PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent & in need of some hope :(

Deux Bleus
July 24th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I am the happy and proud Mother of two gorgeous boys. I love them to bits and wouldnt change them for the world.
As much as I love my sons, I am 'obsessed' with having a daughter :(

I didn't really have Gender desire with my first DS and when I fell pg the second time around, I wasnt too fussed either way as ideally one of each would have been awesome but a brother for DS1 was too cute to resist.
When I found out that DS2 was another boy, I had a slight disappointment - and not for him, but for the baby girl I didnt get.

My issue is that I am constantly surrounded my people that remind me of the fact that I don't have a girl. They are forever asking me; "are you going to try for a girl?" Or they pity me when I say I have 2 DS.
Ive always wanted 3+ kids but now Im afraid to get pregnant again partly because of all the pressure I am going to be put under but also cause Im afraid that I can't 'handle' having another DS?!

Today I was discussing the idea of having more children with friends and family and when I mentioned that having 3 boys looks fun and cool and something I often think about (Im pretty convinced that will be my family), everyone started saying: "Yes! You will have 3 boys", "I cant see you with a girl" etc.
I instantly got a really anxious feeling after this, and have had one since.
Its like any idea/dream of me finally getting my baby girl has been taken away from me and I kind of feel really sad and let down.
I guess the thought of me getting a girl after 2 DS is more than likely just going to be a thought and maybe I just need to grasp the idea that it wont ever be... I just dont know how to let it go and not think about it all the time. :sad:

nuthinbutpink
July 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I think where you are at is really hard. It is very hard not to let others bother you. The "I can't see you with a boy/girl" really pissed me off! It felt so insulting. I think the best thing you could have given your boys is eachother. I know the ideal of the PP is what many seek or believe to be ideal but not me. I think when you have siblings of the same gender, that is a special gift. A bond that lasts a lifetime if nurtured. You did that for them.

If they have another brother, it will be okay. I have 3 of a kind and I was very disappointed that I did not get my DG at first but now that I am on the other side of it, the bond that the 3 of them have is great and a true gift.

You don't have to let go of your dream at all. Many people have the opposite after two of a kind! Why not you too!? Chin up, lady!

shouldihope?
July 24th, 2011, 11:32 PM
I hear that almost every day. It truly is stressful to hear when you are working so hard for something you want and it feels like they are squelching your dream. I have heard the comment lately when I told a few people we are hoping to try for girl, "would't it be funny if you had twin boys instead"? I think people that have not been through it don't get it.

pinkdreamer
August 18th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I know exactly what you mean, I've also been told the same thing and it nearly broke my heart :( I don't think people realise how much it hurts when they squash a dream like that and for some reason it makes you think that you're less likely to have your DG because other people don't see you as having them, but in actual fact what do they know, we could all get our DGs one day - fingers crossed!! xx

applesoup
October 19th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I'm convinced that most of my GD is from what OTHER people have said to me. The best way to stop the comments is:

A. Don't EVER talk about your GD to anyone. Ever.
B. If they talk about it, shoot them down and stop talking about it. "Why, what's wrong with my boys??"

I just found out that I'm preggo (after 3 boys). I'm going to do my best to hide this pregnancy as long as possible. I know i won't make it until Christmas, but I'd LOVE to wait until January to announce. The last thing I need is a room full of distant inlaws asking me if I hope it's a girl.

TTC5
October 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I agree with applesoup! Shoot them down with a snark come back ;) Put them in their place and let them be the ones left feeling like a fool!!!!!