PDA

View Full Version : Hi! First time ttc :)

TigerLily12
September 10th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Hello ladies! I've been lurking around this site for awhile just gathering information. I'd be happy with either gender but I think I'd prefer my first baby to be a little girl. I'd be so excited to buy her little dresses and pink everything! :ballerina:

Anyways, I stopped midcycle with my BCP last month. The first day of my period after the pill was August 24th. We liked the idea of a May or June baby so hopefully this first round works! Since I wasn't sure whether or not I would ovulate the first month I took soy iso cd 3-7. cd 3: 135, cd 4: 180, cd 5: 180, cd 6: 200, cd 7: 200. I took baby aspirin during my AF week but stopped. I take calcium & magnesium supplements everyday. I've been taking 4mg of folic acid a day... I know that's a lot but I was trying to maybe make up for never taking it prior to this cycle? I started taking EPO on cd 8 to help me with cm (again, I'm trying to make sure I ovulate and have the fluid the spermies need!)

I had very watery discharge every day after AF. I never received any ewcm :(
Around cd 11 I had even more watery discharge/was very wet down there (sorry for the tmi)
The relevant BD we did was cd 12, twice on 14, and 17. CD 12 was strange because (warning, TMI ahead!!) even though I was on top, after he came nothing seemed to leak out of me! That had never happened before and it hasn't happened since... I would love any explanation because he said he definitely came. :confused: I tried tracking my CP but since this was my first month I haven't been too sure what to expect. However, it was soft, wet, and high (I don't think it was ever open?) on cd 14 and 15. CD 15 I woke up with some pulling types of cramps in my lower right side abdomen and even a little in my lower left side as well. I'm thinking I O'd cd 15 because I had some slimy cm but it wasn't stretchy as much as it was thick and watery if that makes sense. (could it have also been leftover semen from the night before?)

That would mean today was 3dpo and I couldn't be more impatient to start testing and FX get a bfp :fx:

Thank you ladies for all of your stories, experiences, wisdom, and advice! and thank you even more for listening :wave:

nuthinbutpink
September 10th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome!

2boysJustOneGirl
September 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome! I wish I had known about all this swaying stuff for my first time TTC. Good for you for being on the ball, wish you well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
September 11th, 2014, 08:40 AM
hi and welcome!! good luck!

maidentomother
September 12th, 2014, 10:59 AM
If you don't get pregnant this month, I suggest you read up on how we sway pink here, as many of the sway tactics you're using we believe to sway boy. If you're interested in feedback on what to change abut your sway, I and others would be happy to help. :)

I am also swaying pink for my first child.

atomic sagebrush
September 12th, 2014, 11:24 AM
:agree: I just didn't want to go over in too much detail since she may already be pregnant. :cheer:

The Anchor
September 12th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Wouldn't it be lovely if you got your girl first shot? Welcome and GL!!!

TigerLily12
September 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Thank you all for your welcomes!! I'm going to try and hold off testing until the 21st. AF is due that day. I've been very happy and hopeful lately. I'm not sure if it's a sign or if it's just from all the BD recently :oops: However I'm a little worried that something is going to go wrong or I'll get a bfn for sure because I got a UTI on the 10th and the dr. is making me take antibiotics from the 11th-18th.
Today is 6dpo, I'm guessing... I didn't use opks. But so far I got headaches the first couple days, and lots of cramping. I'm trying to reason it was from the progesterone after O? After O I was pretty dry down there as far as cm goes, but yesterday at 5dpo I started getting creamy cm... kind of thick, very gross.
Pretty gassy today... It's embarrassing! I had a taco last night though so that could be it. Also, it seems like I've gotten a good 3-4 crazy dreams the past few nights. All of them involved me, pregnancy, and cheeseburgers from the restaurant I used to work at back in high school!!? :rofl:
I've never felt more "baby crazy" in my life. It's like I never realized how much I actually wanted this. I don't want to get my hopes up and I'm really trying hard not to symptom spot but it's just so hard!
If this isn't my month, I'd love to try with an actual sway next month!! This month I just really wanted to try and get pregnant.
I hope I don't sound too crazy lol

jmomof3girls
September 13th, 2014, 09:44 PM
You don't sound crazy. You sound just like all of us who are ttc!

atomic sagebrush
September 14th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Creamy CM can be a sign of early pg but 5 dpo is really too early for that. My money is on something called the secondary estrogen surge which is just your body making a little bit of estrogen to sustain the lining a little bit longer to allow the egg to implant.

TigerLily12
September 14th, 2014, 01:05 PM
That would be exciting! Does the body do that every month after O?

TigerLily12
September 15th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Last night I had really sore bbs while we were in bed trying to watch a movie and between 6-7dpo I was getting a lot of twinges in my lower abdomen. I know it could be from gas or something but I caved and poas this morning. BFN at 8dpo. I was expecting it. I'll try again tomorrow :)

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2014, 08:57 AM
That would be exciting! Does the body do that every month after O?

Yes!

atomic sagebrush
September 15th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Last night I had really sore bbs while we were in bed trying to watch a movie and between 6-7dpo I was getting a lot of twinges in my lower abdomen. I know it could be from gas or something but I caved and poas this morning. BFN at 8dpo. I was expecting it. I'll try again tomorrow :)

Usually if you're getting symptoms it will register on a test, but maybe your pee was just a bit diluted.

Sore BBs for me is the earliest and surest sign.

tarasue
September 15th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Sore bb's and the taste of copper pennies in my mouth were my first signs, and dizziness! Fingers crossed for you!!

TigerLily12
September 16th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I took another dollar store test today. 9dpo bfn. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not out yet!!

atomic sagebrush
September 17th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Way way too early hun. I'd wait till 12 dpo.

TigerLily12
September 17th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I don't have the patience :(
I tested this morning with my cheap store brand blue dye + or - test and it was bfn. Then I went out on lunch and bought a FRER and that was also bfn. I wish I wasn't so impatient because I just feel sad now. I'm 10DPO

I'll just keep testing until AF comes, but honestly I don't feel hopeful that I'm pg anymore.

TigerLily12
September 19th, 2014, 06:28 PM
12dpo and another bfn. Realistically now, am I out?

maidentomother
September 20th, 2014, 07:21 AM
At 12DPO, if an early response FRER is BFN, you are probably out but you always have a chance until AF arrives. Are you basing when you Oed on OPKs or temping? Bc if you aren't temping, you can't be sure of when you Oed or even that you did. Though assuming you get AF regularly, you are most likely Oing regularly.

TigerLily12
September 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Yesterday I used a dollar store one and an equate + or - one. I only have on frer left and I'm too nervous to use it.
I didn't temp or use OPK's. I just kind of guessed based off of what I read about ovulation. I'm assuming I O regularly because I'm in my early twenties and have never had any issues with not getting AF or a cyst or anything.

I was reading that a woman can start off with a non-pregnant Hcg level of 1-5 and that it doubles every 48 or so hours after implantation. So assuming that's accurate if a woman had like a 3 for starters and implantation happened 9dpo she wouldn't even get an hpt to register positive until 13-15 dpo right? If her starting level was even lower at like a 1 or 2 (apparently that's also normal) at 15dpo she would only have an hcg level of 8 or 16.

I want to know how common it is for a woman's hcg levels to be lower than 5 before she is pregnant. I'm not necessarily grabbing for straws but if this is true it's enough to convince me never to test early again.

maidentomother
September 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Since you haven't used a FRER, I do think you still have a decent chance. Although, without knowing when you Oed, you can't be sure your timing was right, or maybe you Oed later than you think.

I agree you're probably Oing since you're young and have regular AFs. But I strongly recommend temping if you get AF and start swaying pink the GD way, as swaying can mess with your cycle and only temping can accurately confirm/determine O, outside of a Dr's visit.

TigerLily12
September 25th, 2014, 12:34 PM
CD33... no AF. BFN.

TigerLily12
September 25th, 2014, 12:35 PM
This is the longest I've ever had a cycle.

2boysJustOneGirl
September 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
My cycle has gone totally crazy since I started swaying. It's normal! Try not to stress about it.