PDA

View Full Version : Question on frozen sperm transportation :-)

Petal
July 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hi dr Potter
Ive been a member on IG for a few years now and after an unsuccessful sway resulting in our 3rd boy who is due in october :-) we have decided to research as much as possible about pgd, i am reaseaching both Cyprus and HRC.
So as we will soon have 3 children we wouldnt be able to take them all over to California (we are in UK) so could my dh's sperm be frozen and shipped to you and so only I would have to come out for the procedure? How much would this cost?

Thanks in advance :-))) x

Id_Love_Pink
July 17th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Great question Petal, I wondered if this was possible too as Im from the UK but then just assumed it wasn't. I'd like to know the answer. x

queen-bee
July 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I am also interested to know if it could be shipped from Australia.

CrazyK
July 20th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I'd like like to know too. It would be much easier and cheaper just to bring sperm on the plane rather than DH and 3 kids. Would it decrease sucess rates?

Id_Love_Pink
July 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
I dont think this will be an option for us ladies, I've read you need a license to do this :-( And HFEA won't let us ship as what we're all doing is illegal in the UK. It could have again changed but Im not sure.

Persuing Lacey
July 24th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I'm sure this is possible, but don't know of regulations for the UK. There is a shipping company who does this you just need to ask Lori. It costs around $2k AUD. Or you could send hubby before you cycle like I did, and use the frozen sperm when you get there.

Dr. Potter
July 25th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hi dr Potter
Ive been a member on IG for a few years now and after an unsuccessful sway resulting in our 3rd boy who is due in october :-) we have decided to research as much as possible about pgd, i am reaseaching both Cyprus and HRC.
So as we will soon have 3 children we wouldnt be able to take them all over to California (we are in UK) so could my dh's sperm be frozen and shipped to you and so only I would have to come out for the procedure? How much would this cost?

Thanks in advance :-))) xI would be a simple matter to have your sperm frozen and shipped. I am not sure the extact total in the UK but it would be around $300 to freeze the sperm and another $300-$400 to have it shipped out. We have had many patients do this, it works well for those that cannot bring the whole family.

queen-bee
August 3rd, 2011, 07:19 AM
thanks for the info, Dr Potter!Do you have more specific details - name of the company that we could contact, etc?

Dr. Potter
September 16th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I would be a simple matter to have your sperm frozen and shipped. I am not sure the extact total in the UK but it would be around $300 to freeze the sperm and another $300-$400 to have it shipped out. We have had many patients do this, it works well for those that cannot bring the whole family.

Lori would be better with the specifics. She can be contacted at Loriw@havingbabies.com