PDA

View Full Version : Girls name help!

HopeandDreamG
September 27th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I need help with a baby girl name. Really undecided and need some suggestions.
My husband and I like Mila (mee-la) but both like names more then that but this is the only name we have in common.
I also like: Harper, Juliet, Sadie. Think I like Harper the best.
He likes Katie- not doing it. Too plain.
Want current.
Help!
Middle name will be Marie. I don't care as much about how well it goes together bc no one ever knows your middle name anyway. The first is more important to us.

snipsnsnails
September 27th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I'm so happy for you Hope! I really like Juliet or Mila. What about Mia? I know that's a popular one now too. I have always liked Julianna too. Good luck, I remember agonizing over names. Pick what feels right for you, its your baby girl:)

Pebbles&BamBam
September 27th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I am hoping for a DS, but if I had another DD I would name here London

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HopeandDreamG
September 27th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I'm so happy for you Hope! I really like Juliet or Mila. What about Mia? I know that's a popular one now too. I have always liked Julianna too. Good luck, I remember agonizing over names. Pick what feels right for you, its your baby girl:)

I like Mia too - think I like Mila better.

HopeandDreamG
September 27th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I love Mila but my husband isn't a fan. I also love juliette! It's hard isn't it. Good luck.

I can't help but think dh is a fan bc of Mila Kunis

Pebbles&BamBam
September 27th, 2014, 09:27 PM
One of my girlfriends named her DD Mia and people are still confused is it Pronounced Meeyah or Myah

HopeandDreamG
September 27th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I also like Peyton. But have a last name that starts with P. Think they'll call her PP

HopeandDreamG
September 27th, 2014, 09:38 PM
One of my girlfriends named her DD Mia and people are still confused is it Pronounced Meeyah or Myah

I'm sure or I could see people pronouncing it as maya.
I think there could be the same issue with Mila , right?

MatildaMai
September 28th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Exactly - don't do it! It will drive you mad! I have 2 close friends with Mila's. They constantly complain that everyone pronounces it wrong. One is Mila (as in Mee-la) and the other calls her daughter Mila (as in mill-a). I have to concentrate really hard so I don't mess it up! Have you thought about Camille or Camilla?

Sadie is so pretty and I like Juliet too (but it will be constantly shortened to Jules which would irritate me). Harper Marie is gorgeous but there are so many Harpers now. However, it is hard to shorten or misspell Harper - which is all good!

My advice is wait and see when she is born. What does she look like? Does she respond to a particular name? I took 3wks to name my daughter. I was in hospital for a lot of it as I had to have spinal surgery after she was born. And it drove everyone crazy that I wouldn't commit to a name. When she was born I actually thought she looked totally like an Edwina (Edie for short). My DH said no way (he hates 'old lady' names)!! We ended up with Alexa Grace. I like strong unusual names (my preferences were Bohemia Grace or Arwen Elizabeth!) DH liked Kate. So it was a long road to agreement!

Good luck!

Kittybear
September 28th, 2014, 03:05 AM
If I ever get a DD she will have a flower name (like daisy, lily, Lilac). I thought all your suggestions were lovely, but I agree, why not wait to see her to name her? Xx

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Never have I been so happy to comment on a name thread!! :cheer:

I personally like Harper, Juliet, and Sadie all better than Mila (my DH also loves Mila LOL and she has the same BDay as my daughter so I never hear the end of it) . I do agree Katie is too plain for a much awaited DD - my husband really wanted Grace but I was like, I did not wait 22 years and 4 boys to have a daughter named Grace! (even though I like both Kate and Grace I just wanted something more than that, IHYKWIM)

I also waited till DD was born to give her a name. WE did not even talk about it till I went into labor LOL.

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Do you have any more options than those???

We already had a Marshall but I really liked Margot and Marjorie and Marlena. I also liked Colleen and Collette but we had a C already and I wanted all 5 to have different initials.

One kind of "out there" name I loved but DH hated is Dallas. I still LOVE that name!!

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Also Jewel - it is kind of like Juliet. My husband liked that but did not sound good with our last name

Agnes
September 28th, 2014, 11:48 AM
These are my names:

Maya
Mila
Nina
Emma
Elisabeth
Elsa
Ella
Lily
Isabella
Bella

My mom wants Elisabeth, my kids want Maya, my DH doesn't want more kids..

emmake
September 28th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I like Eva and Bella

TRL
September 28th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Love Harper Marie!

3 boys and 1 HT princess!

foxymrsg
September 28th, 2014, 04:36 PM
If I ever get my DD she will be Molly Joyce. Joyce for a middle name, as that was my grandmothers name and know it'd mean so much to my mum if i gave her that middle name.
I love the name harper though. Yes it may be more popular now but still a beautiful name

lovemy4
October 2nd, 2014, 09:44 AM
I like all of your (and dh's) choices. Harper was on my list and for a while I regretted not using it but now I'm glad I didn't as it is very, very trendy and popular at the moment. Juliet is classic and lovely. My older dd goes to school with a Mercedes who often goes by Cede (Sadie).

Mrs_Incredible
October 2nd, 2014, 10:06 AM
We are struggling too. My original girl name for the past 12+ years was Aimee but i feel it's a hand me down name after wanting to use it 3 previous times! I love Eva the most, also like Lilly but not sure its the best with our surname. Also like Macy, Melody, Olivia, Anya, Ariana, Ella, Mia ... It's so hard tho!

Kittybear
October 3rd, 2014, 01:19 AM
I really like Melody Mrs I (since it was on Dr Who a while back and i realised before the reveal that Melody Pond had become River Song lol) :) x

Mamato3?
October 3rd, 2014, 01:44 AM
Congratulations on your daughter!!

My favorite name is Sophia (means wisdom).
Second best is Zoe (means life).
The third one is Anna because I think has a nice combination with Marie, you could call her Anna Marie and use both names!

maidentomother
October 3rd, 2014, 08:18 AM
I think Mila is pretty and I would never think of pronouncing it My-la. Juliet is beautiful and Jewel could be a NN. Not a fan of Harper due to popularity.

HopeandDreamG
October 7th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Wow! Thanks everyone. I didn't realize I had all these responses. I haven't checked back to this thread!!! This is sooooooo hard!!

HopeandDreamG
October 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM
My mom wants Elisabeth, my kids want Maya, my DH doesn't want more kids..
You are too funny.

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Wow! Thanks everyone. I didn't realize I had all these responses. I haven't checked back to this thread!!! This is sooooooo hard!!

It was one of the hardest decisions I ever made!!! For realz.

Mrs_Incredible
October 16th, 2014, 06:18 PM
3-4 weeks to go and me and dh still can't agree!! Only waited 11 years to name a daughter but it's proving to be harder than i ever imagined!! X

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Last night I dreamed I had a daughter with a very hot actor (don't ask, don't tell :p) and I had to keep it a secret but was freaking out in a panic about what I was going to name her.

Blue-Blue-Pink?
October 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I would choose a dutch name if I get a girl, but if I would have to choose an english/american name I love Jill or Julie.
It is sweet and girly but also good grown up names.

I love Harper and Mila too. I would go with the name I loved despite the possibility that some people might pronounde it incorrectly.

Good luck!

HopeandDreamG
October 21st, 2014, 03:57 AM
Anyone else??

Atomic - that's hysterical about your dream!
This really is hard bc no name is a as special as my DD!

sweetdream
October 21st, 2014, 04:21 AM
I like soooo much
Harper, hailey, jenna, hannah, avery, sadie, julia, juliette, layla

kitkat18
October 22nd, 2014, 03:37 AM
Sweet dream you will have fun whittling it down! X
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

sweetdream
October 22nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
We already have the names set luckly.

XXforhubby
March 21st, 2015, 06:19 PM
You can have my name, Loyal. I have only met one woman with my name, she is my age. I have always liked it! I'm the only one in my county that I live in and the only female with that name in my state!! I like it with Marie.

Loyal Marie

Rosie85
March 21st, 2015, 06:38 PM
What a great name! I really like it. Sounds classic.