PDA

View Full Version : Summer Camp

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
July 18th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Do many of you have your children in camp and are SAHMs?

I used to put my dd in gymnastics camp 2x a week for 4 hours a day. Now trying to save for PGD a set amount of money a month, we cannot do it.

I am home with all 3. It is hard.

But I had my 2 older ones in vacation bible school and lots of the churches run this at a very minimum cost.

Camps can run you a lot and some mothers even have them in full time which is even more.

My kids are going up to PA to see family and they can stay 3 nights at a time so managing.

Like I say to my husband peole do not know we are saving for pgd. If we were not doing pgd, we would be able to swing the 2 older ones in gymnastics camp even just a few times for the summer. Where we took them you can pick as little or as many times as you want to send them which is nice.

purplepoet20
July 18th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Do you have an exercise park? One that has low to the ground balance beams and other exercise things. We have one that is mostly for teens-adult but... with a group of kids and some talented adults we have a play group that meets 3 days a week. Mostly homeschooled kids but they make up routines and copy each other. My DS1 is only 3 and all he knows is he is exercising with friends.

We also have an indoor public pool with play equipment... $5 per adult and kids under school age are free. 1-2 days a week is enough for us.

nuthinbutpink
July 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I am at home. We did swim team the month of June and my eldest did a basketball camp and they do tennis once a week. They are going to one more camp that is a M-F camp at a church from 9-4 for an extremely reasonable price.

One thing that mine LOVE to do is to go to the dollar store and pick something out. Super cheap but kills the early afternoon or morning!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
July 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM
We have a community pool where I live but my oldest stopped her private swim lessons and has to go back to it soon. I may try one more vacation bible school. We are just booking an inexpensive vacation to PA. We will stay at a howard johnsons and do trips there.

Going to Grandmas in PA helps them out a lot. She has a big blow up pool and it gives them something different to do.

We also have been getting them lots of crafts at Micheals.

Oh we managed to put my middle dd in a gymnastics class in the YMCA. So guess we are still keeping them busy but just no camp.