PDA

View Full Version : When should baby number 6 come?

mommymachine
September 21st, 2014, 12:25 PM
Hello all. Just need a few opinions:) I know my siggie says that we will be trying in late winter early spring 2016, but lately I have been having crazy crazy baby fever and I can't imagine waiting that long. I am thinking of trying in 6 months (March 2015) but I don't know. If I were to get pregnant that month, then DD2 and DC6 would be 25 months apart. I am hesitant about that age gap. There is 30 months between DS1 and DS2, 30 months between DS2 and DS3, 19 months between DS3 and DD1, and 22 months between DD1 and DD2. I found 30 months really nice. 19 months was so tough because of DS3 personality. So because of that, I was really worried about DD1 when DD2 came along, but a baby sister is apparently the best thing that ever happened to her because it is 10.5 months later and she is still crazy about her. So it is just hard to know and hard to predict. I know I am rambling. And I know that what I am going to say next will sound so pity but I will say it anyway... my husband and I really really want another December baby. December is a really special month for us (DH bday, our anniversary, DS2 bday, and of course Christmas) so we would like to add to all of that fun. So now I feel like I have to choose between 6 months from now and 18 months from now.

Advice?

bluebonnet22
September 21st, 2014, 03:48 PM
I wanted 30 months minimum between my 2 kids and now after a BFN followed by a loss we are looking at a 33 month gap or more. I'd start trying this March knowing it might take a little while to get pregnant (especially since you are swaying pink).

mommymachine
September 21st, 2014, 04:51 PM
That's a good point. If I waited 18 months, it might not happen right away and that is already putting the next baby being born when DD2 is 3. It seems like such a large gap. Plus I have had back to back miscarriages in the past.

maidentomother
September 22nd, 2014, 09:35 AM
I personally think less than 2 years or more than 4 years are ideal gaps, so I'd go for sooner! But I have no kids yet and am no expert, just my thoughts from what I've read and observed. So much depends on your children's personalities and family dynamic.

Rosie85
September 22nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
We started trying before ds3 was one but I lost two in a row so now it will be a larger gap than I wanted. I think trying sooner is a good idea. ..my kids are all 2.5 years a part and it works great.

atomic sagebrush
September 22nd, 2014, 02:25 PM
I think I'd err on the side of waiting longer, simply for the sake of your body. I know you are prob. feeling great (otherwise would not even contemplate it) but I think since you've had several pg in less than 10 years, maybe a little longer turnaround might help you continue to stay feeling strong and healthy. :)

The Anchor
September 22nd, 2014, 02:50 PM
Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and say...if your age is going to be a factor, then I think sooner than later. I had 3 OHWs in my late (LATE) 30s, last one a m/c, and I have been TTC ever since. Turning 40 really is like turning off your ovaries!

mommymachine
December 23rd, 2014, 12:20 PM
So 3 months later and I still am no closer in figuring this out lol. Oh dear. Perhaps I should just start swaying after Christmas just in case;) Then I can always change my mind if I decide to put it off.

atomic sagebrush
December 23rd, 2014, 12:46 PM
:cheer:!!!

maidentomother
December 23rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Yes, join us in TTC this January! :)