PDA

View Full Version : how important is a march/april sway for girl?

queen-of-harts
July 15th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Is it really that more "pink" to get preggo in march/april to have a dec/jan baby than it would be to get preggo in nov/dec and have a august/sep baby?

Zivic-Bubac
July 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I don't think it matters that much. It's because of the ions, so you can counteract if you TTC during 'wrong' period.
( note: DD1 was conceived late Dec or early Jan - I'm not sure cos we weren't trying for a baby, and DD2 was conceived around 22nd November)

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Well, actually it's not the ions and the March/April theory contradicts the ion theory. Here is the essay for anyone who hasn't seen it. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying

If you read this article you can see the numbers for yourself - "In October, the "best" month for boys, out of 1,000 babies conceived, 535 were boys and 465 were girls. But in April, the best month for girls, the ratio was 487 boys to 513 girls."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/3306591/Autumn-for-boys-spring-for-girls.html

So there are def. plenty of opposites BUT unlike a lot swaying stuff where there doesn't seem to be a lot of actual evidence to back it up (timing) this really has been studied conclusively and we can see for ourselves that it's a real phenomenon that does actually make a difference.

FWIW I have TWO March baby boys and an early June so I know firsthand it's not any kind of magic pink bullet, but I must admit that in my December Due Date board, there were a disproportionate number of baby girls conceived. I think only three of us conceived boys who wanted girls. To the point where the Due Date board was extremely depressing and I ended up leaving it.

bodhi
July 17th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Maybe it has to do with the availability of more nutritious foods over the summer months. Sometimes I get lazy about eating well over the winter, but then summer rolls around and I gorge myself on fresh peas, cherries, and other foods not available year round. This would mean that by the end of the summer you're healthier and more likely to conceive a boy, and after a long winter of being bored and eating less good stuff, you're more likely to have a girl.

Just a theory, it made sense in my head :shrug:

zanacal
July 18th, 2011, 01:06 PM
That does make sense bodhi!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Maybe it has to do with the availability of more nutritious foods over the summer months. Sometimes I get lazy about eating well over the winter, but then summer rolls around and I gorge myself on fresh peas, cherries, and other foods not available year round. This would mean that by the end of the summer you're healthier and more likely to conceive a boy, and after a long winter of being bored and eating less good stuff, you're more likely to have a girl.

Just a theory, it made sense in my head :shrug:

Well, they claim to have corrected for that. Personally, I think it's prob. the Vit. D in sunshine, temperature, or some circadian rhythm so ancient we aren't even aware of it.

Lara3
February 21st, 2013, 10:05 PM
This is for the Northern hemisphere right? So in the Southern, October would be best for girls? (or the winter months or just after, right?)

Wanting-a-girl
February 21st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Well I got preg in may with ds3 and July or the first two and this time I got preg in December trying to switch I up a bit..l does winter sway girl

WantingPink
February 21st, 2013, 10:57 PM
Well I got preg in may with ds3 and July or the first two and this time I got preg in December trying to switch I up a bit..l does winter sway girl

I kind of did the same thing. DS1 and DS2 were both conceived in July so this time we conceived in December.

afy
February 21st, 2013, 11:23 PM
This did confuse me but I actually concieved DD in August.. I myself was conceived in October .. I don't think it's a huge factor but the study I came across which was done in Italy doesn't necessarily mean its the same all around the world because climate, temp etc vary .. Like our diet is suppose to switch tht around eg Im on the HE diet I constantly look to eat the good nutritious stuff.. So regardless of the time or month or whatever season our bodies automatically should get the times are "good" signal or vice versa for girls.. Lol I hope I made sense

Lara3
February 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Yes, I'm in Southern hemisphere and my 2 boys were conceived in February and March. Think I might try August this time. I don't think I could get further away!! Good luck Wanting-a-girl and wantingpink. Are you finding out? Good luck with your boy sway afy. You can have all of my blue dust!

Goodus
February 22nd, 2013, 05:15 AM
Are there any evidence for Southern atmosphere people? I'm really wanting o start ttc in may :s should I put it ff till aug?!

Bigwish
February 22nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Here's the link to the original article
http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/4/885.full.pdf?sid=77b754a8-1cd2-4ebc-af8d-e6ba36ea265b

Interesting read!

Butterfly Spirit
February 22nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
I conceived in April and miscarried a girl. My hubby had a premonitional dream that it was a girl.
I then conceived this little one right after her in May.

And my DS#1 was conceived in the dead of Winter.

I personally think that it's better to sway in warmer months if you really want a DD, and in colder months sway for a DS.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Are there any evidence for Southern atmosphere people? I'm really wanting o start ttc in may :s should I put it ff till aug?!

To my knowledge no one has studied it yet, we are extrapolating from the study done in the Northern Hemisphere and reversing the months.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
I conceived in April and miscarried a girl. My hubby had a premonitional dream that it was a girl.
I then conceived this little one right after her in May.

And my DS#1 was conceived in the dead of Winter.

I personally think that it's better to sway in warmer months if you really want a DD, and in colder months sway for a DS.

I disagree with this - I think it has to do with hours of sunlight, more sunlight for more consecutive months = more DS. So early to mid fall you've just had several months of sunlight = boy peak

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2013, 01:22 PM
This is for the Northern hemisphere right? So in the Southern, October would be best for girls? (or the winter months or just after, right?)

girl peak months in S Hemi are Sept-Nov, boy peak are Mar-May

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
This did confuse me but I actually concieved DD in August.. I myself was conceived in October .. I don't think it's a huge factor but the study I came across which was done in Italy doesn't necessarily mean its the same all around the world because climate, temp etc vary .. Like our diet is suppose to switch tht around eg Im on the HE diet I constantly look to eat the good nutritious stuff.. So regardless of the time or month or whatever season our bodies automatically should get the times are "good" signal or vice versa for girls.. Lol I hope I made sense

The seasons are not a magic bullet, if you read the study you will see there were still tons of opposites, but the statistics are enough to pay attention to. ANYTHING that alters the gender ratio from what it is supposed to be is swaying, even if it didn't work for you previousl.

If you start off 75% likely to conceive one gender and end up only 70% likely, that is STILL swaying for you in a pretty significant way.

Dreamofpink
February 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
I disagree with this - I think it has to do with hours of sunlight, more sunlight for more consecutive months = more DS. So early to mid fall you've just had several months of sunlight = boy peak

This makes a lot of sense and ties in with the current thread on vitamin D. I do think that that plays a big part in it, my boys were conceived in Nov and July. Ds1 in Nov after a really good summer.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Tree
February 22nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
What are good girl months in uk then?

retrolove1
February 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Was going to ask the same question tree!

DS1 was conceived in November and DS2 start of Jan.

Xxx

Dreamofpink
February 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
March, April, May. But it's not a crucial sway tactic though it wouldn't hurt. I guess if you spent a lot of time outdoors in the winter your vit D levels would be kept topped up best they can be and *could* help sway blue. It's just something that can't be taken out of context in a sway and is certainly no magic bullet either way.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2