PDA

View Full Version : Follicle Growth Question

BabyCakes
October 6th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Hi Friends,

I recently had 2 m/c back to back- one at 10weeks and the next a chemical at 4 + weeks.

I am obviously dying to ttc asap.

I went to the gyni last Monday and my biggest follicle measured 8mm and then today 1 week later, it is 14mm. I thought they were supposed to grow 1-2mm a day? Why is this?

When do you think I may ovulate?

Thank you so much!!
BIG hug
xoxoxo

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Well, that's not far off from 1mm per day. That's average and everyone is different. Typically, a follicle with a natural cycle reaches 18-24 mm.

Did you do any testing with the 10 week loss?

The Anchor
October 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Sorry for your losses babycakes. 1-2mm per day is just an average, and you are well within the norm.

BabyCakes
October 6th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks! I hope I O soon, I am so desperate to conceive :(

18-24 seems like such a big range....

No testing at 10 weeks. It was my first m/c and the Dr's said is so common and natural (etc.). They do not do testing here unless it is repetitive.

My cycle is always so long. My OPK's dont show anything when I ovulate and because I am still bleeding (2 weeks later), its hard to see what's cm and whats the lining (because that looks very much like the consistency of ewcm).

Hubby is abstaining and we (as in he:oops:) are at 16 days (no release).

We are 36 and 35 (me) and so I am worried about the O making it to long for abstaining.

Thoughts or advice anyone?

Thank you as always.

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM
If you are still bleeding, your estrogen level isn't that high. When it goes up, bleeding should stop.

BabyCakes
October 6th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Is there anyway that I can get it up and will it affect my chances of a BFP this month?

Thank you BIG time!

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
The follicle produces it!

BabyCakes
October 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Okay! Less bleeding today, only brown and no bright red- hope follicle has made it to 15mm but where is the blood coming from? Its so confusing...

Could I O with spotting? and still have a chance?

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
That abstain needs to stop NOW. Never do a longer than 14 day abstain and I never recommend abstain for men over 35 anyway.

I would have you wait till bleeding stops, then DTD every 4 days unprotected and hope to catch the first egg.

atomic sagebrush
October 7th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Okay! Less bleeding today, only brown and no bright red- hope follicle has made it to 15mm but where is the blood coming from? Its so confusing...

Could I O with spotting? and still have a chance?

It's possible to O with spotting (if it was coming from the cervix or just old blood or somethting).

BabyCakes
October 7th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks so much Atomic! Got it!

I swayed in 2011 and we abstained (and got a DD) so I secretly feel I may have a boy if I use 4 day sperm :think:

Is sperm viable in 24hrs?

3BoysBlessed
October 7th, 2014, 10:06 PM
I had two losses within four months of each other and I did have a pink tinge to my discharge for the next few months every time I ovulated as well. I'm not sure exactly why, but my Obgyn said that is very common after a loss. Sperm can last on average, about 3 days but in some instances, longer...which is a stretch. I think the best chance is 3 or less days before ovulation to conceive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2014, 11:44 AM
SWaying never comes down to one thing like that and we've been getting great results with every 4 day method (got me my DD.)

sperm becomes viable after about 4 hours in your repro tract and can stay viable for possibly as long as 5-7 days. Usually less than that, best results will bw with sperm 4 days old r less.