PDA

View Full Version : Had my gender scan today.............

TexasMommy
July 18th, 2011, 04:46 PM
And it looks like its Baby Girl #3 for us! Hubby & I are really pretty bummed, we were SO hoping for a boy this time as we decided this would be our last baby. But, she looks healthy & ultimately that is all we can ask for.

zanacal
July 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Aww, bless you, I was so excited to hear your news now I feel bummed for you too. {hugs} and congratulations on your healthy baby girl x

begonia
July 18th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Oh TexasMommy I'm sorry you didn't get the DS you were hoping for. I am happy for you that you have a healthy bean, and I am sure you are too, but I totally get the feeling bummed... I think it is completely understandable. Hugs to you and your DH!

purplepoet20
July 18th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I am sorry :(

Zivic-Bubac
July 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I was waiting for the news, congratulations on your healthy baby girl! I completely understand you and DH being bummed...

I forgot did you sway for this baby? Did you post your sway?

LolaInLove
July 18th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hey Texas, I posted in your other thread, but I am sorry you didn't hear blue. I totally know how you feel, I only have one more to go also. Well, lots of the moms with #3 or more just concentrate on how blessed they are to have a healthy baby and of course, go shopping!!! I do hope you guys are doing ok and come to peace with it all. Congrats on your baby girl, though!!!

Yuzu
July 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'm so sorry for your disappointment, but so thrilled you are having a healthy baby girl!

nuthinbutpink
July 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I have 3 girls too. I am nearly 4 years into having 3 and I can tell you that it is a fun dynamic. They are all different and they all like having eachother around.

I hope you get some fun new stuff for this little one.

TexasMommy
July 18th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Thank you ladies! It really helps hearing from those that understand...because so many dont. People that got a girl & a boy, dont understand the want for the opposite gender. When I was pregnant with DD #2, I wanted her to be a boy..but now I couldnt imagine my life without her, so I know I will feel the same way when DD #3 is born. DH & I are doing okay...both bummed, but not because the baby is a girl, because neither of us will experience the side of having a son. We are both excited about the baby & are so glad she looks healthy, its just that nagging thought in the back of your mind..."i'll never have a little boy" but I think as time goes on & this pregnancy continues Ill do better & better. Maybe one day many years down the road, my daughters will bless me with some grandsons. My thoughts go out to each of you TTC or thinking about TTC your DG.

Zivic, we just tracked ovulation, & was sure we had acheived in doing so, also read that boy sperm favors orgasm, so we made sure to reach that too...but apparently God wants us to be mommy & daddy to 3 little girls & not 2 girls 1 boy. Good luck in TTC your little man! I hope you get him!

jane
July 19th, 2011, 02:03 AM
im sorry you feel that way,:hugs:i had the same feeling with 1,2 and 3. glad the baby's healthy though,congrats!

ELP
July 19th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Sorry you didn't hear boy Texas:hugs: And your completley right that a little way down the line you will be absolutely over the moon with the amazing little person who joined your family xxxxx

begonia
July 19th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Texas you sound like you're doing well with the news, thanks for checking back in! I hope you do get massive amounts of grandsons to dote on :happy:

aabroo
July 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry you didnt hear blue,but congratulations on your little girl.

zanacal
July 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Texas, my parents had 2 girls and wanted to try for a boy but my mum got poorly and they couldn't have any more children - they now have 4 grandsons :D

swish
July 19th, 2011, 01:31 PM
My mum had 3 girls and so far 6 grandsons!!!!

iluvmyman
July 19th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry TexasMommy! I'm so glad she's healthy....you might decide for baby #4 a bit more down the road maybe. I said I'd stop at 3 too. :) GL to you and congrats on your baby girl!

skrimpy
July 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry you didn't hear blue Texas... I'm so glad your LO is healthy. It's so hard but you know you will love her. Pick out something special out just for her.

KnockYourBallsOff
July 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
So sorry you didn't hear blue. I've been there, but with the opposite gender. When she arrives, life will be exactly what it was supposed to be. Praying for that that tinge of heartache to subside :)

Freya
July 24th, 2011, 03:45 AM
I'm sorry TexasMommy, you have my sympathies. I too got a girl swaying for boy, and I thought it very unfair when I tried so hard, and other people I know seem to produce boys like nothing. Still, it's always a relief to have a healthy baby in there too, and I agree sometimes life seems to have other plans than you do. Maybe our little girls have something really important to do in life :) .

Locksley27
August 8th, 2011, 01:37 PM
COngratulations on the healthy girl, but sorry you didnt get to hear boy

LolaInLove
August 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Maybe our little girls have something really important to do in life :) .

They do. To be your amazing little daughters, and surely a lot more also! :awe:

fresas
August 17th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I'm sorry about the sadness, but it is great she is healthy. There is nothing wrong with wanting some balance in the family. I hope that you and your husband will work together to work through all of these feelings. My husband was devastated when our 2nd boy was announced as a boy. He was really hoping for a girl so I can understand where you are coming from. Hugs. :)

ThreeLittleCritters
August 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm so sorry that you didn't hear boy but massive congrats on girl #3! When I was in college I babysat for a family of 3 girls during the summers and they were so much fun! Their personalities were so different and when your brought all 3 of them together it was a blast. I definitely understand the disappointment that you're feeling. I have 3 boys and I was really hoping for a girl with ds2 and ds3. But God gives us what we're meant to have and I absolutely believe that I need these 3 kiddos in my life. Each one of them is meant to be here. I'm sure that it will be the same for you! Congrats!!!!

Foxy
August 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry you didn't hear boy. Congratulations on another sweet baby girl!