PDA

View Full Version : Does DH's Weight Impact Gender?

mela99
October 14th, 2014, 08:10 PM
I haven't been able to find anything that mentions the DH's weight/body type. My husband is 5'11 and only weighs 117 pounds. He comes from a LONG line of very tall, very lean men. None of them really gain weight until past 30..

Is that something that would lean girl or boy?

sweetdream
October 15th, 2014, 01:38 AM
I don't think it sways. My DH is tall and lean and has 3sons we swayed for a girl.
But I really don't believe his posture swayed boy.

rsk11
October 15th, 2014, 04:18 AM
Old wives tell tht if dad gains wtt irs pink...

bluebonnet22
October 15th, 2014, 06:29 AM
I wouldn't worry about weight in your case. Men who are very overweight can sway pink somewhat (if I remember correctly?).

maidentomother
October 15th, 2014, 08:17 AM
I suspect that very skinny and very fat men sway pink, but YOUR weight, diet, and , lifestyle matter much more IMO.

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM
YES I believe it absolutely does and may actually be a more successful tactic than many that get a lot of press.

In my experience both very thin and also heavier guys both have more daughters than the population as a whole.

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Old wives tell tht if dad gains wtt irs pink...

YES and I agree this is true, but if a dude is starting off at 5-11 weighing 117 pounds, he would have TONS of weight to gain before he was able to get into "pink mode".

To the OP - your husband should stay exactly where he is at, I think he's pink friendly at that height and weight. Very little muscle mass.

purplepoet20
October 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM
My DH is 5 9' and 250lbs. He only tried to loose weight before DS3. He used to play football and wrestle.

I know plenty of males that are lean...the ones who ride bikes a lot have all girls. Most of these guys also have dairy issues and only drink soy milk. A few of them also have careers that takes them from home for a few weeks at a time.

odd
October 15th, 2014, 10:20 AM
It did not in our case. My husband has always been tall and averages around 165-170..he's always had the same diet

atomic sagebrush
October 15th, 2014, 11:53 AM
It did not in our case. My husband has always been tall and averages around 165-170..he's always had the same diet

There is a big difference between 117 lbs and 165-170. I think it is not as much about BMI for husbands and just sheer muscle, so a tall guy who is still quite thin will have more muscle than a shorter guy who is also very thin. :)

Midwest_Complex
October 17th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure. I know a few smaller/thin guys who have boys.. but it's about even with girls too. I think it's the wife that matters most. I am a gym bum and a lot of the buff dudes who are hitting the gym, pumping testosterone, also have girls. Could be more due to steroid use (not sure if they do! Just an assumption)

atomic sagebrush
October 18th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I agree one zillion percent that dudes that lift have WAYYYYY more girls. I would LOVE to do a study on this because it's not only my observation, but several others have told me that independently without prompting, from all around the world.

It is one of the reasons why I am still quite skeptical of the male testosterone = more boys because those guys have tons of T going on (both natural and shall we say "enhanced") and have tons of girls.

One thing to consider is that many men use Clomid to alter their hormonal profile so they can get more cut.

Midwest_Complex
October 18th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Just like stronger, solid women have boys because biologically it benefits their lifestyle more...maybe it's the same with men, but opposite. Yanno, a strong father figure could protect and provide better for girls..whereas boys would eventually become competition? A skinny weak dad will have more boys because he will need more help hunting etc..Idk very far fetched haha

MyByC
October 18th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Ok. My hubby is 186cm and 85kg. His BMI would be 24.5 (men of 33 years). It says normale in here
http://www.calculator.net/bmi-calculator.html?ctype=metric&cage=33&csex=m&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cpound=160&cheightmeter=186&ckg=85&printit=0&x=58&y=12 ...but now I am little worried?? Should he gain some weight these weeks before our attempt?
Atomic...

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Just like stronger, solid women have boys because biologically it benefits their lifestyle more...maybe it's the same with men, but opposite. Yanno, a strong father figure could protect and provide better for girls..whereas boys would eventually become competition? A skinny weak dad will have more boys because he will need more help hunting etc..Idk very far fetched haha

Haha yeah maybe stretching it a bit BUT I do think a lot of guys who are really into weight lifting as adults have done because they were not physically very intimidating by nature and felt like they needed to bulk up. So just because they're hulking behemoths NOW, may have been originally the 98 lb weakling getting sand kicked in their face in the old ads.

I also think there may be something to the idea (and please forgive me for generalizing which is never nice but unfortunately has to be done sometimes) that supermanly manly men may prefer a softer, sweeter, Mary woman and not those Martha "grrls" like me who are boy making machines. :)

atomic sagebrush
October 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Ok. My hubby is 186cm and 85kg. His BMI would be 24.5 (men of 33 years). It says normale in here
BMI Calculator (http://www.calculator.net/bmi-calculator.html?ctype=metric&cage=33&csex=m&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=10&cpound=160&cheightmeter=186&ckg=85&printit=0&x=58&y=12) ...but now I am little worried?? Should he gain some weight these weeks before our attempt?
Atomic...

I don't want any man to gain or lose weight for a PINK sway. The reason is that men tend to lose fat first while keeping muscle, and gain muscle first wtihout gaining much fat. So whether they lose or gain, it only serves to make them more blue friendly as a general rule.

MyByC
October 20th, 2014, 01:52 PM
I remember you told me for my DH to loose weight(if he can)..now I read about taking weight so I didnt knew what to think..
Thank you

atomic sagebrush
October 25th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I remember you told me for my DH to loose weight(if he can)..now I read about taking weight so I didnt knew what to think..
Thank you

My, (I am not angry in any way but I really need to address this because you keep doing this) the info that is in your sway plan is better than anything in the forums. I do not have your sway plan in front of me when you ask me questions in the forums and so I give general info. I simply cannot keep your individual info straight in the forums. If you have a sway plan, PLEASE stick with what is in your plan and in the forums and don't go from thread to thread trying to "catch me" making a mistake or whatever you're trying to do here. I can't give individual advice in the general forums.

MyByC
October 25th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I apologise. I do not try to catch you! I'm just confused when I read other opinions regarding sway..so I better ask.

maidentomother
October 25th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Definitely think macho men rarely are interested in strong women. And I also prefer gentle, artistic types myself. It almost never works to have 2 very dominant personalities in a relationship, IME/O!

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Tell me about it!! :hair:

LOL this got bumped to the next page, I was referring to two dominant people in a relationship together! (don't do it!)

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I apologise. I do not try to catch you! I'm just confused when I read other opinions regarding sway..so I better ask.

ok. Just keep in mind that Custom Sways are BETTER than the forums and so it is best for both you and me to work in your Custom Forum on stuff because then I can give you the best info that is tailored to you.

maidentomother
October 28th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Tell me about it!! :hair:

LOL this got bumped to the next page, I was referring to two dominant people in a relationship together! (don't do it!)

I can only gather that you have second if not firsthand experience with this! It's funny, in my youth (teens/early twenties), I fantasized about a relationship based on equality, with no one person having more power than the other. And yet I don't think I've ever seen that, so I'm nit sure where I got such a foolish romantic idea. I've seen couples in which both parties are very balanced (not too dom or sub), and that's the closest I've seen (though still i can point out who calls the ultimate shots). But as a very dominant person, I now know that such a situation would never work for me personally. What's truly ironic, though, is that I'm sexually drawn to very dominating men who will never satisy me emotionally. So I'm always forced to choice between everything great BUT sex, or great sex with little else. The men I'm drawn to emotionally, don't have enough fire/force in the bedroom. This conundrum used to drive me mad, but I've given up on true love so some unusual polyamorous/open relationship type solution is what I hope for now. I just want companionship with at least occasional great sex, and several kidlets. Too much to ask for, it seems...

LacePrincess
January 3rd, 2015, 03:12 PM
My DH is 5 9' and 250lbs. He only tried to loose weight before DS3. He used to play football and wrestle.

I know plenty of males that are lean...the ones who ride bikes a lot have all girls. Most of these guys also have dairy issues and only drink soy milk. A few of them also have careers that takes them from home for a few weeks at a time.

Hasn't worked for us. DH is a beanpole, never works out because he's naturally skinny (damn him) so has very little muscle mass. He's also short, at around 5'5" and weighs 127. His only physical activity is cycling, he doesn't bike much anymore but biked a LOT as a teen through young adult years. He drinks very little dairy (too much coffee but he's cut back now) and is military so obviously away a lot.

And yet, we have 3 boys!