, my OB ordered a few blood tests. One was done on CD3, one on CD10 and the last was today on CD21. The first two were normal. The one i took today was progesterone and it was 12. My OB hasn't told me yet whether that number is good/bad.

Is it low? From what I'm googling i feel like it's low. I am not medicated, by the way.

Thanks for any advice. :happy:

LolaInLove
July 13th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Hmmm, I am not sure.....I have gotten mine checked before also, but I don't remember the number. I'll call and ask them, because my # was checked when I was on the prog supps also, so it was "good and high" she told me. I am having it checked this next cycle too, but I take prog suppositories regardless. My doctor says they don't hurt you in any way, so better safe than sorry if anything is going on with my lining. Good luck!!!

LolaInLove
July 13th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Ok, mine was a 21, but it was also a pg cycle (but I m/c at 5wks). To be honest, since it takes you some time to get pg, I would ask your doctor for a prescription. It can only help you hang on to your next bean.

annabel♥lee
July 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks Lola.

SweetLily
August 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I read anything over 5 is good, but that was on another forum so IDK for sure. Its supposed to be 3 days past o right? they are sending me for one this next cycle too, whenever I actually get af finally. (just had a missed mc).

FX, but I think 10 is really good...pretty sure!

michaela
August 30th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Anything over 10 is probably okay. They should schedule 7dpo labs not CD21 labs which is a classic mistake OB's make. If you don't ovulate until let's say CD20 then a CD21 lab result is pretty pointless. They are assuming that everyone ovulates on CD14 which is silly.

LolaInLove
August 30th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Anything over 10 is probably okay. They should schedule 7dpo labs not CD21 labs which is a classic mistake OB's make. If you don't ovulate until let's say CD20 then a CD21 lab result is pretty pointless. They are assuming that everyone ovulates on CD14 which is silly.

EXACTLY!!! I just go in on 7dpo and tell them it's CD21 so no one gives me any crap.

atomic sagebrush
September 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Wow thanks for a super informative thread! I love learning new things.

Annabel, how are you doing???

annabel♥lee
September 5th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Wow thanks for a super informative thread! I love learning new things.

Annabel, how are you doing???

Doing well, thanks. ;) Still TTC. *sigh*

LolaInLove
September 5th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Me too! How was your progesterone test?