PDA

View Full Version : Norway

Freya
July 23rd, 2011, 05:30 AM
I'm just sitting here watching the Norway news, feeling very upset. I can't believe the guy not only blew up the parliament, but also went after the parliament members' children. I'm so shocked over the vindictiveness of the whole event, and it's so sad that we have such a strong presence of nationalist movements in our countries at the moment. It's shameful and horrible.

I'm sorry if this is a bit too harsh news for this forum, but I really needed to vent, as I just can't go on posting without commenting on this. My thoughts are with the victims' families, and I hope we can progress into a better society than the one we have today. It's incredibly sad.

ELP
July 23rd, 2011, 05:33 AM
I haven't even watched the news today Freya, but this sounds terrible! The world just seems to be heading towards chaos atm doesn't it:( Especially with the finances close to collapse again in some of the european countries.

nuthinbutpink
July 23rd, 2011, 08:02 AM
It was shocking to see this happen in Norway, actually. Kind of the last place I would expect to see targeted violence.

It will shake them to their core much like 9/11 did here. I still worry about going certain places waiting for it to happen again.

Layla
July 23rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
It was shocking to see this happen in Norway, actually. Kind of the last place I would expect to see targeted violence.

It will shake them to their core much like 9/11 did here. I still worry about going certain places waiting for it to happen again.

My heart goes out to the parents of the 84 babies killed. Unfortunatelly it is not that strange that it happenned in Norway as there are a lot of guns in that country. Guns + religious fanaticism = mass murder.

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
That is so sad. :(

mybluepilot
July 23rd, 2011, 03:51 PM
It is very shocking and sad and yet the last place I would think things like that would happen in
My heart and prayers for the victims and their families :(

Zivic-Bubac
July 23rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Norway always seemed like a safe country and so does the rest of the Scandinavia. Maybe that's a cliche or maybe it's the fact you can find sick people everywhere.

I'm so sorry for teenagers who were killed there, I've just read the masacer lasted for an hour and a half. No punishment would be enough for him.

Freya
July 24th, 2011, 03:38 AM
I'm so sorry for teenagers who were killed there, I've just read the masacer lasted for an hour and a half. No punishment would be enough for him.

I totally agree.

somerlouise
February 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
DH is Norwegian, and some of his family live there. This was such a shocking thing- and no one can understand why someone would be so sick.

Myloves
February 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM
This is heartbreaking :(