PDA

View Full Version : Pregnitude

djmommy
November 20th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Has anyone tried or know anything about pregnitude? I do ovulate on my own as far as I know so I don't want to mees up my cycles but it says it can help with egg quality?

Nahri
November 20th, 2014, 10:52 AM
It was recommended for my sway and I used it. The only thing I can tell you is that for me personally it did not mess up my cycle

atomic sagebrush
November 20th, 2014, 11:24 AM
If you don't need it, I wouldn't take it.

People who might benefit from it are - more than 30 and esp. 50 lbs overweight, people who eat only or mostly carbs like vegans and have for a long time, people who have reason to believe they have insulin resistance (are over 38, esp. over 40, and/or gain weight when increasing carbs, and/or have history of gest. diabetes or being overweight in the past), or anyone with PCOS or PCO-tendencies. (irregular cycles, cysts on ovaries, etc)

djmommy
November 20th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Ok so definitely don't want to waste time with something I guess I don't need. Thank you

atomic sagebrush
November 21st, 2014, 12:00 PM
If you're not getting pg because your hormone levels are low, the pregnitude can actualy do more harm than good!! :)

djmommy
November 23rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
I definitely do not want to mess anything up. I took maca root once for a few days, didn't like it and it totally messed up my cycle. I heard it was good for fertility but wasn't good for me. My cycles are pretty regular and I do seem to ovulate. When I had bloodwork done, my ob said everything was normal, even FSH. To me an FSH at 12. 7 seems elevated. I was tested on cd 10and my FSH was a 6 I believe. Any idea why? I assume cd 3 is more accurate though.

atomic sagebrush
November 24th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I am not a fan of maca!!!

12 is a little high but FSH can go up and down and all around so it has to be viewed as a part of the overall bloodwork and not in isolation. :)