PDA

View Full Version : Cancun irega

Al7991
October 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Hello every one, I am the mom of four wonderful boys and I still have a deep longing for a daughter so the only option left for me is to do high tech because I don't think I could emotionally go through having another boy. Well my question is about the clinic in cancun. Does anyone know anything about the irega clinic in cancun. Any successes/ failures anything I should know. I'm not planning on cycling until May of 2017 so I still have forever to go but have been researching and planning the route I want to take.

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Hi there. Why cancun? Why travel outside the US?

Al7991
October 6th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Well I wasn't planning that originally . I was thinking of going to HRC or dr braverman but then I had someone tell me to look into cancun. So far what has me interested in them is they have lower cost ivf/ pgd and if it doesn't work then they have a warrenty fet cycle( considering the fresh cycle doesn't work and you have frozen embryos left) you would have to pay for meds and travel ect. This is all new to me but I know that pgd/ ivf is the route i need to take if I want a girl. Do you have any advice? I see you've done ivf pgd.

lisvna
October 6th, 2014, 05:00 PM
What are the costs and what are the succes rates? I think the succes rates are very important too.....

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 05:08 PM
IVF is around $5800 I think but what does PGD add? Do they do a lot of PGD? I know they do tourist IVF because they are cheap but would you go to mexico to have plastic surgery?

Al7991
October 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
The pgd add 2,800. The success rate they posted is IVF Success Rates | IREGA IVF Clinic Cancun (http://www.iregacancun.com/ivf-success-rates)

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 05:17 PM
There is no live birth rate listed. It's under 46% because "implantation" will include chemicals.

It's cheap. I'll give you that but the success rate is half of HRC and I would not go to a third world country for anything medical so it would never be an option for me personally but I get that it's affordable.

How much PGD do they do? What day do they biopsy? Do they use FISH? How many embryos transferred does it take to get to a 46% success rate?

Al7991
October 6th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I'm not sure like I said before everything is new to me . I'm still learning this whole process. I was seeing if there was anyone who had been through them so I could know to avoid them or not. What is the difference between a pregnancy rate and implementation rate?

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 05:41 PM
You can check US clinics success rates here- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies (http://www.sart.org)

You'll see they show a pregnancy rate and a live birth rate. I don't know what implantation rate is. You can also see how many embryos are transferred to achieve that rate. I know most transfers in Cancun are day 3 and they likely transfer several embryos because most people going there are infertile and just want a baby!

Do your research. Know what you're getting yourself into and success rates, testing type, the lab, it all matters. I'll see what I can find out about them.

Mexico is not a popular destination on here. We have had one gal go to Guadalajara and she was successful.

I encourage you to become a Dream Member so you can view the HT private forum. There's lots of good info in there!

Al7991
October 6th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Yea I making sure I'm going my research. I'm not planning on doing the ivf/ pgd until 2017. I just want to make sure I know all my options. Do you know if there are any clinics in Virginia beach that will do pgd for family balancing?

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM
GIVF is there. Richmond Center for IVF, New Hope, and Fertility Institute of Virginia offer GS. They are all in Virginia. They average around $19,000 per cycle plus meds.

Al7991
October 6th, 2014, 07:34 PM
I will look into them. I have looked at givf and seen they had bad rates.