PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else scared?

Ugee
November 1st, 2014, 03:36 PM
Hey lovely ladies!

Now I'm on this site for personal swaying reasons. To put it simply I want a girl. What ever outcome of my BFP I will love my child once here...but. Big but I so long for a daughter that I'm scared I will not stop till I get her. I'm scared about every scan telling me "boy" again. I'm scared to hear it.
My question is am I alone in this taboo subject or is everyone at peace with their outcome of sway?
Please don't think I will not love whatever child comes into my life as that's not the case. My DS2 is a gender disappointment and I love him so so so much. I just want to see if I am alone or not with my feelings? It's all so tragic that gender disappointment is a real life haunt but for me it is.

True Blue
November 1st, 2014, 04:24 PM
I'm right there with you, scared, heck sometimes terrified BUT not of getting another DD because I will love and cherish her if I do, what scares me is not getting the chance to have the little boy I have tried so long and hard for.

It sounds so contradictory doesn't it. DH doesnt understand it I have explained but it's lost on him.

I had a dream years ago I had just given birth to a baby boy. It was one of those dreams with real feelings and oh the joy I was so happy, ecstatic, I so want to live that dream.

So yes I'm with you. I pray you get your DD Ugee :XX:

Ugee
November 1st, 2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks true blue. I don't feel so bad knowing I'm not alone. Really Hope you get your DS! I also had a very real dream of having twin daughters! I was crying with joy In My dream. I was shocked of having twins but overcome with happiness of the fact I could have 2 girls to bring home to complete my family.
I was shopping today for my DSons and some cute girls clothes caught my eye. Usually I just force myself to not even notice them but today I went over and picked them up. Hope we both lev out our dreams!

True Blue
November 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
I feel like a fraud in the world of GD if I'm super honest. We have 2 DS's they were our first we then went on over 12 years to have 6 DD's the deep longing and desire for a DS has been getting worse since DD3. I don't even understand it, why it's so strong but it's there and this is our very final shot at it. I have a great relationship with my bigger boys and feel very greedy to so strongly desire another.

jmomof3girls
November 1st, 2014, 05:33 PM
ME!!!!!!!! I'M TERRIFIED!!!! I would love another DD. I'm a great girl mom but this is my last chance to have a DS and I'm afraid I might never get the chance. Everyone is having boys around me and I think it's making me feel worse. I just have to remember that if I have another DD than it's just meant to be and that makes me feel better.

Boom
November 1st, 2014, 07:48 PM
I was so scared before I found out the gender of my DS 4 that I would cry myself to sleep every night. Once I knew it was a boy I was still in love with him, so the fear of GD was worse than the GD itself! Glad I found out at 18 weeks though, waiting till later would have been too traumatic a wait

1+2+3boys
November 1st, 2014, 08:49 PM
Yep, I too feel a deep sadness over not having a daughter and I am so scared because there is a very real chance I may not get one and I wonder if not, will I feel this way for the rest of my life? I really don't want any more children so we are hoping to do IVF with PGD but even that is no garuntee if you don't get pregnant.

At this stage I know I would rather no baby than another who isn't my longed for daughter even though I would he would be a much loved precious gift like our others, but would I want to try again and again? I'm busy enough with three. It is a very scary thought that effects my life in a great way

jmomof3girls
November 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
True blue- You're not a fraud. Having 6 of 1 gender in a row would give most people GD. It doesn't matter if you have boys already, the heart wants what it wants!

True Blue
November 2nd, 2014, 04:29 AM
Thanks Jana :hug2:

Boom
November 2nd, 2014, 04:49 AM
True blue- You're not a fraud. Having 6 of 1 gender in a row would give most people GD. It doesn't matter if you have boys already, the heart wants what it wants!

Totally agree

Ugee
November 2nd, 2014, 10:23 AM
True blue- I don't think anyone can be a fraud about GD. It's a deep personal desire.

Boom- I'm also glad I found out at my 20 week scan that I was having my DS2 as it gave me time to be happy for his arrival. I cried for 2 weeks straight but then adjusted. When he arrived I was in love with him. I won't lie tho that a lady in the next bed had a little girl and hearing her talking and calling her my baby girl really stung.

1+2+3- I'm the same as you...some days I just think I shouldn't TTC at all as I just don't want to hear them say "boy"! But the feeling of wanting a girl is getting stronger. It haunts me wherever I go and do with reminders that it's what I want. The thought of never getting her and living like this forever is my biggest fear of all.

I really do hope you all get your DG babies!

mummaof4
November 2nd, 2014, 05:47 PM
That is me right now. I'm 34 weeks with #4. I already have 3 boys, this baby was unplanned (we were planning on IVF/PGD in a year or two) and we didn't find out the sex. I'm convinced it is another boy and I am terrified and I think that is a big part of the reason I haven't found out, I'm just not ready to hear it.

I'm terrified that because this will be my 4th c-section, my OB will tell me no more after this baby and then my hopes for IVF/PGD to try for a girl will be lost. It is that hope for IVF/PGD that keeps me from completely falling apart.

You are certainly not alone Ugee, I hope you get your DG baby xx

Ugee
November 3rd, 2014, 04:26 AM
Mummaof4- I hope you get you get a fantastic surprise and that this baby is your girl!

The Anchor
November 3rd, 2014, 12:29 PM
I feel like a fraud in the world of GD if I'm super honest. We have 2 DS's they were our first we then went on over 12 years to have 6 DD's the deep longing and desire for a DS has been getting worse since DD3. I don't even understand it, why it's so strong but it's there and this is our very final shot at it. I have a great relationship with my bigger boys and feel very greedy to so strongly desire another.

2 boys and 6 girls?!? INCREDIBLE what a wonderful family trueblue!

True Blue
November 3rd, 2014, 12:40 PM
Thank you Anchor :)