PDA

View Full Version : TTC after IUD

QueenB
July 17th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I had an IUD inserted after DD was born, thinking she would be our last DC. However, we have since decided (after some serious persuading and begging done on my part) that we want to ttc one more time. I was thinking of having the IUD (Mirena) removed in late winter/early spring of 2012 and then start ttc sometime around next summer. For anyone with experience, how long did it take you to become pg after having an IUD removed?

Thanks!

zanacal
July 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Hi

I'm not pregnant yet because we haven't started trying but I did have my Mirena removed in May and had a normal cycle straight away in June - ovulated a bit later than I have historically but I also started Vitex that month, period arrived on time and I ovulated fine the following month. All seems in working order!

mybluepilot
July 17th, 2011, 06:18 PM
3 months

mybluepilot
July 17th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Sorry posted before I was done, It took us actually 2 months we dtd every two days, the first month was one time dtd on ovulation day, we were trying for a boy that us why then just gave up and started dtd every two days after that month and then got a BFP on the third month
My cycle was regular while I had ut in and no change after I took it out good luck to you :)

QueenB
July 17th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Thanks, ladies! I'm a little concerned because my cycles are definitely not normal right now. I thought they would have "normalized" by this point (8 months after insertion), but they haven't. It took me a full year to gain fertility back after having the shot; but, I'm hoping it won't take nearly as long with the IUD (after removal).

zanacal
July 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I didn't get any cycles on the Mirena until I'd had it in for a year when I suddenly started getting random bleeding which eventually settled into a monthly pattern and I think I started ovulating again - but like I say it was a year after I had it inserted.

SweetLily
August 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
it took me two months--using bc! LOL...it fell out may 31 and I got a bfp in my july cycle. I was on the pill and O anyway, but didn't realize since dh woke me with DTD and then I realized later I was O that day! EEK! anyway, i got a bfp no poblem...but lost that baby even tho it still hasn't passed yet. i am sure it wont take you long! FX!