PDA

View Full Version : Boy Sway and Yeast Infection

Aqua
January 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I am at 6 DPO and have a slight whitish discharge with little itching. Eating yogurt is good for any kind of YI, but since I am on at boy sway, I cannot do that. Any suggestions that are safe for 2ww and boy sway?

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'm not the swaying expert but at 6dpo, are you even possibly fertile anymore?

Beyond that google says if your vaginal pH is above normal, the most likely reason is that you have bacterial vaginosis (BV) and not a yeast infection.

And

When mixed with an acid, baking soda (NaHCO3) accepts a hydrogen ion. This means that baking soda is a base. If applied to the vagina during a yeast infection, it will raise the pH and make the infection worse, despite what many websites may tell you.

I am worried that if you continue douching(if you even did) that you could actually force the infection up into your cervix and beyond. Hopefully Viene or Atomic will see this and provide some advice!

ELP
January 5th, 2011, 04:50 AM
How about applying live yoghurt to the area, this works for YI but wouldn't involve eating it or getting it into your body kwim?

Also on the topic of yi, I seem to develop yi a few days before I ov each time, how would I stop this from happening as it seems to drop my ph each time when I need it to be going up!

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Weirdly, I was just going to write an article about yeast and swaying TODAY!

YES! By all means you're exactly right, you can apply the live yogurt to the vaginal area and it will help cure the infection. It works unbelievably fast too.

I think that any introduction of calcium into the vaginal area will have gone away by the time it's O time again. Much better to apply the yogurt to the site of the infection itself than to eat it and risk raising your calcium intake (and works better too.)

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2011, 09:27 AM
8, have you ever checked the pH of yogurt? I'm curious what it is.

ELP
January 6th, 2011, 04:46 AM
8, have you ever checked the pH of yogurt? I'm curious what it is.

Nope, never checked it, I will though out of interest. I'm pretty sure I'm out this month as I've woken up with my pms angry head on lol. I will get a pot in for next month so I can use it when I feel it starting up again. Strange that it seems linked to my ov?

atomic sagebrush
January 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Not strange at all for me. For YEARS I got yeast infections after O that cleared up when AF came, and in the same months of the year and everything, May, June, and July. Probably for 7 or 8 years in a row this happened. I found it very interesting that it was so predictable.

The other intriguing thing is that the year I got pg with DS 3 I DID NOT get my usual yearly yeast infections and I was really relieved because we were TTC and I didn't want to mess around with medications (I had never heard of swaying then, I just thought it could potentially hurt the baby). I didn't get pg in May but I did in June...I'm so curious about whether my body chemistry was somehow different than it had been in other years, why I didn't get YI that year, if it had anything to do with my pH or CM or what???

TTC5
March 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I know this is an old thread now but wanted to add that applying yogurt as mentioned earlier directly below is a great way to ease the thrush!! I have just myself got over a YI - not fun =(

ELP
March 15th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Every thread is worth a bump 5, it's amazing the info you forget until you see it again!!

deesh90
July 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM
its awesum...i save it for future use... its superb help me alot