PDA

View Full Version : Gut instinct gender guesses!

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Who do you think you are carrying??

ELP :DD: had :DS:
begonia :DD: had :DD:
Out of the Blue :DS:
DoulaMama :DD: had :DD:
nicnee 1976 :heart::DD: :happy::DS: who will win, head or heart!!:)
sunset :DS: confirmed :DD:!!!

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 04:13 AM
I'm guessing pink for me! there was alot of work to do on DH so I'm thinking I was in the blue zone but he had alot of ladies on board lol.

rainbowflower
July 18th, 2011, 04:27 AM
sorry, not due, but I felt strongly that my DS was a pink bump, kept accidentally referring to the baby as "she".. it was a surprise when he arrived and was a boy!

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 06:39 AM
This is what I'm secretly hoping lol!! That if I completely convince myself its a pinky that actually out will pop a bluey:bigsmile:

rainbowflower
July 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM
lol good luck! when are you finding out?

wishing on a star
July 18th, 2011, 07:09 AM
I was convinced this one was a pinky but its another blue one for me! x

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 08:02 AM
lol good luck! when are you finding out?I wait til they're born:) I like the turmoil!!!! Not really lol, but DH doesn't let me find out,so I'm happy to go along with him:)

ELP
July 18th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I was convinced this one was a pinky but its another blue one for me! x

We're gonna have to bump into each other in the town and accidently swap pushchairs!!!:bigsmile: Can you imagine the DH's when we say 'See I knew we was actually having a :HH:!!

wishing on a star
July 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
We're gonna have to bump into each other in the town and accidently swap pushchairs!!!:bigsmile: Can you imagine the DH's when we say 'See I knew we was actually having a :HH:!!
lol thank you hunny for making me smile, i wander how long i could get away with that for before he realised haha! Cant believe your not gonna find out, how exciting ! My nerves wouldnt last that long though xx

begonia
July 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM
This is what I'm secretly hoping lol!! That if I completely convince myself its a pinky that actually out will pop a bluey:bigsmile:

Yes I think out of self-preservation I am wholly convinced I have DD3 in my belly. And I'm Ok with that so it's a good strategy for me! I'm trying to put thoughts of a DS totally aside at this point.

With DD1 I was SURE it was a girl and was right, DD2 I was 100% she was a boy bc the pregnancy was 100% different. I was shocked at the us. This one I just haven't really let myself picture a boy since getting the BFP ... though before getting pg I focused very, very hard on picturing our son, imagining holding him, etc. because I do think positive thinking and believing things can and will happen is important. Now that I'm pg and "thinking" won't change it I just want to be OK with a girl so I focus on that, picturing us holding her and loving her.

Out of the Blue
July 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Boy for me...I've got a few boy names this time around. Nothing I love but they'll work. W/DS#2, I had nothing!

LolaInLove
July 26th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Yes I think out of self-preservation I am wholly convinced I have DD3 in my belly. And I'm Ok with that so it's a good strategy for me! I'm trying to put thoughts of a DS totally aside at this point.

With DD1 I was SURE it was a girl and was right, DD2 I was 100% she was a boy bc the pregnancy was 100% different. I was shocked at the us. This one I just haven't really let myself picture a boy since getting the BFP ... though before getting pg I focused very, very hard on picturing our son, imagining holding him, etc. because I do think positive thinking and believing things can and will happen is important. Now that I'm pg and "thinking" won't change it I just want to be OK with a girl so I focus on that, picturing us holding her and loving her.

This is EXACTLY me....past 2 babies and how I will be in the future when pg. But I hope all of us get what we want or are super happy with our healthy little babies either way!

DoulaMama
August 12th, 2011, 12:57 AM
I'm gonna kick myself for saying this...but I really think this is my girl. I'm probably totally wrong...like I was with DS3...but hey....I fell in love with him instantly at birth and I really thought that I'd be so disappointed if he was a boy. I was wrong:HH:
So anyway....here's my guess

Girl
Born April 21st 3:11am (:rofl:)
Weight: 7lbs14oz
Easy and fast homebirth.

:D That's my guess and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

nicnee1976
August 12th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I was sure DS1 was a girl, so much in fact that I did not believe DH when he said he saw boys bits on a 36 week scan and asked them to double check when he was born!! I was sure DS2 was a boy from the start. I thought DS3 was a girl initially since I had a very different 1st trimester, but when I saw him on the 12 week scan I really had an instinct he was a boy. Then he flashed his bits at me on a 22 week scan, so I was left with little doubt.

This time my initial instinct was girl, then I felt boy, then girl after the 12 week scan, then boy, now girl again.

So: My heart thinks girl, but my head says boy, so not to suffer GD again!!

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 02:56 PM
So: My heart thinks girl, but my head says boy, so not to suffer GD again!!

This is how I would put myself currently! But the opposite since I have girls and swayed boy ... so in my head I think girl but there's this little bit in my heart that keeps thinking boy. I said something to DH last week about "when he arrives" and it just felt right. Initially I was trying to think nothing but girl but found that was making me kind of upset, instead of "getting me used to the idea" like I hoped it would. So I threw that out and since we're not finding out I've got 7 more months of hope, and I like that :happy:

DM I can't help it but I really think this is your girl too! It just seems so serendipitous, with the early O, and the "bad" timing due to your plans ... something about this pg was surely meant to be :fingers: Boy or girl this baby is something special and I can't wait to see a picture in April :HH:

begonia
August 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Oh and Nicnee, I hope this is your little girl! Are you waiting til birth?

XXdreaming
August 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
not pregnant yet, but I swore ds3 was a girl, I even told the u/s tech she was wrong lol, and still held on to that I was a having a girl, even when I had a good boy shot u/s pic lol and even checked when he was born, now ds4 I knew was a boy but really really wanted a girl but being disappointed so many times I dont think with #5 that I will let myself think anything but boy and just pretend I will be having a boy, they become more real to me at birth, I love them instantly so with #5 i will not be finding out the gender until birth, it will be my last and I think I will handle it better if I wait,

nicnee1976
August 14th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Oh and Nicnee, I hope this is your little girl! Are you waiting til birth?

Yes we are waiting until birth. I was tempted to find out from both my amnio and my 20 week scan, but I didn't want to risk GD for the rest of my final pregnancy, like I did with DS3. I want to enjoy it. That said we saw no evidence of boys bits at all on the last scan we had, but my nub shot is ambiguous.

I can only hope and pray this is my girl. If not I will have to wait for fantastic daughters-in-law and beautiful granddaughters!!

Two things that do make me feel this is a girl though are that we were done having kids after DS3, but then one day I got this 'thunderbolt' of inspiration that I should have a 4th to get my girl.
Also, last time I was pregnant it was a complete surprise and everything around the pregnancy felt so negative, I felt ashamed, I was emotional, things kept going wrong in our life. This time I feel in a very positive place, like we have had a lot of good luck lately. I have been so calm and almost serene this time. I just feel as though things are finally going right and I hope that applys to this baby too!!

begonia
August 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Nicnee I can identify with you on the last pg you had ..... our DD1 was a complete shock and I was just a mess about it for the whole pregnancy. It was just such "wrong" timing on so many levels. Yet now, I'm so glad it happened because she's just so wonderful!

So glad to hear that this pregnancy experience is such a good one for you; FX it continues to be that way the whole way through and you get to hold a sweet baby girl at the end!

Sunset
August 15th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I really thought i was having a boy but found out on saturday that i'm having a girl.

Glittergirl
August 20th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I'm so scared to let myself imagine it, but my gut says girl this time. With DS1 I knew boy the minute I got a +preg test! With DS2and3 I didn't really care, in fact I wanted lots of boys. This time I totally want a girl--I got the 3 boys I really wanted. this pregnancy is SO diff. My last 3 were exactly the same. I'm scared I'm just making myself think it's a girl so I'm really trying to prepare myself this is another boy so I can be happy with the decision. Every person I have told tells me this is my girl--which is worse cause now I don't want to disappoint them! Most OWT point to girl this time including the chinese calendar that was right for all 3 boys and that babyman online that was right in the past. I'm totally waiting this time to find out--this is our last!

DoulaMama
April 17th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm gonna kick myself for saying this...but I really think this is my girl. I'm probably totally wrong...like I was with DS3...but hey....I fell in love with him instantly at birth and I really thought that I'd be so disappointed if he was a boy. I was wrong:HH:
So anyway....here's my guess

Girl
Born April 21st 3:11am (:rofl:)
Weight: 7lbs14oz
Easy and fast homebirth.

:D That's my guess and I'm sticking to it! LOL!

I hate myself for posting this....LOL I was right about the girl part....but the 21st? What an idiot I am....:rofl:

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 08:38 AM
What a blast from the past this thread is - thanks for bumping it! :)

Flava
April 18th, 2012, 09:23 AM
DM - 3 more days then lol

auroara78
April 18th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Omg this thread is awesome!! I love when someone digs up an awesome old thread....DM that is totally DOABLE! If you do have her on the 21st, it would be amazing how accurate you were! Go DM!

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2012, 11:59 AM
LOL! It would be very freaky if I had her tomorrow...I'm going all out today...walking, dtd, cleaning...we'll see if this comes true!! :)

Glittergirl
April 30th, 2012, 02:36 AM
What a blast from the past this thread is - thanks for bumping it! :)
I agree! I forgot that I guessed girl!

dannikins
May 4th, 2012, 10:49 PM
i have no clue what im having, wont be long and we will find out!

amandao7491
October 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Hi! Due April 10,2013, from day one I was convince its a girl, according to husband, gender maker test, Chinese birth chart, mid wife quiz prediction, and a very detail dream of me changing my baby girl diaper that look a lot like my niece which favors me. I shall see next Friday or by the end of the week if scan does not find anything.

amandao7491
October 18th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Hi! Due April 10,2013, from day one I was convince its a girl, according to husband, gender maker test, Chinese birth chart, mid wife quiz prediction, and a very detail dream of me changing my baby girl diaper that look a lot like my niece which favors me. I shall see next Friday or by the end of the week if scan does not find anything.
Great news everyone, after two boys I finally get a little princess that I feel so bless to have in my womb. I was so excited I cry doing the scan tears of joy.

Mae
November 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Yay!! How exciting Amanda!!! Congratulations!
My gut is that we're having a boy, but that is very well likely because that's what I'm hoping for!! I'm only 11.5 so I have a little ways to go. Going for my NT scan today and will be searching for a nub!! :)

Mrssmudger
November 7th, 2012, 05:35 AM
We swayed for a girl.. if im totally honest with myself my gut instinct is that its a girl.. but I'm too scared to get my hopes up. Wish we had a better nub shot.. find out in 2 weeks tho!! Can you all send me lots of pink dust please!! xx

mummypink
November 14th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Hi Ladies,

There is a due in March, April, May 2013 group if you want to come over and join us. :) x