PDA

View Full Version : Can I drink diet coke and coffee anytime I want on LE diet?

keepthefaith
September 1st, 2014, 08:16 AM
Just wondering if it's ok to drink between meals as long as no snacking? Easier to keep going if can drink!

Thanks for advice!

eleena2014
September 1st, 2014, 08:31 AM
yes if they have articificial sweetners or no sugar in

keepthefaith
September 1st, 2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks!

princessCharlotte
September 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM
yes i've been having it for LE diet since feb14.
but somehow or rather, diet coke make me headache freq. so im reducing the intake of diet coke by taking from AF-O this month onwards.

maidentomother
September 1st, 2014, 04:33 PM
Yes! But I'd go easy on the aspartame (I.e. 10 drinks a day with it is probably not great). If you can find stevia-sweetened drinks (there are some Lipton iced teas here in Germany with stevia), maybe try them, and alternate with aspartame drinks? You could alternate with splenda drinks as well.

Prepsina2014
September 1st, 2014, 05:18 PM
Yes! But I'd go easy on the aspartame (I.e. 10 drinks a day with it is probably not great). If you can find stevia-sweetened drinks (there are some Lipton iced teas here in Germany with stevia), maybe try them, and alternate with aspartame drinks? You could alternate with splenda drinks as well.

Interesting.
I have understood that Stevia is a no-go when swaying pink...?
If not I would be using that too. I much prefer it to aspartame (but have diet coke almost every day in-between meals to cope with being hungry...)

maidentomother
September 1st, 2014, 09:14 PM
I haven't heard that about Stevia but I'm sure atomic will chime in. I don't think Stevia sways pink necessarily, I think it's neutral, but fewer calories bc it's used in place of sugar makes it indirectly helpful for pink, like Splenda and xylitol.

Edit: I searched and atomic says Stevia MAY sway blue, but it appears there isnt much info on that. I'd love to hear why/how, bc I think it is probably neutral. Splenda is for sure okay for pink.

calciumconfused
September 2nd, 2014, 10:04 AM
I was just wondering myself, because the diet coke definitely helps with the hungry periods... I add tea and water too, to feel a bit fuller.

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2014, 11:36 AM
Anything with no sugar, no carbs, plain or artificially sweetened, is fine between meals. :)

Please limit artificial sweeteners of any stripe to sane and sensible quantities as they are honestly not even proven to sway anyway and thus not worth any level of risk, even if remote.

re stevia, I agree with what Maiden is saying and to clarify, the old school sway gurus claimed stevia swayed blue because it raised pH. Now, subsequent research indicates to me that the notion of foods/drinks being able to internally change the pH of anything other than our urine, to be biologically improbable (even impossible) and thus I cannot say either way regarding stevia.

keepthefaith
September 2nd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Anything with no sugar, no carbs, plain or artificially sweetened, is fine between meals. :)

Please limit artificial sweeteners of any stripe to sane and sensible quantities as they are honestly not even proven to sway anyway and thus not worth any level of risk, even if remote.

re stevia, I agree with what Maiden is saying and to clarify, the old school sway gurus claimed stevia swayed blue because it raised pH. Now, subsequent research indicates to me that the notion of foods/drinks being able to internally change the pH of anything other than our urine, to be biologically improbable (even impossible) and thus I cannot say either way regarding stevia.

Would be two cans and maybe a glass a day max, hoping that's not too much excess! Thanks for input ladies xx

atomic sagebrush
September 3rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
That's fine! There are some other sites out there who have ladies doing levels of aspartame that I believe to be nothing short of insane.