PDA

View Full Version : If you are a UK based Mum of boys only...

FionaGroen
October 10th, 2014, 07:10 AM
I've posted on here before about my research, but for those of you who don't know:
I am currently conducting research into Gender Disappointment for a Counselling Psychology doctorate at the University of Roehampton, Surrey, UK. I am looking to understand the experience of women who have lived with GD and are able to talk about their struggles, in order to increase the knowledge of mental health professionals about this issue.

I have interviewed 6 women off this forum so far, and have two lined up still to interview, but would love to hear from anyone else who feels they would like to talk.

The interview is about an hour and I will travel to you wherever you are.

For ethical reasons, I cannot interview pregnant women, so the interview would need to be post-birth if you are currently pregnant. If you are prepared to participate and fit the criteria, I would be so grateful to hear from you.
You can email me on groenewf@roehampton.ac.uk. If you have any concerns about the research you can email my supervisor, Dr Rosemary Rizq, on rosemary.rizq@roehampton.ac.uk.

Kind regards
Fiona

FionaGroen
November 3rd, 2014, 05:44 AM
Just bumping this up - if you are a UK based Mum of boys only, please let me know if you'd be prepared to talk to me about your experiences. You can mail me on groenewf@roehampton.ac.uk
Thanks so much,
Fiona

aussiettc
November 18th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Hi Fiona. I'm a mother to two gorgeous boys. I'm an Aussie but have lived in UK for 7 years, both boys born there. I'm currently in Australia (maternity leave) but back to live in UK from mid January. I'll be in Yorkshire. I'd be happy to participate. Just private message me if you'd like to set something up.

Just bumping this up - if you are a UK based Mum of boys only, please let me know if you'd be prepared to talk to me about your experiences. You can mail me on groenewf@roehampton.ac.uk
Thanks so much,
Fiona