PDA

View Full Version : missed miscarriage

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 05:42 AM
anyone else had a experience of missed miscarriage? as some of u know last week we found out our baby died at 8 week,i was suppoused to be 12.
i have opted to go for the natural way to miscarry,but the waiting game is horrible.
friday i started spotting,over the weekend there was bleeding with a few small clots and some back pain,its now monday and i dont know how much long i can wait for things to happen.

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 07:06 AM
bump

QueenB3blue
November 3rd, 2014, 07:15 AM
I agree Eleena. This waiting around crap is excruciating. I go back to my ob on Thursday for another ultrasound. She has already offered a D&C or to insert the pills to get me going. I am so hoping I can do this on my own:( but when Thursday comes around and I haven't I will have her insert the pills for me. I was praying that it would be done by then and my ultrasound would show everything is cleared out. I just don't think it will work out that way:( I have heard it takes weeks.
I am so frustrated with my body right now. This little one passed as soon as it started growing. But my body has let me think I was carrying a growing baby for weeks!!!

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 07:26 AM
are you bleeding or anything? i well and truly hate hospitals thats why im trying to stay away from them.i dont mind having the tablets orally if needed.i might give it till thursday then give the hospital a call.
as for the d&c i have never been out under and being awake i would be petrified.
they gave me up to 3 weeks to do it naturally but i wont wait that long as this babys been inside me for nearly 5 weeks as it is x

QueenB3blue
November 3rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
I am still only spotting. Had a small clot yesterday, but other than that I only have something when I wipe.

Texasmom said it took her 2 weeks when it was all said and done.

I wish I could remember the name of the drug, but the pills are inserted vaginally. My Dr didn't really explain it much because she wanted make sure they weren't missing anything. But my pregnancy symptoms are almost all gone and with the spotting and cramping I know nothing will show up at the next ultrasound.

Did your dr have you schedule another appointment? When are you to be seen again?

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 07:47 AM
i havent seen my doctor,it was all done through the hospital.a nurse just gave me the options,went home and spoke about it and rang the hospital back home to tell them i wanted to try and do it naturaly.she just said give it 3 weeks and we will ring you and and keep an eye on you anyway,she didnt give me a definite date to go back in.she said i could have the option of the oral pills too.

QueenB3blue
November 3rd, 2014, 07:52 AM
Hopefully some ladies will speak up that have experienced this nightmare:(

atomic sagebrush
November 3rd, 2014, 09:10 AM
I'm sorry. I ahve no advice, just (((hugs)))).

essnce629
November 3rd, 2014, 12:19 PM
I had a natural miscarriage 3 weeks ago at 7 weeks. It started on it's own though and no intervention was needed. From the time I started spotting till it was all finished was 10 days (last 3 days were just spotting). I O'd 11 days later on CD21.

My best friend, however, had a missed miscarriage back in July at 12 weeks. The baby only measured 6 weeks, but it either had been growing too slowly or had shrunk down since she had actually seen the heartbeat at 8 weeks. Since she had zero signs that something was wrong till the ultrasound, she decided to go with a D&C since she hadn't had any bleeding or cramping. Her other option was for them to give her Cytotec to jumpstart things.

After it was all said and done (she had bleeding for nearly 4 weeks after) I think if she had to do it all over again she would have chosen the Cytotec. There are risks to having a D&C (Asherman's syndrome) and it can affect your future fertility. She's been trying to get pregnant ever since and is now on cycle #4 after her D&C and still not pregnant. She also had a lot of clots still in her at her follow up ultrasound 2 weeks later and they said she might need another D&C. Luckily they resolved on their own.

Personally, after all I've researched on her behalf, I'd ask for Cytotec if nothing had started after waiting a week. A D&C would be my last resort IF the Cytotec didn't work.

essnce629
November 3rd, 2014, 12:22 PM
And yes, Cytotec are pills that can either be taken orally or inserted vaginally.

The Anchor
November 3rd, 2014, 12:22 PM
I'm so sorry, m/c is the hardest thing to go through. I started spotting at 12 weeks, went for an u/s a couple of days later to find no hb and bub was measuring 11w6d...mean baby had passed only days before. The day after my u/s I went to the doc and *TMI ALERT* literally started m/c-ing at the doc's office. It was awful. So everything happened pretty quickly for me, but I have several friends where things didn't go as well. Would you consider a D&C? Why not book one, for like a week out, and then if things start happening naturally you can cancel?

QueenB3blue
November 3rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
If needed I will take the cytotec Thursday. Hoping that will clear everything out. (And saying that makes me feel horrible) I would really rather not have a d&c. I could tell my ob preferred the pills, in my case at least.

Thank you for your responses:)

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 01:54 PM
Same here queenb x

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 01:55 PM
Got a call from my doctor to say my water sample came back that I had/have cystitis, but I had no symptoms. Now it's Got me thinking is that what caused the miscarriage?

Rosie85
November 3rd, 2014, 03:03 PM
Yup me...i think i already posted this somewhere but mine never passed on its own. The baby had passed weeks before but at 12 weeks. ..2 weeks after it was discovered it still wasn't going anywhere so i had the d and c

onlythelonely
November 3rd, 2014, 05:33 PM
I have had 2 missed miscarriages. The 1st was discovered at 12 weeks baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks, I had no signs of anything being wrong, I was given the option of letting it happen or a D&C, I booked the D&C and I was glad I did. The whole process was very easy, went in to hospital in the morning and was out just after lunch. The actual D&C took only 15 mins. I had very light spotting for 7 days and my cycle returned to normal straight away and I conceived and had a healthy baby 2 cycles after D&C.

2nd was discovered at 19 weeks baby had passed away at 15 weeks. As I was so far along I had to deliver, I was admitted to hospital and given tablets vaginally for the 1st dose and then had 3 doses orally. I also had to have a D&C to removed the placenta as it did not pass on its own. It was also very quick and easy with very minimal bleed after and cycle again returned to normal within a cycle.

I hope that everything works out for both of you and I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through. I know that the D&C can be a scary thing to consider but I have had no bad side effects from either of them and they allowed me to move on and heal emotionally without having to wait around for things to happen.

It is a personal decision and only you will know what is the best choice for you to make. Best of luck with your decision.
Again I am so sorry for your losses.

eleena2014
November 4th, 2014, 10:24 AM
anyone else? how are u queenb? x

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Got a call from my doctor to say my water sample came back that I had/have cystitis, but I had no symptoms. Now it's Got me thinking is that what caused the miscarriage?

The unfortunate truth is that you will probably never know what caused the loss and too many people tear themselves up wondering "was it this, was it that" but the vast majority of losses are nothing more than bad luck. Tons of gals get cystitis in pregnancy and it is not believed to cause miscarriage. An asymptomatic bladder infection is just really not that big a deal to your body. ((((Hugs)))

QueenB3blue
November 4th, 2014, 12:42 PM
anyone else? how are u queenb? x

Hoping things are starting up soon. Right now I just feel like I am rearing up for a period.

I am tired. Tired of my body lying to me, tired of feeling sorry for myself. And so tired of thinking all the "what if's".

Hope you are doing well:(

eleena2014
November 4th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Me too. I just want to get on with my life but I also hope it doesn't happen tomorrow as it's my sons 13th birthday! X

eleena2014
November 4th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I'm having cramps but they seem to be in my back. Stringy mucus blood when I go for a wee but that's about it x

QueenB3blue
November 4th, 2014, 12:58 PM
I am sorry you are going through this while it is your sons bday:(

I lost my father a couple years back to cancer. He past the night before my mother and nephews bday:( I will have to say it was the most difficult time I have ever had. But I feel the timing of it also worked out. If it was any other time of the year that is all we would have to think about. It would be sad no matter what. If it does happen for you tomorrow you will also have something positive to keep you going.

I do also understand why you wouldn't want that though....

eleena2014
November 5th, 2014, 02:37 AM
Grrr,started with cramps last night and passed some blood and a few more clots,and now nothing! What is going on??

eleena2014
November 5th, 2014, 12:09 PM
OK think it's happening now.sat on toilet having contractions,blood loss and clots.I'm so scared.my friends round but really need dh and he's stuck. In traffic x

True Blue
November 5th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Love and strength to you :( I'm so sorry you are going through this X

QueenB3blue
November 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM
:( thinking of you Eleena. Hope everything is ok. I am so sorry.

eleena2014
November 5th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Thanks.I'm on phone trying to take my mind off it.Got music in my earphones trying to drown out everything x

kitkat18
November 6th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Thinking of you eleena, so sorry you have to go through this!
XX
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

eleena2014
November 6th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Had to go to hospital.dont want to put the gory details on here but it was the worst experience I've been through.Got back home at around 2.30am and recovering now

QueenB3blue
November 6th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Eleena please take care! I am so sorry it went so badly:(

I am now terrified of what it to come. I leave in an hour or so for dr. I will have another ultrasound first. After that I am not sure how the day will go. I will be 11 wks today. Last week I only noticed a sac and the tech said it measured 6 weeks 4 days. I imagine physically mine will be easier to pass then yours since I am measuring so far behind and no baby was seen. :,(

This sucks. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Junie
November 6th, 2014, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry eleena. I hope you are able to have some time to heal now and things start getting better.