PDA

View Full Version : Beverages during LE

Dynazyme
September 20th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I quite often read that most of you drink diet soda during LE diet. Is there any advantage against water from the tap (thatīs what I am used to drink; here in Austria it is high quality).

And I love herbal infusions (without sugar/sweetener), but I think they are not very welcome, am I right??? I prefer this one, it conaints: nettle, blackberry leafs, fennel and licorice root. Is that one okay, or rather not?

maidentomother
September 20th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I think some herbal teas are probably fine to drink, for example linden and chamomile, also any type of mint tea.

Personally I drink just bottled water with bubbles (Gerolsteiner sprudelwasser), and one 500ml Gerolsteiner Plus Blutorange (has a tiny bit of sugar and fruit flavour added, I just discovered it and would drink it all day if I could!), that is my treat with dinner. Very occasionally I have coffee with fullfat milk or rarely espresso with just sugar. I can't stand aspartame and there are no sugarfree sodas here sweetened with things I like (splenda, xylitol). But I'm not a big soda fan anyway as I don't like much sweetness.

atomic sagebrush
September 20th, 2014, 06:44 PM
I drank tap water when I was swaying.

The old school sway gurus claimed herbal drinks raised pH. I am not sure that is the case but some herbs do have hormonal effects in them. Nettle and blackberry/raspberry leaves do have hormonal effects tthat if used often enough, may sway blue. I would use herbal infusions no more than a few times a week.

No one should drink anything containing licorice root when TTC or pregnant. I know it's hard to believe but licorice root is one thing 100% proven to be harmful to unborn babies and this may be true in very small amounts.

Dynazyme
September 21st, 2014, 01:42 AM
Okay, thanks for your answers!

essnce629
September 21st, 2014, 12:09 PM
I drank water, diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, espresso, Crystal Lite, peppermint tea, and vodka during my months of swaying. :)

With my boys I ONLY drank water and green/white tea. :)

Dynazyme
September 22nd, 2014, 10:33 AM
I decided to stop taking saw palmetto and drink peppermint tea instead. I think thatīs okay!?
Since I am not getting preagnant I want to stop saw palmetto. Is that an idea!?

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
I decided to stop taking saw palmetto and drink peppermint tea instead. I think thatīs okay!?
Since I am not getting preagnant I want to stop saw palmetto. Is that an idea!?

Yes that's ok, but I think pep tea is just as bad if not worse for odds of conception than SP is.

Dynazyme
September 22nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Yes that's ok, but I think pep tea is just as bad if not worse for odds of conception than SP is.

:suprise: Oh, no! But good to know! Thanks atomic!