PDA

View Full Version : D & C or wait it out?

Artie
November 3rd, 2014, 03:55 PM
Hi Ladies, I went in for my first appointment after a pos HPT last week. i was 8w5d (waiting that long for an appointment was torture!) and the baby was about the right size but there was no heartbeat. It was a huge shock because my first pregnancy was so easy and this one was going the same way. Now I am trying to decide whether to have D&C or wait it out for possibly 4 weeks for a natural miscarriage. I had my first daughter naturally with no drugs and am not a fan of medical intervention....but the idea of carrying around this baby just waiting for the emotional and physical hell that is to come doesn't sound much better. I'm torn..Any advice/stories are appreciated! We were swaying boy and I'd like to tray again asap.

Thank you:)

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
I'm in the same situation.I'm further gone though.went for our first 12 week scan and they told us baby had died at 8 weeks.i have decided to wait it out.it has now been almost 6 days since we found out.i have been bleeding on and off with a few small clots since friday.also had a few cramps and back pain.im getting a fed up with waiting now as im too scared to go out anywhere.i think if nothing more has happened by fri i will ask for the tablet by mouth.hugs to u x

Artie
November 3rd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Thank you Eleena, hugs to you as well. Hopefully you're close. Mine was about 8 weeks as well, but it's only been less than a week so I fear I have a while to wait. No symptoms yet, but my bloating has gone down:( You're right, it's really scary not knowing when or where it will happen. Good luck girl.

eleena2014
November 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
I'm not a fan of drugs and I hate hospitals,and the thought of going under terrifies me.I just keep saying to my dh I don't want to do this anymore.just wish it was all a bad dream x

covered in blue
November 3rd, 2014, 04:43 PM
All the best girls :( so sorry this is happening.
Artie have you had a second scan/opinion? Seeing as bubs was measuring the right size stranger things have happened than someone missing the heartbeat.

mommymachine
November 3rd, 2014, 05:38 PM
I would wait and have a natural miscarriage. I have had two miscarriages and they were natural and it was emotionally draining but at the same time, I knew my body was doing just what it needed to. I am so so sorry for your loss.

txmomof3beautifulboys
November 3rd, 2014, 05:54 PM
I agree with mommymachine...while it did take a few weeks start to finish, I wanted my body to do its job (or at least let it try) before I opted to do anything further medically. I guess I felt it was "easier" on my body that way. Hugs to you all!

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I'm so sorry Artie!

I think there is no right or wrong way to answer this and you have to go with what will bring you the most peace of mind. (((Hugs))) Personally I would want it over with, but I know many who have gone the other way and were happy with that too.

The Anchor
November 5th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry. I waited and went natural but I only had a couple of days to wait. You have to do whatever it is that will let you sleep at night. HUGS

Artie
November 5th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Thank you so much ladies. It's been a week and I am having no cramping/spotting. We're ready to move on and after reading it usually takes 4-6 weeks after the fetus passes I've decided to go ahead with the D&C.

I appreciate all of your kind words, and will hopefully have good news in another few months:)

essnce629
November 5th, 2014, 03:58 PM
If you want to miscarry naturally but don't want to wait, they can give you Cytotec to jump start things. It's a pill you take either orally or insert vaginally and bleeding usually starts within a day. I had a miscarriage naturally 3 weeks ago, but it started on its own. If it hadn't, I would have asked for the Cytotec with a D&C as a last resort.