PDA

View Full Version : anyone do PGD for family balancing in thailand?

desperate_for_boy
July 19th, 2011, 12:01 AM
hello,
we are couple aged 39 and 35 having two daughters aged 12 and 6 . both pregnancies were non assisted and conception was natural. we now want a boy child thru PGD. anyone did PGD for family balancing in thailand? if yes where and successful or not? please guide and thanx in advance

glory
July 20th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hi there, I have done a cycle at SART and it was unsuccessful and am going back next week for cycle 2.

My best advice to you, and I am in no way trying to be cruel (just realistic), but if this is something you are looking at doing, the sooner the better. When it comes to IVF even if you are fertile it doesn't make IVF easier.

You might want to contact them directly or ring SIVF to get more info.

desperate_for_boy
July 22nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
hi glory
what is the cost per cycle and do they give package cost of say 2 or 3 cycles? and hos is service there?
thnx in advance

Hi there, I have done a cycle at SART and it was unsuccessful and am going back next week for cycle 2.

My best advice to you, and I am in no way trying to be cruel (just realistic), but if this is something you are looking at doing, the sooner the better. When it comes to IVF even if you are fertile it doesn't make IVF easier.

You might want to contact them directly or ring SIVF to get more info.

glory
July 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
I have not heard of a package for more than one cycle. The cost for us is cheaper than going to the US. So the clinic is about $7000.00 for everything done in Thailand, this can vary a little but in that area. They charge as you go, so if you have an ultrasound, they charge, if you have ER, they charge... Medicine varies but it can be up to $5000? Depending on a lot of things. Here in Australia, you may be able to get one of them covered by PBS which would decrease that to about $500. If you need a lot of stims meds then you could be looking at the higher end of the $5000, if you don't need as much, it could be $3000. Again all varies on what meds and if it is covered or not.

The service there is good, I don't know about their success as compared to other clinics though, but it seems legit, it is a nice little hospital that is always busy.

Your best bet is to contact them, they will answer all your questions and correctly (not ballpark)

dreaminginoz
July 23rd, 2011, 01:53 AM
I was wondering this also, so thanks for the info glory. Goodluck this time around!

erika
July 23rd, 2011, 05:31 PM
hi yes i have been to thailand for ivf/sex selection it is very legit very expensive and you should expect to go up to three times before they get you medications right to get enough eggs for PGD. Natural Fetility and IVF ae totallly diffeent I have done it twice now but with suck low egg numbers we cancelledbefore Egg Retrieval.

desperate_for_boy
July 30th, 2011, 12:44 AM
heard sart has somewhat low sucess rates any comments?

desperate_for_boy
July 30th, 2011, 12:46 AM
heard sart has somewhat low success rates any comments?

Regrow
July 31st, 2011, 01:23 AM
I recently cycled with SART in June and I am now pregnant! I can highly recommend them, I found them very professional and happy to assist at all times. SIVF also provided great assistance with my monitoring before I flew to Bangkok. I think their success rates seem low as most ladies on the forum cycle in the US, there were many internationals cycling when I was there and I think maybe we just don't know about all the other BFP's from SART.

erika
July 31st, 2011, 01:38 AM
I tend to agee i would go there again if I was not such a poor responder to meds

girly
October 7th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Hello Regrow,

Very interested in your time with SART. I'm from Perth also and considering traveling over there. I'm all new to this so I'm not sure what i should be doing next? Can you recommend who I should see ? Thanx for your time

Regrow
October 7th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I recommend contacting Genea (formerly Sydney IVF) and speaking to Robyn Martin if you are wanting to cycle with SART. Things have changed a little since I cycled but all for the better. You will need to do some pre-testing first which they can advise what they require, and probably take a trip over to Sydney. A Dr will do up your protocol originally the Dr at SART did this. The other that has changed is the biopsy of the embryos originally Day 3/5 Probe. I think the new testing will be better. You can do all your monitoring in Perth through Hollywood IVF but best to keep it to yourself why you are doing IVF when having your monitoring there. There have not been many success stories from SART but I chose them as it was closer travel wise and less expensive than the US. But each to their own you just need to way up what would work best for you. Also look at past posts on the International HT section heaps of info. GL and please PM if you have any questions, more than happy to help. It can all feel rather daunting at the start but once you start it all falls in to place x

glory
October 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I just wanted to add in that I think they are still doing the FISH testing, but they do offer PCR as well. The PCR is actually going to cost almost double the cost of the FISH testing, so it makes it not as cheap as what it was.

BUT if you do the PCR testing, then the Genea Dr will follow your cycle and you will be able to be monitered in Perth till closer to trigger, less time in in Thailand then.

girly
October 7th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Thanx Ladies, will Contact Genea and go from there will keep you posted. THanx again x

girly
October 12th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Thank you will pm you.

desperate_for_boy
March 25th, 2012, 11:55 PM
dear glory and erika.. can u please update what and when u did at bangkok?.. i am 35f ttc for boy desperately thru pgd.. u can reply here at this forum

jils04
March 26th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Hey desperate , can I ask how old you are ?

glory
March 26th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Desparate, I have given you all the info you have asked for on this thread? You asked the questions in July last year and seem to be asking for similar answers now. Can you be more specific in what questions need answering? I really don't like answering too much in detail on the public forum, if you want more questions answered on HT and Thailand your best bet is to become a GD member.

nuthinbutpink
March 26th, 2012, 08:06 AM
If you have any other option, I would not cycle at SART due to their strict criteria of only performing a biopsy on hatched blasts. That is very limiting and really reduces your chances of a transfer.

unsure!
April 8th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hello, Iam looking into PGD in Thailand.
Regrow, thanks for the positive post. ive started to wonder if anyone has success.

Blueplease
September 20th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Hi there... Im looking to possibly go to SART in feb. I have started all the initial testing with gene. The forums started worrying me. Although they say that the success rate is 43pc it would sem to me that it's a lot lower. Can anyone let me k ow if they've bn successful with SART

Also, nuthinbutpink you have mentioned that they only perform a biopsy on a hatched blast. Do you mind elaborating and explaining why you think this is maybe the reason why their success rate is lower than in us. The science confuses me. Many thanks and what a great forum,

nuthinbutpink
September 20th, 2012, 06:23 AM
We have several women now that have cycled there, most from Australia. There are several threads in the Member section on SART including those on testing and past and current cyclers.

They use a strict criteria for testing beyond what we see in the US. Embryos have until day 6 to become a hatching blast in order to be biopsied and tested.

There are lots of people on here to help but they mostly post in the member/private forum.

glory
September 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hi there... Im looking to possibly go to SART in feb. I have started all the initial testing with gene. The forums started worrying me. Although they say that the success rate is 43pc it would sem to me that it's a lot lower. Can anyone let me k ow if they've bn successful with SART

Also, nuthinbutpink you have mentioned that they only perform a biopsy on a hatched blast. Do you mind elaborating and explaining why you think this is maybe the reason why their success rate is lower than in us. The science confuses me. Many thanks and what a great forum,

I agree if you want good help, the private forum is the place to be, heaps of Aussies in there, most won't post in the public section.

With the success I believe that would be using FISH, which they aren't using as much. They use PCR at the moment which actually tests for less but is more accurate and by getting them to day 5 or 6 has a better chance of success.

By Feb, they will have introduced CGH, at Genea initial analysis said 77% with CGH, but their stats fluctuate and are currently at 84% so testing techniques has a lot to do with it.

That being said I don't believe SART is as good as Genea but I do know they use the same staff sometimes and also the same people to read the reports.

Getting to HB is controversial as you will have less to biopsy, but chances are high of what is biopsied is normal. They do assist hatch them so it makes it easier to get to HB by day 6.

Good luck, please join as a dream member, would love to follow your journey.

desperate_for_boy
April 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM
sart and genea ? are they in thailand? where

desperate_for_boy
April 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM
i am 36 now and have done one failed fresh and one failed fet in may-august 2012. trying again for a fresh in this may

glory
April 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Sart is Thai Superior Art and it is in Bangkok.

Where did you cycle? Becoming a member is where you will get the best advice. People don't like talking on the public forums.

desperate_for_boy
May 1st, 2013, 07:27 AM
Sart is Thai Superior Art and it is in Bangkok.

Where did you cycle? Becoming a member is where you will get the best advice. People don't like talking on the public forums.

how to become member?

nuthinbutpink
May 1st, 2013, 07:36 AM
how to become member?

There is a pinkish button at the top left with Dream Member on it and one the menu bar, Membership and Plans. It is just $12 annually but I promise it is worth it! You pay via Paypal so everything is private and secure.

desperate_for_boy
May 3rd, 2013, 10:50 AM
cant pay through paypal... any other payment method ? I have visa debit card?

desperate_for_boy
May 9th, 2013, 01:55 AM
have paid thru paypal but still how to access members area please help ASAP

Dream boy
April 22nd, 2014, 01:18 AM
Hi,
I'm the same age as you. Been there a few times now. 2 fresh cycles and 3 fet. No luck yet:(
What about u?

Dream boy
April 22nd, 2014, 01:24 AM
Hi Glory,
Have u had any success with them? If yes, after how many cycles?

desperate_for_boy
May 15th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Hi,
I'm the same age as you. Been there a few times now. 2 fresh cycles and 3 fet. No luck yet:(
What about u?

well by grace of god i am pregnant now after doing ivf+pgd from bangkok.

dennisgsam
May 28th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Hello we are looking for a pgd for a boy .we are in canada.. any one suggest the best centers we have a girl already

dennisgsam
May 28th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Any body can help here where to go for pgd for a boy....

dennisgsam
May 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Any body can help here where to go for pgd for a boy....

nuthinbutpink
May 28th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Hello we are looking for a pgd for a boy .we are in canada.. any one suggest the best centers we have a girl already

Hi there. You should become a Dream Member. All the HT info, including all clinics in the US that offer GS, can be found there. You will have to travel to the US but we have had several from Canada do so and one is cycling right now from there! All info is in the Private Forums. You can join by clicking on the Become a Dream Member button above or using the Memberships and Plans option.

applerose
May 28th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Hi all
I'm new on this site and trying to work out how to do a post in a private forum. Anyone able to help?
Specifically, I'd love to hear people's views on which is the best international PGD option. I'm from Sydney Australia and have a little boy through IVF. Now I'd like to try for a girl. Not sure whether to go for SART Thailand or HRC in LA.
For me, success rates etc is more important than the cost. Would love to hear people's views!
Thanks so much. From what I've been reading, you're a group of super brave amazing women!

nuthinbutpink
May 28th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Here is the International HT forum -http://genderdreaming.com/forum/international-ht-family-balancing/

Jamesy
January 5th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Hi nuthinbutpink, I know its been a while since your last post but I was hoping to chat to you about your experience with SART in Bangkok.... My husband and I are just corresponding with them regarding PGD IVF and I had a few questions?

desperate_for_boy
February 3rd, 2015, 08:12 AM
hi i am not nuthinbutpink anyways wish u lods of luck

nuthinbutpink
February 3rd, 2015, 08:25 AM
Hi nuthinbutpink, I know its been a while since your last post but I was hoping to chat to you about your experience with SART in Bangkok.... My husband and I are just corresponding with them regarding PGD IVF and I had a few questions?

I am in the US and I did not cycle there. I am not sure if anyone can go there because of the new rules but perhaps someone will chime in. If you do go there, I would get a plan for bringing your embryos back with you when you leave. If they decide to not let you have them one day, there will be nothing you can do about it.

need_pgd_info
February 9th, 2015, 11:42 PM
hi.. i am 30 and a mother to a 2 yr old baby girl.. we wish to have a boy next time and looking for PGD.. but i dont know from where to start.. can u guys help me with some reliable clinics doing this in thailand? any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks.

nuthinbutpink
February 10th, 2015, 06:03 AM
SART is where people on here go.

need_pgd_info
February 10th, 2015, 08:20 AM
thanks for ur reply @nuthinbutpink.
i was checking the SART website.. but they haven't mentioned anywhere that they do PGD for family balancing.. they say it's for chromosomal disorders.. i have approached them via mail.. but no reply yet.. where else can i contact to know the total cost , duration of stay etc?

nuthinbutpink
February 10th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I don't think they openly discuss gender selection since the military took over and they had the issues with surrogacy there. You'll need to inquire about full testing and the possibility of selecting the embryo to transfer.

nuthinbutpink
February 10th, 2015, 09:22 AM
All contact info and costs are located in this thread-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/international-ht-family-balancing/26134-cycling-sart-thailand.html

It's a dream member private forum so you will need to become a Dream Member to access it.

Mercboys
February 18th, 2015, 05:54 AM
Hi everybody, we have two little beautiful boys but I'm dreaming of a little girl I can share the same bond I have with my mum! I have been in contact with various other gender slection agencies but so far not SART. I'm interested in what they have to offer as 30k + is out of the question at this stage for treatment in America or India. I have soooo many questions and was hoping someone from Australia may be able to send me a private message or email address? That's for any assistance :)

need_pgd_info
March 20th, 2015, 02:05 AM
Hi.. hav paid n am a member now. Subscribed for the location services last week. No reply yet :(

Also how can I start a new thread?

wouldloveagirl
March 21st, 2015, 02:12 AM
Read this everyone... good news re Thailand:
Aussie family using sex selection to conceive a girl - Kidspot (http://www.kidspot.com.au/meet-the-aussie-family-using-sex-selection-to-conceive-baby-daughter/)

Little men
May 1st, 2015, 08:38 PM
Just wondering, if I travel with my family to SART, have the treatment and its unsuccessful, can I bring the remaining embryos back to oz with me to try again? Alternatively if its unsuccessful does my hubby have to travel back to Thailand withe the second time? (I've 3 boys so concerned about having to take the whole family with me each time)

babydream
August 23rd, 2015, 04:05 AM
Hi everybody, we have two little beautiful boys but I'm dreaming of a little girl I can share the same bond I have with my mum! I have been in contact with various other gender slection agencies but so far not SART. I'm interested in what they have to offer as 30k + is out of the question at this stage for treatment in America or India. I have soooo many questions and was hoping someone from Australia may be able to send me a private message or email address? That's for any assistance :)

hi.. i am 30 and a mother to a 2 yr old baby girl.. we wish to have a boy next time and looking for PGD.. but i dont know from where to start.. can u guys help me with some reliable clinics doing this in thailand? any help is greatly appreciated.. thanks.

Just wondering, if I travel with my family to SART, have the treatment and its unsuccessful, can I bring the remaining embryos back to oz with me to try again? Alternatively if its unsuccessful does my hubby have to travel back to Thailand withe the second time? (I've 3 boys so concerned about having to take the whole family with me each time)
As policy in Thailand, you can not ship embryo in or out.
You can find another chance at SAFE Fertility Center. I used to have treatment there. They have their own lab and new technique (NGS) to do PGD.
They have staff to take care and follow every your timeline step.
If you need more information, feel free to contact me, I think share contact here is not allowed.

Happy_hope
June 28th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Hello everyone! I am also planning to go Thailand for IVF/pgd. I am 32 and my hubby is 36. We are blessed to have a lovely 4 year old girl. We would love to have baby boy. Anyone who has been to Thailand for this could you please kindly share your experience with me. Which clinic and doctor did you go to? Also where did you stay while you were over there. Your information would really help me . Thank you again!! Any tips for a successfull experience is also good too. Have a nice day.

MorganG
July 25th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Hello, my husband and I are looking into going to Thailand for IVF and gender selection, hopefully to have twins. Can anyone please tell me about their experiences, the pros and cons, the professionalism and the quality of the hospitals over there? Is it 'safer' to go to the US or is Thailand just as good? We havent done a lot of research so my knowledge is very minimal and I am a little nervous about it so any information would be helpful. Thank you.

MissAshamalee
July 25th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Hi Happy_hope and MorganG, I am a fellow Aussie looking at Thailand to undergo IVF/PGD to hopefully conceive a princess after 3 princes.

I have obtained info from a few different clinics including SART and Bangkok IVF centre and happy to share my experiences thus far.

We will be cycling in February 2017 :-)

MorganG
July 25th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Hi Happy_hope and MorganG, I am a fellow Aussie looking at Thailand to undergo IVF/PGD to hopefully conceive a princess after 3 princes.

I have obtained info from a few different clinics including SART and Bangkok IVF centre and happy to share my experiences thus far.

Thank you so much MissAshamalee, we are looking to commence April 2017. Any information you can forward onto me would be fantastic. Can I share my email address with you? Do I just share on here? Or can I private message you somehow? I don't know my way around this site yet! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

mumoftwogirls
July 28th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Hi girls,

I am also planning on cycling at SART. Hopefully before the end of the year. I have been to the clinic and they seem very professional.

pinkredblue
September 3rd, 2016, 08:54 AM

Hi MissAshamalee, if you don't mind would you please share the info to me? we are planning to do the same. Many thanks

House of boys
June 16th, 2017, 12:08 AM
Hi I'm new to this site and I'm just starting to investigate options for Gender selection in either the US or Thailand. I currently have two sons and would love a daughter I'm just wondering whether you would be happy to share how you went with your experience in Thailand in February . I'm also Australian so like the idea of Thailand because it is so much closer than the US and it also seems like it is likely to be quite a bit cheaper. TIA

House of boys
June 16th, 2017, 12:10 AM

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm just starting to investigate options for Gender selection in either the US or Thailand. I currently have two sons and would love a daughter I'm just wondering whether you would be happy to share how you went with your experience in Thailand in February . I'm also Australian so like the idea of Thailand because it is so much closer than the US and it also seems like it is likely to be quite a bit cheaper. TIA

pam27
July 9th, 2017, 11:55 PM
Hi Morgan and Ashmalee,

how did both of you go with your treatment. I am planning to go to SART in nov-dec. any information will be great. how can I pm you. I am new here..still getting my way around
Thank you so much MissAshamalee, we are looking to commence April 2017. Any information you can forward onto me would be fantastic. Can I share my email address with you? Do I just share on here? Or can I private message you somehow? I don't know my way around this site yet! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

Bandofboys
August 9th, 2017, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=pam27;924714]Hi Morgan and Ashmalee,

how did both of you go with your treatment. I am planning to go to SART in nov-dec. any information will be great. how can I pm you. I am new here..still getting my way around[/QUOTDid

Hi!!

Did you received a response? I am eally keen to go to thailand and it will be great to get more info from somebe that has done it 😊

hopeforblu
September 6th, 2017, 08:44 AM
well by grace of god i am pregnant now after doing ivf+pgd from bangkok.

Hi can you plz mention which clinic in Bangkok gave you the success rate and which medicine did you hubby take to increase the y sperm thnx

bradsp
April 13th, 2018, 10:44 PM
Hi all, like a lot of those who have posted recently to this forum, my wife and I are considering gender selection IVF in Thailand. I would love to private message some of you to see how your experiences have been (as soon as I've got my 5 posts done!). We are based in Melbourne and would like to start the process soon. Is someone able to give me an idea of the cost of treatment there? I have searched the forums but haven't seen a recent quote.

All the best to all of you. This journey is an exciting (but also scary) prospect.

babydream
June 3rd, 2018, 02:13 AM
Hi Morgan and Ashmalee,

how did both of you go with your treatment. I am planning to go to SART in nov-dec. any information will be great. how can I pm you. I am new here..still getting my way around

[QUOTE=pam27;924714]Hi Morgan and Ashmalee,

how did both of you go with your treatment. I am planning to go to SART in nov-dec. any information will be great. how can I pm you. I am new here..still getting my way around[/QUOTDid

Hi!!

Did you received a response? I am eally keen to go to thailand and it will be great to get more info from somebe that has done it ��

Hi can you plz mention which clinic in Bangkok gave you the success rate and which medicine did you hubby take to increase the y sperm thnx

you all can contact Thao +66613987888 whatsapp or viber. She is International Counsellor of Safe, 1 of the best ivf clinic in Bangkok that has own lab in door.
I did the treatment there and have 1 baby girl. Will come back to do transfer frozen boy embryo the end of this year.
She is very kind, can respond you all the questions and you don't need to wait long time.

wish you all have baby as your desire :boybear2: