PDA

View Full Version : x2 cancelled cycles due to OHSS risk should I give up?

Allguys
July 14th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Dr P
I have tried ivf/pgd twice now and over stimulated both times 45+ follicles. I have polycystic ovaries but without the full syndrome. I have 3 boys 14,12 & 3. This last cycle in June I was down regulated for 3 weeks then on 150iu merinol alternated with 75iu each day and still over responded!! Could you help???:DD:

Dr. Potter
July 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Dr P
I have tried ivf/pgd twice now and over stimulated both times 45+ follicles. I have polycystic ovaries but without the full syndrome. I have 3 boys 14,12 & 3. This last cycle in June I was down regulated for 3 weeks then on 150iu merinol alternated with 75iu each day and still over responded!! Could you help???:DD:You need to be tested for insulin resistance if you haven’t been already. Metformin can often help normalize the response. A couple other approaches that can be useful in such situations is either an antagonist cycle with lupron trigger or a long antagonist cycle where you are completely shut down with antagonist prior to stim. Both of these approaches can be combined with all freeze if need be. There is always a way to work around this in my experience.