PDA

View Full Version : pattern of previous pregnancies and symtoms

needmorepink
September 2nd, 2014, 08:00 AM
Did you know what you were having by your symptoms of your past pregnancies? Did you get sick with your boys and not with your girls, with the next pregnancy not get sick so thought it was another girl due to lack of sickness again? Was it correct?

Dreamofpink
September 2nd, 2014, 08:15 AM
I've had 2 almost identical pregnancies - symptom wise - and one completely different. All three of mine are boys. Sorry but there's absolutely nothing in it :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

atomic sagebrush
September 2nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
NO. and I have seen literally hundreds if not thousands of women obsess over symptoms but there is absolutely no pattern there whatsoever.

I had the least sickness with my girl and one of my boys. Most sickness with first pregnancy (I think in large part because I did not know how to manage it)

I had one pregnancy where I had every girl symptom in the book and he is the most boyish boy of them all.

Abifasc
September 2nd, 2014, 10:37 AM
This last pregnancy I was convinced was a girl because I have been SO sick and I hadn't had a minute of morning sickness with my other boys. He's all boy. So...if there's a next time, I'll try not to read into it.

eleena2014
September 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM
i was just thinking about this.hope there is no truth to it as my pregnancy so far (only 6 weeks 2 days) doesnt seem much different from my boys,apart from more acne and more tender boobs.

sweetdream
September 22nd, 2014, 04:54 PM
I had three simular pg. This fourth is so diff. Don't know gender. But hope iT means something. Although i'm scared body is playing games.

angielorna
September 22nd, 2014, 09:01 PM
i was just thinking about this.hope there is no truth to it as my pregnancy so far (only 6 weeks 2 days) doesnt seem much different from my boys,apart from more acne and more tender boobs.

this is me, exactly. I have 2 boys and so far all three pregnancies have been very similar. I've never had nausea....even when I was pregnant with my baby girl. So I'm hoping (hoping, hoping, hoping) that similar pregnancy experiences do not mean same gender....

Angie

usuallywrite
September 22nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
First, boy: No morning sickness at all
Second, boy: Same
Third, boy: Same
Fourth, girl: Super nauseous for 16 weeks
Fifth, boy: I was sure it was another girl because I got sick all over again, 17 weeks
Sixth, boy: All day sickness for the entire pregnancy except weeks 20-26, worst of all of them

The only thing with my girl that was different was my skin was quite a bit worse than with my boys, and my breasts were so sore I'd be in tears if I faced the shower spray. Still sore with the boys, just not quite as severe. Only got linea nigra twice, with my girl, only up to my bellybutton, and with this last boy, it went above my navel. Nothing with the other 4 boys. It seems pretty much luck of the draw haphazard to me. :)

yogi&booboo
September 23rd, 2014, 05:07 AM
I have three girls and all three drained me with the same symptoma. The worst was morning sickness. I have yet to see any symptoms but ai will let you know in a few weeks. 😆

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2014, 08:32 AM

Boys do not even start to make testosterone until later on in pregnancy and there is no real difference (biologically) between boys and girls at this point.

The average girl pregnancy does make a bit more HCG than the average boy pregnancy but there are many, many boy pg that make more HCG than many, many girl pg and this HCG does not seem to be affiliated with any difference in symptoms.

atomic sagebrush
September 23rd, 2014, 08:33 AM
this is me, exactly. I have 2 boys and so far all three pregnancies have been very similar. I've never had nausea....even when I was pregnant with my baby girl. So I'm hoping (hoping, hoping, hoping) that similar pregnancy experiences do not mean same gender....

Angie

My mom never had nausea and in fact would go on and on about how morning sickness was "psychological" and she had 2 (living) girls and a boy. (she also lost a girl along the way)