PDA

View Full Version : Faint line means boy?

business.woman
October 23rd, 2014, 09:55 PM
Is it true that pg with boy produce less hcg and girls more hcg??

With my DD i tested 11DPO and got super dark line and today I test and got super faint line!
I will test again 12dpo and 13 dpo , so I will keep posting here!

Just for fun lets see who had boy with faint line and who had a girl with dark line and what dpo did u test?

Sarah4girl
October 24th, 2014, 02:56 AM
With both my boys I had very faint lines for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugee
October 24th, 2014, 03:00 AM
I had a faint line with my DS2! My DS1 was a strong line but he was an oops baby so wasn't calculating ovulation and how many dpo I tested.

business.woman
October 24th, 2014, 03:12 AM
Great ! Thnx ladies. Lets see the others !

Junie
October 24th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Sorry but I had very strong lines with both boys.

pinkin2011
October 24th, 2014, 04:18 AM
It all depends on which tests people use too. I used a frer with ds 2 and had a line at 8dpo. With ds1 I rested daily with clear blue and only had a faint line at 13dpo

ratcliffe1811
October 24th, 2014, 04:25 AM
This is an interesting theory, I couldn't say with my boys as I tested later so they were all dark

MyByC
October 24th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Dark line after 30 seconds :))
I have a boy.

Dana-Alicia
October 24th, 2014, 07:35 AM
With both daughter and sons equally dark. Hope you get your boy though!

Rosie85
October 24th, 2014, 09:28 AM
I think it would only work to tell if everyone was testing everyday and got the first line. With my two that i tested right away the lines were very very faint. With ds1 since i was well past my period my line was very very dark already.

atomic sagebrush
October 24th, 2014, 09:44 AM
It may be slightly true overall (across the whole population on average, girl pregnancies make an average of more HCG than boy ones in studies) BUT it says NOTHING about the darkness of YOUR pregnancy test. Firstly because HCG IS NOT registered on your pregnancy test in any reliable way (depending on the dilution of your urine and how much HCG happened to be spilled into your pee right when you took your test, there is no reliable correlation between the HCG levels in your blood, and the darkness of your pregnancy test.)

But even more importantly, the studies were looking at the average across the population. IT works the same way that height does. There are very tall women and very short men out there and there is NO WAY to know by just getting a supermodel and a jockey together and looking at their heights (or their HCG levels!) whether you ahve a boy or a girl on your hands. There are MANY women that are taller than MANY men, it's just that if you look at the average for all women/men, men tend to be taller. Same with HCG levels. Many girl pg make less hcg than many boy pg. WE are dealing with the average across the population.

My daughter's pg test was very light for quite a while and my 4th son's was super dark.

I have a thorough explanation in this thread http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/30461-knowing-your-baby-gender-your-pregnancy-test.html

ANd more here (this is a different topic all together and I"m not implying anything by posting it. It just has a lot of helpful info in it) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/30730-gender-abortions-please-leave-me-out.html

business.woman
October 24th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Interesting!
Thnx atomic😘

mommymachine
October 24th, 2014, 10:41 AM
My first two boys were surprises so I didn't test until I was a week late. With DS3, I tested on First Response and got a super faint line at 12DPO that was barely there. With my girls, I was using internet cheapies and got faint lines at 7DPO for DD1(in the evening) and 9DPO for DD2. Don't know if that helps.

angielorna
October 24th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Got BFP at 9dpo for my boys (so yes, it was a faintish).
Got BFP 9 days before my expected period (I o'd early I'm 99% sure) with this pregnancy (girl).
Some people predicted a girl based on my pregnancy tests (higher hcg) and were right :)
Like Atomic said, it's a general population thing....but fun to read into anyway!!!

Good luck!
Angie

business.woman
October 24th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Yep , its not a law or something , its just for fun!

fivebabies
October 24th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I got dark lines for my boys and lighter lines with my girls. :)

jmomof3girls
October 24th, 2014, 01:25 PM
OMG! Congrats business woman! I'm so happy for you!

business.woman
October 24th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Thnx Jana , 😍😍😍😍

belleboi
October 25th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Our youngest was a surprise so I probably tested quite late and her line was super dark.

Our oldest's line was very faint, but I think I tested on 10 dpo

lisvna
October 25th, 2014, 07:16 PM
With my HT son my HCG was higher measured then with this pregnancy which suppose to be a girl.....

3BoysBlessed
October 25th, 2014, 10:21 PM
With my first two boys, I was well past missing my period, so it was not faint for either. With my angel who had DOwns Syndeome, it was extremely faint at 8 dpo-literally could not even see it much until 11 dpo nd at first morning urine, which was also quite faint. With my youngest living son, it was very very faint at 11 dpo. It took forever and was not visible enough to show DH because I knew he'd say he couldn't see anything lol. So I waited a couple days to take another.
At just 10 dpo with this one, even at my second morning urine sample, it was sudden (took less than 2 minutes to show up) and it was quite bright, but not super dark, ...no question it was there like with youngest DS though! It had not shown up the day prior at all, not even faint which would lead me to believe that the hcg levels rose quite quickly within a day. So, I am hoping and praying it is a little clue that it is a girl:) just for fun, but I'm staying hopeful :)

Nahri
October 25th, 2014, 10:40 PM
DS1 was faint 16 dpo this was faint as well 14dpo and at 16dpo it was screaming dark and so far gender unknown

business.woman
October 28th, 2014, 05:38 AM
16 dpo , still faint with cheapie and not not sensetive test :)

dloui128
October 28th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Definitely a BFP, congrats!

Emmumof2
October 28th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Congrats xx

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Congrats on BFP but just want to reiterate you cannot tell your baby's gender from the darkness of your pee sticks!! Really, really, really!!

Sending you all my blue dust.

daydrmbelievr
December 7th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I have two sons and HPTs never worked for me - I never, ever got a faint glimmer of a line with either one! I had to have blood drawn both times to confirm pregnancy!!
I took a HPT today for giggles, at 13DPO, and I got a line! It's not as dark as the control line, but it's a line! I'm so excited! I hope this means it's my girl :)

business.woman
December 8th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I hope its ur girl dadydtmbelievr ❤