PDA

View Full Version : When can I ttc? Had m/c at 13 + 6

Babyxx
September 26th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Hello all,

Had another m/c at almost 14 weeks, and d and c, does anyone know when it is safe to ttc again? This is the farthest along I have been when I miscarried, so I'm not sure if I can try right after the first AF?
I'm a bit worried that my lining won't be thick enough, but I need to ttc asap as I am already 38.
Just not sure if the waiting thing is more of a myth?

Thanks to anyone who might know...

Dana-Alicia
September 26th, 2014, 03:44 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. Did your OB say anything about it? I think they sometimes advice a woman to wait a few months for her to heal emotionally, but as you know you don't deal with this kind of loss in a few months. If you feel healthy you can ttc asap. Are you swaying?

atomic sagebrush
September 27th, 2014, 02:09 PM
oh no!! I"m sorry.

First thing is that they need to check your thyroid if they haven't already. I have seen the majority of early 2nd tri losses to be affiliated with thyroid stuff. YOu may benefit from having it treated even if it's low normal.

As a general rule, if you're that far along and you have had D and C, I think you need to wait. For the most part it is being overly conservative to wait out the first cycle, but you really did just have a third of a pregnancy and a surgical operation on your uterus and I think it wisest to hold off that first cycle or even two. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/29504-guide-swaying-after-miscarriage.html

atomic sagebrush
September 27th, 2014, 02:10 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss. Did your OB say anything about it? I think they sometimes advice a woman to wait a few months for her to heal emotionally, but as you know you don't deal with this kind of loss in a few months. If you feel healthy you can ttc asap. Are you swaying?

:agree: a lot of doctors like to treat women like they are borderline insane and tell them things based not in evidence based medicine but out of some misguided Victorian idea that we are all on the verge of hysteria at any given moment and need to be treated like mental patients.

Babyxx
September 28th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Thank you both so much..

Well my OB is a little flaky to be honest, so I just don't trust her entirely, she said to wait 2 cycles, but I thought maybe I could try after the first AF, but maybe I should in fact wait...

Yes Atomic, I was laughing when I read your last response, it's so true! My dr. Always makes me feel like some sort of a nut bar! I always complain to my husband after I see my OB, it's always one thing or another lol.

I'm definitely not swaying at the moment, I happen to be eating a huge chocolate bar as I type, but I am going to start this week with diet and the dreaded cardio, which is another reason I wanted to ttc asap. I'm thinking maybe we will have just one attempt after my first AF, epically if my AF takes a while to come back..

Thanks again

Babyxx
September 28th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Oh and I also forgot to mention, I did read the guide to swaying after mc, and I was conflicted because it said if you were 14 weeks or more, you should wait 2 cycles and if under you should be ok to wait one, I was 13 + 6, so right on the border...

atomic sagebrush
September 29th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Well, you have to read between the lines there and understand that there's nothing magic that happens between 13+6 and 14 weeks. 13 + 6 IS 14 weeks. I just have to pick SOMETHING to write. :)

Babyxx
October 3rd, 2014, 03:38 PM
Oh I know, that totally makes sense.

Ok last question, does waiting out one cycle mean waiting for the first AF and then having an attempt 2 weeks after that first AF or does it mean having an attempt after the second AF? I was thinking about this and getting confused because with my ds2, I had mc and did not wait for AF before getting pg, therefore it seems like waiting one cycle would mean after the FIRST AF?
Sorry if this is confusing, but it just want to be sure, thanks!

atomic sagebrush
October 3rd, 2014, 06:43 PM
2 weeks after first AF.

Babyxx
October 4th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Thank you so much:)

mt9178
October 8th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Sorry for your loss :(

Like Atomic mentioned, have you had your thyroid checked?

I am convinced that my levels contributed to my loss as well (mine was at almost 14 weeks as well, baby measured 13+ weeks)

The Anchor
October 9th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I'm so sorry, just heart breaking. Def get your thyroid checked, I had a loss at 12 weeks and it was the first test my doc ran. My thyroid is fine, it was a chromosomal issue, but just to be safe! Most docs say wait a few months...pretty sure so they can accurately date the pregnancy if it happens again. It's all about them!