PDA

View Full Version : Private U/S claims gender prediction at 13 weeks

3girl
November 16th, 2014, 12:13 AM
The u/s place where I found out DS2 was a boy at 15 weeks now claims he can make the determination at 13 weeks. He is a highly skilled tech, he does diagnostic ultrasounds for a living, but offers private scans too. I'm considering going, I've been agonizing over hearing the boy prediction at my NT scan. I'm thinking he probably gets a nub shot to guess? Either way, at least I could get another nub shot to guess from, or know for sure it's a boy and learn how to move on. Being in limbo right now sucks. What would you do? Not sure I can handle waiting 3 more weeks.

Sarah4girl
November 16th, 2014, 01:25 AM
I would :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nahri
November 16th, 2014, 01:49 AM
If you are having a Nuchal translucency scan that has to be done before 13 week 6 days otherwise its invalid. So it would be at the same time as your private. I would save the private for later at least 15 weeks when there is less chance of error. I have my private scheduled for 15 weeks for gender as that is the earliest they will do them around here and definitely the earliest date I would trust. At 13 SOME are obvious some are still not.

nuthinbutpink
November 16th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I would just wait and go at 15 weeks so it is certain.

atomic sagebrush
November 16th, 2014, 09:57 AM
It's fine to go, but just keep in mind that it is very far from a sure thing.

kaseybaby
November 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Personally i would wait until 15 weeks, because I wouldn't want to question the results

ELP
November 16th, 2014, 05:25 PM
If you can afford it then go, you should be given clear video or pictures to give a really good guess off of, I expect he will show you what he is seeing so you can see if you agree, good luck xx

ejk741
November 16th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I was able to confirm my sons' gender at 13 or 14 weeks. It was rather clear. It was done at my MFM's office so the equipment was very good. I just wouldn't get upset or too excited based on what you hear because it could change. However, if done by an experienced person I think you have a good shot of finding out at 13 weeks.

MyByC
November 19th, 2014, 01:13 PM
My doctor, first told me, at 10 weeks..he's a boy...then at my 15 weeks, confirmed. I guess she had a very good line vision :))) I think, if the baby sits in the roght position, you can know the gender. So I would definetly go. Good luck!