PDA

View Full Version : UK kids summer break is almost here!! What will you be doing?

ELP
July 23rd, 2011, 06:14 AM
I can't wait! I love the summer holidays, mainly as I'm not late!:highfive: and I have no urgency on the washing/laundry!!:laundrypole: I love having the kids around all the time just popping in and out of the house with their friends:) I just hope we get the weather this year. Has anybody got any thing exciting planned? Our main thing will be a couple of trips to the cinema for the kids club film showings, as we don't all fit in the truck the older kids get to take the bus and they love it lol:bigsmile:

Our kids get about 6 weeks off, how long do other countries get?? I've always wondered about that!

nuthinbutpink
July 23rd, 2011, 08:11 AM
Where I am, our kids got out the end of May and they go back mid August for the school year. So, around 2.5 months off. We also get a Thanksgiving break in November, 2 weeks off over Christmas and my kids get another Winter Break in February plus a Spring Break for a week in March!

There are some random single days off scattered in as well. Lots of people I know travel. Some go to the beach, some overseas to Europe- although far less these days and some head out West to where it is cooler to the mountains. Most people only vacation for a week or 2 max at a time.

Our kids participate on a swim team the entire month of June and then they do a couple of sports camps the rest of the time. We managed to get away to the beach a couple of weeks this summer although it wasn't very relaxing with the baby and 4 young kids! It was work!

zanacal
July 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
I will spend most of the summer holidays trying to remember who is looking after the boys on any given day! This is the first year we've had school age children and I work during school hours. I actually have a spreadsheet I use to figure out childcare arrangements as it gets so complicated! But the first week I am home with the boys and we're looking forward to leisurely mornings without having to get up and dressed the crack of dawn and to meeting up with a few friends we don't see as often these days :D

rainbowflower
July 24th, 2011, 03:39 PM
no plans here... but I'm on maternity leave still and no school-age kids so don't really notice the holidays yet

hope the weather perks up, though!

ELP
August 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM
Well my holidays have become a nightmare!!! and they're gonna get worse! We're flamin arguing with another local family and I've a funny feeling it may end up in a good old fashioned scrap! Will kyp if anything interesting happens lol!!!