PDA

View Full Version : What is your perfect family make up?

Zivic-Bubac
July 13th, 2011, 04:00 AM
There was similar thread on IG and it was fun, so I'll go first:

Ever since I was little girl, my perfect family was :bigboy::bigboy::bigboy:

After DD1 (and GD and feeling guilty because of GD etc, most of you are familiar with the feeling lol!) I thought, hey, never mind, I'll have :biggirl2::bigboy::bigboy:

Right....After DD2 I'm hoping for :biggirl2::biggirl2::bigboy: :fingers:

Indira
July 13th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Sending you all my blue dust Zivic.

Untill Ds1 was born I never really thought about it.
At this point I would say my perfect family make-up would be either :bigboy::bigboy::biggirl2::biggirl2: or :bigboy::bigboy::bigboy:; I really like the idea of having 3 adult sons but I would miss not having a daughter in my life.

Sassy
July 13th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Ooooo this sounds fun!

I never really thought about it before falling PG first time. But after my MC I just wanted a healthy baby and got my first DS. After that I though BGB, but then after another 2 MC and my second DS, now I'd really like NO MORE MC's and BBGG.... although, the next pg will be my last so *hopefully* I'll end up with twins!!!

swish
July 13th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I didn't think about it before I had ds1 but I did always think I'd have a mixture. When DS 2 came along I thought it was lovely they had each other as there is a small age gap. It was only at this point I thought I may never have a girl so I'm trying swaying!! My ideal would be 2 lovely girlies next but this baby will be my last so 1 girl would be perfect!!!

purplepoet20
July 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Growing up... :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: Yes 8 sons!

By sixteen I wanted... :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy:

About 5 years ago when I met hubby I wanted... :bigboy: :biggirl2: :bigboy: :biggirl2:

Hubby and I only talked about 2 kids and we hoped for... :bigboy: :biggirl2:

Now I would like... :bigboy: :bigboy: :biggirl2: I would love to have :biggirl2::biggirl2: but at this point I will take just one.

Flava
July 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
First I did not want any kid . Then just 1:DD: later on wanted 2:DD::DD: .
Then we had this crazy idea we like :DD::DD::DS:.
Now we have 4:DD: and no :DS:.

queen-of-harts
July 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
I always figured i would have :DD::DS::DD::DS: or :DD::DD::DS::DS: or :DS::DS::DD::DD: geez was i living in a fairytale.

swish
July 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Lol, q of h, for me it would have been the perfect 2 and 2 too!

Bambina
July 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM
2 girls would be my dream

zanacal
July 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
2 girls and 2 boys for me too. I love having children of the same sex because they have so much in common when they're playing - but I wouldn't have minded some blue and some pink (how greedy!). I love the idea of a big family but 4 is definitely my limit in that respect!

DoulaMama
July 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Hmmmm.....

My original dream- :DD::DD:

And of course it change with each child-

so it was: :DS::DD:
then::DS::DS::DD:
now: :DS::DS::DS::DD: LOL!

And really if I listen to my uterus and ovaries about my family make-up it screams : :DS::DS::DS::DD::DD::DD: HAHAHAHA! Hubs would most likely lop off his testicles himself if he had any idea how many kids I want.... :wink:

zanacal
July 13th, 2011, 04:14 PM
So funny DM!

nuthinbutpink
July 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Before I had kids, all I knew is that I wanted a boy first. So, I cannot really answer that question without bias of my family makeup now but knowing now what my life is and what I have-

:DD::DD::DS:

queen-of-harts
July 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
If the heavens are listening i will now consider :DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DD: or :DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DD::DD: or heck im easy to please :DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS: twin:DS::DD: lol

Hobbermittens
July 13th, 2011, 06:09 PM
I always wanted:DS::DS::DS::DS:.

My first was a girl, second was a boy, so I wanted another boy for my third. I would have been plenty happy with :DD::DS::DS:... but I didn't get that.

begonia
July 13th, 2011, 06:18 PM
If the heavens are listening i will now consider :DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DD: or :DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DD::DD: or heck im easy to please :DS::DS::DS::DS::DS::DS: twin:DS::DD: lol

Queen I was thinking of you today! One of my dear friends is one of 7 ... she's #7 and has six older brothers :bigsmile: Here's hoping you have a little girl who can one day say the same!

As for me ... it's funny for a long time as a kid I thought I'd never have children. But once I grew up, I wanted boys, 2 or 3. But when I fell pg with #1 I just *knew* it was a girl, and I was right. And while I was gutted when I found out DC2 was also a girl, since she arrived I have loved having 2 of a kind. It's so fun to see how different they are in spite of same gender, isn't it? And lucky for me my girls are total tomboys so we're building with legos and flying airplanes and making forts all day :happy: So it works.

And now I sure hope for :DD::DD::DS:, but lately I can honestly say I'll be a-ok with :DD::DD::DD:. And I think that is due to a LOT of prayer to be honest, because I never, ever would have seen myself happy with 3 daughters :rofl: I thank God for changing my heart for sure!

Myloves
July 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I've always wanted :biggirl2::biggirl2::biggirl2:. Just loved the idea of having 2 or 3 daughters. But then after I had DS1, I thought, hey maybe the idea of my future daughters having older brothers would be so bad:happy:, so my dream changed to :bigboy::biggirl2::biggirl2:.
Then my DS2 was born and my dream changed again to desperately wanting a daughter even if she were to be the only daughter I ever had. Luckily my family is now :bigboy::bigboy::biggirl2: so I did get a girl in the end... but I still wished(wish) for my DD to have a sister... took me a long time to properly appreciate my family makeup... I'm happy to have two boys and girl now, even if I do get pangs sometimes about Ruby not having a sister to grow up with (my boys are really close, and I want the same for my girl).

But for me now the perfect family make up would have to be :bigboy::bigboy::biggirl2::biggirl2: - something I wish I could have, but it'll probably never happen as I'm done with having kids.

Myloves
July 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Hmmmm.....

My original dream- :DD::DD:

And of course it change with each child-

so it was: :DS::DD:
then::DS::DS::DD:
now: :DS::DS::DS::DD: LOL!

And really if I listen to my uterus and ovaries about my family make-up it screams : :DS::DS::DS::DD::DD::DD: HAHAHAHA! Hubs would most likely lop off his testicles himself if he had any idea how many kids I want.... :wink:

Haha, yes! :awe: My dream changed with each child too!

queen-of-harts
July 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Queen I was thinking of you today! One of my dear friends is one of 7 ... she's #7 and has six older brothers :bigsmile: Here's hoping you have a little girl who can one day say the same!

As for me ... it's funny for a long time as a kid I thought I'd never have children. But once I grew up, I wanted boys, 2 or 3. But when I fell pg with #1 I just *knew* it was a girl, and I was right. And while I was gutted when I found out DC2 was also a girl, since she arrived I have loved having 2 of a kind. It's so fun to see how different they are in spite of same gender, isn't it? And lucky for me my girls are total tomboys so we're building with legos and flying airplanes and making forts all day :happy: So it works.

And now I sure hope for :DD::DD::DS:, but lately I can honestly say I'll be a-ok with :DD::DD::DD:. And I think that is due to a LOT of prayer to be honest, because I never, ever would have seen myself happy with 3 daughters :rofl: I thank God for changing my heart for sure!

Awe Begonia thank you that is soo sweet! And i really hope you get your boy soon and you can have all my blue dust!!!

mybluepilot
July 13th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Ok ok my turn :)
So I always hoped and prayed to god to have a boy, boy, and then a girl
Now it's girl, girl, and would love boy , boy I want both of each gender, after each other and close in age to be friends and have each other..
It's sooo nice to dream (sighhhhh)

Glittergirl
July 15th, 2011, 12:49 AM
I always wanted a few boys--now I'm thinking a girl would be nice but I'm so worried to have a daughter with 3 older brothers?? Poor thing! Overall BBGG would be ideal! but I'm now praying for a girl--something I've only wanted now that I have three boys.

zanacal
July 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I think it would be pretty cool for a girl to have 3 older brothers (I kind of have to really!).

kaseybaby
July 16th, 2011, 09:16 PM
when I was a kid I wanted :DD::DD::DD::DS::DS:
Now I really want :DS::DD::DS: or :DS::DD::DD: I really do not care in the slightest which gender I have two of, I just want my one :DD:

kaseybaby
July 16th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I always wanted a few boys--now I'm thinking a girl would be nice but I'm so worried to have a daughter with 3 older brothers?? Poor thing! Overall BBGG would be ideal! but I'm now praying for a girl--something I've only wanted now that I have three boys.

I have 3 older brothers and I love it. I have one younger sister who is 11 years younger then me, and we are not nearly as close as I am with my brothers. They are some of my best friends. ;)

Bambina
July 17th, 2011, 03:42 AM
I'd love twin girls!

ELP
July 17th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I would like to finish our family with:bigboy::bigboy::bigboy::biggirl2::happy:

Zivic-Bubac
July 17th, 2011, 06:37 AM
ELP that would be 12 total? You are one brave mama :)

ELP
July 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
ELP that would be 12 total? You are one brave mama :)lol, I know but what difference would a couple of extra heads make around here:shrug::bigsmile:

zanacal
July 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
ELP, I had no idea!! What sexes do you have so far? (Besides lots of it!!)

ELP
July 17th, 2011, 10:02 AM
I have :biggirl2::bigboy::bigboy::biggirl2::bigboy::biggi rl2::biggirl2::biggirl2::HH:They are between 1 and 12:happy: and are smashing kids:happy: Theres a piccy of em all over on the members form 'tell me a secret' thread if you want to meet the gang:bigsmile:

Iris_star
July 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM
i have my 3 boys and would love the one girl :) :) :) :) if we have pink next that will be it for us :) although never say never....lol

QueenB
July 17th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I have always wanted:DS::DS::DD::DD: In no particular order. After DS2, though, I thought for sure I'd only have a family of boys. Thank goodness our sway worked with DD; now, just hoping a sway will work for one more DD so we can be done :)

QueenB

TWINSplz!
July 18th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Well, I've always wanted two of each in no paticular order. We have DS1, DS2, DS3, DD1, DD2 so I got one extra fella! But he's such a sweetie and I wouldn't trade him for the world!

lindi
July 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Its interesting how so many want the :DS: (s) first! I always liked boys who had older sisters because they seemed to relate to girls well... I didn't think about it too much though with DS just wanted a healthy baby, but when I think about it now I always liked the idea of :DD: :DD: s because I wanted a sister so badly. Maybe someday we'll have another :DD:? yikes!

LuvMyXYbutWantXX
July 18th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Growing up I wanted GGG (just like I had)... Now I have DS, so now my dream is BG! Lol

Lilian78
July 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I think having an "ideal" is what brings us all to forums like this (LOL). It's hard to live up to the fantasy . . . in any event, I think BBGG or GGBB is best. At the outset, however, I think I wanted 3 with a mixture of gender. Ideally probably GBB. It was only after having 2 boys that I realized how nice it can be for a child to have a same-gender sibling close in age. Now I really would love to achieve that BBGG, but am happy to report that after years of obsession, I think I'm over "it" and would be fine with BBGB :)

desperate_for_boy
July 19th, 2011, 12:15 AM
2+1 whatevr gender

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
I always wanted 5 or 6 children and I didn't have a strong gender preference, I did think there would be at least one girl in there though. I rem. when I was pg with DS 2, seeing a funny sign that read, "There's a special place in heaven for a mother of 4 boys" and actually thinking, "oh, that wouldn't be so bad, it would be fun!"...but then the very next second I thought, "no, I do want at least one daughter"!! Little did I know that someday I would actually OWN that sign!!!

I did want a boy when I had DS 1, had no pref. with DS 2, and I am very thankful that I did get to experience pregnancy and birth without gender disappointment...my heart aches for people who have a strong pref. from their first child. :(

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
I think it would be pretty cool for a girl to have 3 older brothers (I kind of have to really!).

I desperately wanted (and still kinda do) a big brother. I used to have dreams where it turned out my dad had had a secret kid and he came back and found us!!

Princess of Pink
July 24th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Before we had kids I wanted :DS::DD::DS::DD: or :DS::DD::DD::DD: something about the older brother to protect kind of thing. But I wanted boy first, then a girl second.

After girl #1 I was desperate for a boy...in any order I didn't care!! My ideal changed with each pregnancy to always end in a boy. Now after finally laying my EGD to rest....
I would honestly be happy with :DD::DD::DD::DD::DD::DD: and I think another girl would just fit in better...don't get me wrong I wouldn't be disappointed to hear boy....but for the first time EVER, I want another girl. And I finally feel at peace!! It's so nice finally.

KnockYourBallsOff
July 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM
In High School when DH and I met, we always said :DS::DS::DS::DS:.

However, now that we have :DS::DS::DS:, I REALLY REALLY want to have a daughter, but I also REALLY REALLY want her to have a sister b/c I see how much my 3 DS's have in common. So, now it's: :DS:, :DS:, :DS:, :DD:, :DD:.

4BlueLooking4Pink
August 2nd, 2011, 12:27 AM
When I first really started wanting kids I didn't care. I did want a son first and got him and I didn't have GD with #2. It wasn't until I had son #3 that my "ideal" was going to have to change and that's when I started to get GD. So originally I would have liked :DS::DS::DD::DD: however now I'd like :DS::DS::DS::DS::DD::DD:

And one thing I know now is that if I had gotten :DS::DS::DD::DD: I most likely would have wanted another baby... probably a :DS:. I just love babies and having kids - I wouldn't have wanted to stop at just 4 even if I had gotten my "ideal" genders in the first place.

4BlueLooking4Pink
August 2nd, 2011, 12:31 AM
You know, I really like being on this site - all these big families are nice to see. I feel like I fit in a lot better here than with a lot of my friends who at the most have 2 kids (2 are expecting #3 but I'm certain no one will have 4 much less 5 and possibly 6). If we have a 5th I can imagine the comments I will get!

XXdreaming
August 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
All I wanted was 3 kids it didn't matter the make up as long as I had one of each so :biggirl2: :bigboy: :bigboy: or. :biggirl2: :bigboy: :biggirl2: or. :bigboy: :biggirl2: :bigboy: or :bigboy: :biggirl2: :biggirl2: but I do think no matter what the makeup was I would of still ended with 5 kids because I love babies and kids

But now its :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :bigboy: :biggirl2: or( gg twins lol)

XXdreaming
August 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
You know, I really like being on this site - all these big families are nice to see. I feel like I fit in a lot better here than with a lot of my friends who at the most have 2 kids (2 are expecting #3 but I'm certain no one will have 4 much less 5 and possibly 6). If we have a 5th I can imagine the comments I will get!

Yup this is me, I do feel like I fit better here than in real life who most have 1 or 2 kids and one of them has 3, but I got some rude comments from family about #4 so I am not looking forward to the rude comments when they find out about #5(when I conceive and after 1st trimester no way will I tell them I am ttcing #5 lol), but I am going to enjoy the look on their face when I say "yes it was planned" lmao

4BlueLooking4Pink
August 2nd, 2011, 05:37 PM
(no way will I tell them I am ttcing #5 lol), but I am going to enjoy the look on their face when I say "yes it was planned" lmao

Me too! I will NOT tell anyone we're ttc. I just don't want to hear any comments about it. But it will be kind of fun to see their faces when they hear it was planned, lol!

DoulaMama
August 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Yup this is me, I do feel like I fit better here than in real life who most have 1 or 2 kids and one of them has 3, but I got some rude comments from family about #4 so I am not looking forward to the rude comments when they find out about #5(when I conceive and after 1st trimester no way will I tell them I am ttcing #5 lol), but I am going to enjoy the look on their face when I say "yes it was planned" lmao
LOL! I, too, wonder about the comments when we tell everyone we're having #4. My mom knows we're planning on one more and is totally supportive but other than her and my close friends, no one thinks we're right in the head for wanting ANOTHER child. I don't really care what they think as long as they keep their comments to themselves. The best is- "You do know what causes that, right?". Ugh~ like I've never heard that one before! I usually say, "oh yes! I just don't understand why it keeps happening though! I mean, I even keep my diaphragm tacked to my headboard just so I never forget to use it". ;) Duh.
I would love to have 5-6 kids but I think 5 is most likely our max. Van space would be the biggest reason :) I think big families are great:D

XXdreaming
August 2nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
*y su* holds 5, so if we end up with *ore we will ha*e to get a bigger *ar, yeah so*eone spilled water on keyboard so lots of keys dont work, I asteri the *issing letters so *aybe you *an de*ipher what I a* trying to say, l*ao

DoulaMama
August 2nd, 2011, 08:20 PM
*y su* holds 5, so if we end up with *ore we will ha*e to get a bigger *ar, yeah so*eone spilled water on keyboard so lots of keys dont work, I asteri the *issing letters so *aybe you *an de*ipher what I a* trying to say, l*ao

LMAO!!!! Priceless!!!

XXdreaming
August 2nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
Yeah I will stick to my cellphone, hopefully my keyboard will dry out and have a full key recovery lol

ELP
August 3rd, 2011, 03:55 AM
:rofl: This has had my eyes watering this morning!!