PDA

View Full Version : No sign of AF...Should I start Vitex again anyway???

Out of the Blue
July 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM
Or should I just wait...??? It's only late by 2 days so I'm inclined to wait a few more days to see what shakes out but I'd like to make sure I get the benefits of it as we're TTC this cycle. TIA!!

atomic sagebrush
July 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Def. wait for AF!!

Are you thinking you didn't O?? If you for sure Oed, then you will get AF.

If you actually didn't O (as in, you're breastfeeding), then that's a diff. story and maybe you should consider starting it up again, but stick to what your cycles are normally - so if you've been Oing on the 14th and getting AF on the 28th, start the vitex on the 28th, even if you didn't O.

Out of the Blue
July 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Here's the backstory...Got my 1st post-partum AF in March and started Vitex in April. I'm still BF my 17 mos old up to 6x a day. My cycles have been getting more reliable but not perfect. I think I O'd last time but has been questionable in the cycles before. I guess since I seem to be Oing, I'll wait for AF before taking Vitex again.

Is it possible that AF won't come this time but that I'd O again around the time FF shows I probably will? For instance, I O'd on July 8th, no AF and then I O again around Aug 13th... Hope my question makes sense.

ETA - I was not TTC last time around but we will be this next time. Not sure if it matters but I wanted to add that just in case. Thx!

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
That makes total sense and yes, you will ~tend~ to O around the same time of the month but it's not 100% reliable. These are called practice cycles and they are very common when BF.

I would operate under the assumption that you didn't O and start taking the vitex, but only take it until you THINK you should have Oed, not until you actually did - since AF is "late" that prob. means you will only take it for 11 days or whatever. We want to work with whatever your body's natural cycle is.

If you didn't get AF, then you didn't O. So you didn't actually O on July 8. Even if you got a pos OPK, that was just your body TRYING to O and not succeeding, which does happen quite a bit with BF. I have had some unbelievably real fake Os while breastfeeding, even one so realistic that I went to the doc for a test.