PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on disneyland rides and pregnancy...

annabel♥lee
July 13th, 2011, 02:17 AM
My fam and I are going to Disney first week of August. Most likely I didn't get pregnant this month, but if I did I will be 5-6 weeks along at that point.

Is it Ok to ride any and all rides, including the fast ones? I'm assuming the ones with pregnancy warnings are for women who are further along and couldn't comfortably ride with a big belly. But in very early pregnancy, I'd think the baby is very, very well protected in there. WDYT?

I did ask my OB and she said it's perfectly safe as long as nothing is actually hitting my abdomen. But, I'm still nervous, especially since I've had an early miscarriage. Yet, i don't want to miss out on the fun with my boys. Ugh. This probably will sound selfish but I kind of wish I would have waited and not TTC this month. I'm hoping I'm not prego...hopefully next month will be my month!!!:wink:

Zivic-Bubac
July 13th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Did you do HPT? If you didn't maybe you could do it before going on va-cay, so you'll know if you are pg or not.
If I was pg I wouldn't ride on ANYTHING esp the fast ones. Those things can raise your adrenalin above imaginable which is not good for the baby. Also it speeds baby's heart rate.
I would be too scared to jeopardize my pregnancy because of few hours of high adrenalin fun. Just my :twocents:

If you are not pg, go have fun and have my pink dust for August attempt :wink:

threeatlast
July 13th, 2011, 04:30 AM
I wouldn't risk it either, I know most have signs anyway. Good luck

Lilian78
July 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM
The disney rides are pretty mild . . . I don't think there are many I wouldn't go on pregnant that early (e.g. there's a "real" roller coaster and the tower or terror in California Adventure). If you wanted to be really careful maybe avoid the ones that can be a little bumpy/jerky or that could cause anxiety.

My3girls
July 13th, 2011, 10:25 AM
In 2010 I went on vacation with dh and another couple, I found out 2 days before we left that I was 6 weeks PG. Long story short we went to a amusement park and in did all the rides. I ms carried a couple weeks later. Not sure that's what caused it, but a lot of times I blame myself because of those rides. Now I always warn people about rides and pregnancies.

purplepoet20
July 13th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I am sure a large portion of the rides are safe... the slow ones. But I would stay away from any go fast because it has to make a curve evenually and that could push you against the lap rest. There are only a few in Disneyland you may not be able to go on and a lot at Cal Adventure but I am sure you will still have tons of fun.

Also buy only bottled water... the drinking fountains in Cali may have a higher mineral level then you are used to and it is not good for preg women, OB told my mom and stepmom with their pregnancy.