PDA

View Full Version : Suspected Ovulation Spotting

XXforhubby
October 12th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Today is CD10 for me, and I noticed light pink/brownish tinged cm that is watery accompanied by very mild cramping. I know that this is not implantation, since I got a BFN the day before AF this cycle. I got a neg. opk this morning as well. We have been BDing every four days, and the next attempt will be two days from now.

My question is, if this is ovulation spotting, should we wait until two days from now for our next attempt, or at pos. opk? I was leaning towards going with whichever comes first. I am not on any supplements or using any lubes or jellies.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
October 12th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Update: cm is now real stretchy and still pinkish/brownish in color.

Should I have an attempt tonight? Or tomorrow night? Tomorrow night will make BD at three days instead of four.

Aah! I don't know what to do! This is throwing me for a curve- this has never happened to me before!

Thanks!

XXforhubby
October 13th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Bump

atomic sagebrush
October 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Well, the thing is that you can have spotting that is coming from the cervix around ovulation as well and to me it sounds like that is what is happening. At ovulation your cervix gets very soft and easily injured and I suspect there was just a little owie that bled a bit and got mixed in with CM and made it more noticeable.

It depends on what you want to do - be in with best possible sway (which is sticking to the every 4 day method and NOT adding in attempt at pos OPK) OR you can certainly bump it up a bit if you get a pos OPK sooner than every 4 days - but that may be more blue friendly.

XXforhubby
October 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM
The spotting has continued and as of last night, I needed a light pad. The spotting has not been enough to fill it, but one is still needed. I also had a yeast infection that I treated with Diflucan on Monday the 13th.

My question is, could having a yeast infection cause spotting? I am needing another dose, since the first dose has not cleared things up. I don't get yeast infections, and a round of antibiotics I was on three weeks ago has done a number on me! Also, I usually ovulate by now, could having a yeast infection delay ovulation or prevent it from happening? I was wondering if the infection could cause an anovulatory cycle and that is why the bleeding has increased slightly yesterday. The bleeding today seems to have lightened back to spotting.

Help is much appreciated! I have only had two other yeast infections in my life, due to having been on antibiotics 17 and 11 years ago. As you can see, I am not familiar with what is "normal" for this type of infection.

XXforhubby
October 19th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Oh, and It might be worth mentioning that AF on the 3rd of this month was light and short (3 days instead of 6), despite seeing a few clots. I doubt the spotting I have been experiencing is implantation bleeding. I did test right before the spotting started and got a BFN. I have not tested since then though. I really do think the spotting/bleeding is more likely due to the yeast infection. But it is strange that I have not gotten a pos opk. I thought I was going to ovulate the day the spotting got a little heavier, but I am not sure. I wonder if the Vitex I took last month messed me up this month too?

I have an appointment with an RE to see what is going on. If this is an anovulatory cycle, this will be the second one in six months.

Thanks a bunch!

XXforhubby
October 20th, 2014, 11:53 AM

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Yes, it can and I have gotten spotting both from a really severe yeast infection (was on camping trip and couldn't treat it) and also from a bad reaction to the treatment cream (if you are using that too)

BUT it cannot cause an anovulatory cycle and I wonder if you're just getting a strange AF going on. You must have been pretty ill to have needed antibiotics and that can cause missed ovulation.

3 days is a perfectly normal range for AF. It is totally possible to see changes in AF with swaying and also from being ill.

XXforhubby
October 20th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Good to know. I would call it heavy spotting. I did need a second round of treatment for the YI. I keep using opks and maybe I will still o.

Thank you!!!

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I would also try to repopulate the area with beneficial bacteria by using some unsweetened yogurt with natural probiotics in it, as a cream in and around the area once your YI treatment is done. Just killing off the yeast is only half the battle, your VJ needs to have its "little friends" living there or the yeast just comes back again and again.

XXforhubby
October 20th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Oh, good to know! I did not know you could do that, but it makes sense! I will have to pick some up.

XXforhubby
October 20th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I am still using my opks to see if I will ovulate. I think being sick, then having a YI, and nursing a sick 16mo old might have told my body to not ovulate this month. We'll see.

Thank you for your advice! You are awesome!

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Oh, good to know! I did not know you could do that, but it makes sense! I will have to pick some up.

Yes and it works WAYYYY better than the creams do!