PDA

View Full Version : Preparation 8 months before ttc?

T.f.no2
September 28th, 2014, 02:59 AM
I may be bringing our ttc date forward to next may, so wondering what sort of things I could be doing now in preparation. Things off the too of my head are- skip breakfast, use sweetner, avoid meat. Anything else worth adding in?

T.f.no2
September 28th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Oh and lose weight on a quick weight loss diet?

bluebonnet22
September 28th, 2014, 06:52 AM
I know you've posted about it in other threads, but how much weight do you have to lose? I know you'd like to do the juice diet, but in your shoes I would honestly try the LE (even this far out). Many of us lose a lot of weight on LE and find it to be a great way to lose weight. Also, many don't use artificial sweeteners and have great sways so don't feel the need to use them if you dont' want to. I don't think they sway as much as IG thinks they do.

Are you planning on adding exercise to your sway? If you are out of shape you could start doing 15 minutes/day of cardio now and work up to 60 minutse of cardio daily by 3 months out. I started working out 4 months before my first attempt and only did 30 minutes of cardio daily for that first month because I had to work up to 60 minutes of activitity.

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Well, I think you may be jumping the gun a little bit here. I honestly CAN'T give personal advice in general threads. It is gonna be different for everyone and there is just a ton of variables that comes into play. (things like height, weight, age, if you're exercising, etc)

I would not bother skipping breakfast yet. There may be benefit to going vegetarian sooner, but 8 months out I am just not sure it's necessary.

I really don't even think the artificial sweetener does anything. I ahve just seen too many people getting boys drinking/eating terrifying amounts of the stuff. So unless you like using them, I would not bother till closer to sway.

If you have more than 40 lbs to lose you may want to lose the bulk of it on a type of diet that is better for weight loss. While some of us lose weight easily on LE, others find better results for weight loss when they eat more protein and less carbs.

atomic sagebrush
September 28th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I am not the hugest fan of the juice diets esp. not this far out, I think you'll fudge up your metabolism and make it harder for yoruself in the long term.

T.f.no2
September 28th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks everyone, all very helpful. I think I'm not going to do any juice diet, think I'm going to go with weight watchers after all but stick with the points side of it not the filling and healthy where you eat as much till your full from a big list. I'd be on 26pp per day which equate roughly to 1040 cals a day (I know really low!) but in addition yiu also have 49pp (1960 cals) to have over the week as extra plus and fruit an veg is free points so by the time the cals for those ate factord in prob looking at 1500 cals a day to start off with which I think is what is recommended on le. I can reduce a bit if I feel I need to an can go vegi.

I'm about 11st 12-13 not weighed in a while, lost some of my baby weight for holiday but alot of its back on now since June, im only 5ft 2.5! So my ore preg weight was 9st 3. so that's just under 3st loss (about 40lb) if I can loose a little more that would put me at lowest ever adult weight. But will see how I go. I will be adding in exercise and plan to get a treadmill, I've done lots of exercise before and been member to gyms on an off so know I can do it, never done as intense as an hr a day though! I wudnt be skipping breakfast just yet then! Thanks again :-)