PDA

View Full Version : Babystart Fertilfocus ovulation test

Mamato3?
October 10th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Hi everybody!

I'm starting to make my list with everything I'll need to TTC my dream boy in January and I came up this microscope which works with saliva and is reusable.
I want to ask if anyone has tried it and if it actually works.

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I have heard mixed results with it and you simply do not need it.

True Blue
October 11th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Have it and hate it (strong opinion sorry)

yogi&booboo
October 11th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I agree with True Blue. Its not worth the time and money. You are better off spending your money on cheapy opks online.

Mamato3?
October 11th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Thank you girls!

If clearblue was available in my country I would buy that, but I have to buy most online and since I don't know how long it will take for a BFP I don't want to have to order all the time online or stock up and then get a BFP and throw away money.
I guess I'll order the cheapies, because clearblue is very expensive and you have to buy new stripes if not successful quickly.

True Blue
October 11th, 2014, 12:58 PM
The cheapies are just as good if not better because approaching O you can test more than once a day and not worry about wasting them :)
they are so easy to read too once you are used to them.

atomic sagebrush
October 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Ithink the cheapies work better anyway.

MyByC
October 14th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I have all the O possible tests!
The salive microscope was the worst(used it twice) and was extremly expansive(I think I have payed 55$ or something).
Overview are the best.
I used ClearBlue and Overview.
I am currently doing the ultrasound so it's better then anything.

yogi&booboo
October 16th, 2014, 03:37 PM
MyByC sorry for my lack of knowledge but how does the ultrasound work and where do you get it?

Mamato3?
October 16th, 2014, 03:58 PM
As far as I know you can have an ultrasound every 2 days, starting a few days after last day of AF the OB gets to see your ovaries and the ovum(s) and tell you when you will ovulate based on the dimesions of the ovum(s).
I don't know how it works where MyByc lives, but here it takes about 2-3 ultrasounds every month and each costs around 30-40 euros.
Usually they are transvaginal and OBs with private offices do it. I don't know if it is covered by public healthcare.

yogi&booboo
October 16th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Thank-you Mamato3!
I had never heard of this before. I doubt I can find that here at low cost in California.

MyByC
October 17th, 2014, 02:22 AM
I live in Romania and yes, I do it on a private clinic (where I have assurance) and I only pay 10% from it's cost everytime I go. And I can go as many times as I want. Transvaginal or not.
I usually go after day 12(my O usually is between day 15-17).
Next month is my attempt so I talked with my doctor to go daily so I dont miss it.
I think it is the safest way not to miss O.

Mamato3?
October 17th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Yes it is as accurate as it can get.
I hope best of luck next month for your attempt!!

MyByC
October 17th, 2014, 02:58 AM
Thank you!!! 🎀

MyByC
October 17th, 2014, 02:59 AM
Good luck to everyone! ❤️