PDA

View Full Version : LE Diet and No-No foods

txmomof3beautifulboys
November 19th, 2014, 01:53 PM
While I ve been on this diet for months now...I still find myself second guessing foods that I am eating....do any of these scream LE DIET NO NO? I am always eating these in the serving on the package and only one serving (or within limits)

turkey bologna (maybe 2 times a week)
baked cheetos
spinach/cheese hot pockets
reduced fat oreos
yoplait and yoplait light yogurts (1 sometimes 2 a day if I need more protein) but is the calcium in these an issue?

keepthefaith
November 19th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Atomic will def say no magic foods and everything fine as long as you stick to your limits with protein and fat! Someone shoot me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm doing!!

QueenB3blue
November 19th, 2014, 08:40 PM
All sounds good to me. In fact I would like to eat any of it right now:)

I would say as long as it's within limits your good. Before my loss I would avoid things like carrots, peas, nuts/peanut butter. If I had salad I would do iceberg lettuce instead of romaine. Now I don't worried if what I am eating is too healthy. If I feel like it and it is in limits, I eat it. Unless I am having a cheat meal;) then all thoughts are tossed out the window.

bunnywabbit
November 19th, 2014, 10:44 PM
Atomic will def say no magic foods and everything fine as long as you stick to your limits with protein and fat! Someone shoot me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm doing!!

That's right. Although there aren't any no-no foods on the LE diet, food like avocado I would probably want to keep to a minimum because of high nutrient content.

maidentomother
November 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Those are all fine! Similar to what I eat. I'd say the only real nonos are red meat & fortified cereal, but even those won't ruin a sway. I have red meat 1-2x a month to prevent anemia, but I fit it into my daily totals and keep the portions small. I have a few bites of chicken a few times a month, too - not proper servings though.

txmomof3beautifulboys
November 20th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Thank you all :) Trying to not over think stuff but sometimes I cant help it :D

Hitmebabyonemoretime
November 25th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Is there a new thread for "what we're eating"? My vices are butter, cream, pb.... I'm lazy so making toast and pb is my thing. Guess I'm ditching it (most days). And idk if I can give my morning coffee with cream up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junie
November 25th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I skipped peanut butter (thought it was too nutrient rich) but did have a coffee every morning. Sometimes with a splash of milk, maybe you could try and just do your coffee without milk and sugar?

sent using tapatalk

bluebonnet22
November 25th, 2014, 03:29 PM
hitmebaby - instead of peanut butter I switched to cookie butter (I'm not sure if you're in the US, but it's from Trader Joe's). It's a tiny bit high in fat, so I would just use 1 tbsp of that and some strawberry jam on white bread and it would make the yummiest sandwiches! The texture is very similar to peanut butter but it's less healthy than peanut butter (and seriously tasty!) so while swaying that was my go to for sandwiches. I had coffee and creamer every morning while swaying but I guess I'm not sure yet if that ruined my sway!

There used to be a what we're eating thread, but not sure it's been update for many weeks.

maidentomother
November 25th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I eat small amounts of PB, usually thinly spread on a rice cracker, maybe a few times a month. PB is actually not that healthy; it's more pink friendly than butter at least.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
November 25th, 2014, 08:32 PM
hitmebaby - instead of peanut butter I switched to cookie butter (I'm not sure if you're in the US, but it's from Trader Joe's). It's a tiny bit high in fat, so I would just use 1 tbsp of that and some strawberry jam on white bread and it would make the yummiest sandwiches! The texture is very similar to peanut butter but it's less healthy than peanut butter (and seriously tasty!) so while swaying that was my go to for sandwiches. I had coffee and creamer every morning while swaying but I guess I'm not sure yet if that ruined my sway!

There used to be a what we're eating thread, but not sure it's been update for many weeks.

I'm from Canada but hunting this down immediately lol
When you guys say "creamer", do you just mean cream? Like 10% or 18% mf normal cream or do you mean the artificial stuff?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
November 25th, 2014, 08:34 PM
I skipped peanut butter (thought it was too nutrient rich) but did have a coffee every morning. Sometimes with a splash of milk, maybe you could try and just do your coffee without milk and sugar?

sent using tapatalk

I'm not sure what it is but for me is rather drink it black with nothing if I can't have cream . Coffee with milk is yucky to me lol. I gave up sugar in my coffee a few years ago luckily :)

Mars
November 26th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I was looking for the "what we are eating" thread too. I'm struggling to find a lunch time meal I like. Trying to avoid bread which doesn't leave much. Lately I've been having a bowl of rice with a sprinkle of cheese on top.

kitkat18
November 26th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Mars I ate a bagel with low fat cream cheese, fat free yoghurt and three piece's of vege sushi or a small salad instead of sushi. My other meal was two crumpets, low fat cream cheese and low fat vege soup. I really needed the bread to keep me going! Steph k had some amazing recipes and meal ideas! Good luckX

keepthefaith
November 26th, 2014, 06:37 AM
I am eating weight watchers danish bread daily as it is really low in fat and I always manage to stay within limits with it. I have lightest philadephia cheese spread on it and cucumber. HTH

Junie
November 26th, 2014, 07:12 AM
The Weight Watchers products are great! We have a really poor selection of them here in Germany so oftentimes I would eat one and find it so disgusting that I wouldn't even finish it which was of course perfect for the LE diet ;)

bluebonnet22
November 26th, 2014, 07:15 AM
hitmebaby - I use the all natural coffeemate creamer personally, I think the artificial creamers are recommended over milk and skim milk over real "cream", but if it's just a splash I wouldn't stress about it and just drink your coffee as you like.

For lunch I often ate frozen meals because they were easy if I was at work (or easy if I was home with my son all day). I love Amy's organic ones - especially the small pizza, or the pockets or the veggie lasagna. All low in fat and LE friendly. Trader Joe's has great vegetarian frozen entrees. Also if on a budget, the vegetarian hot pockets are actually delicious and low in fat/calories. I had the 4 cheese pizza one 2-3x a week by the end. I normally wouldn't touch frozen food, but while on LE I often found it easier.

Mars
November 26th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Mmm cheese pizza. We don't have trader joes in Australia but can get pizza pockets. I might try crumpets or something like baked beans. I know they have a bit of protein but they are tasty.

bluebonnet22
November 26th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Mars - I ate a ton of Mexican too, rice with black beans, quesadilla, etc, if you keep the portions reasonable it's easy to make LE.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Oh I"m so sorry this one sneaked past me.

All those things are fine within limits. I had the spinach/cheese hot pockets myself a few times when swaying.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 10:53 AM
All sounds good to me. In fact I would like to eat any of it right now:)

I would say as long as it's within limits your good. Before my loss I would avoid things like carrots, peas, nuts/peanut butter. If I had salad I would do iceberg lettuce instead of romaine. Now I don't worried if what I am eating is too healthy. If I feel like it and it is in limits, I eat it. Unless I am having a cheat meal;) then all thoughts are tossed out the window.

THere are no no-no foods - the rule of thumb is when all things are equal, if you can pick an option with lower nutrients, then pick that option. But that doesn't mean you can't have more nutritious foods when you want them, provided that you were within limits overall.

This diet is a bit of a work in progress and when I was first starting off, people were SOO hung up on the magic foods idea that I almost had to make the diets more about the foods themselves than I would have liked to, simply because people wanted/expected it.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Is there a new thread for "what we're eating"? My vices are butter, cream, pb.... I'm lazy so making toast and pb is my thing. Guess I'm ditching it (most days). And idk if I can give my morning coffee with cream up.

I ate butter all the time - margarine is best but I just don't like it.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I eat small amounts of PB, usually thinly spread on a rice cracker, maybe a few times a month. PB is actually not that healthy; it's more pink friendly than butter at least.

I also had peanut butter. small amounts just don't sway.

I do think that fortified foods like cereal really are problematic but even red meat in small amounts is ok

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM
I'm from Canada but hunting this down immediately lol
When you guys say "creamer", do you just mean cream? Like 10% or 18% mf normal cream or do you mean the artificial stuff?

cream is fine. non-dairy creamer is fine. milk is fine. It all depends on what YOU like and what you need from your diet. Some people use cream in coffee as a way to get some needed fat.

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Mars I ate a bagel with low fat cream cheese, fat free yoghurt and three piece's of vege sushi or a small salad instead of sushi. My other meal was two crumpets, low fat cream cheese and low fat vege soup. I really needed the bread to keep me going! Steph k had some amazing recipes and meal ideas! Good luckX

Be sure though, ladies, that you are getting ENOUGH fat. I sometimes see people who insist on doing fat-free everything who have tons of trouble getting enough fat and then stop ovulation. 25 g fat is the barest minimum, and you can go up as high as 60 g (not everyon will need to go this high)

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Mars - I ate a ton of Mexican too, rice with black beans, quesadilla, etc, if you keep the portions reasonable it's easy to make LE.

:agree: portion control is the only "magic" to the LE Diet. For realz.

Ugee
November 26th, 2014, 01:31 PM
This is such a helpful thread! Lots of questions on food laid to rest for me so thank you for that :)

maidentomother
November 26th, 2014, 02:07 PM
So true about portion control!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
November 27th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I ate butter all the time - margarine is best but I just don't like it.

Ya it makes me gag lol

Hitmebabyonemoretime
November 27th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Is there a new thread for chatting about what we've eaten? I saw the other was closed but maybe a new one hasn't started?

maidentomother
November 27th, 2014, 09:16 AM
I also won't touch margarine. So I use olive oil instead sometimes or just use a much smaller amount of butter than I normally would. I used to eat 1-2 sticks of butter and 3+ lbs of full fat cheese per week so I'm definitely eating pinker than before!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
November 27th, 2014, 07:54 PM
I also won't touch margarine. So I use olive oil instead sometimes or just use a much smaller amount of butter than I normally would. I used to eat 1-2 sticks of butter and 3+ lbs of full fat cheese per week so I'm definitely eating pinker than before!
Ya the full fat cheese is a thing too.... I bought the skim variety tonight.... But I also bought a fricken pecan pie lmao!!

atomic sagebrush
November 28th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I ate American cheese and Velveeta when I was swaying pink and they are a normal fat but have a different type of fat in them that is less blue friendly. I tried the lowfat cheese when I was swaying and got my 4th boy and found them disgusting - I woudl just do American cheese and velveeta.

atomic sagebrush
November 28th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Is there a new thread for chatting about what we've eaten? I saw the other was closed but maybe a new one hasn't started?

I think there is one, does anyone have a link?