PDA

View Full Version : TTC boy. Update

janse
November 27th, 2014, 02:59 AM

My blood test showed rising E2 and LH. Scan on Tuesday showed 16mm follicle.
Blood test on Wednesday showed higher levels and progesterone of 2.8 so the nurse said I had ovulated.
Temp on both Wednesday and today just don't reflect that :(
Scan booked for tomorrow as I am meant to be starting progesterone pessaries and I am just not sure what is happening.

If I have ovulated and temp spikes tomorrow, will the bding have been enough for a boy? I know that the egg is on the left side and I have had lots of ewcm all but 1 bd session. We used preseed as well.

maidentomother
November 27th, 2014, 06:22 AM
If you Oed anytime in the past 5 days including today your BDing is great for a boy! Fx you see that temp spike tomorrow.

True Blue
November 27th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Looks good to me :)

janse
November 27th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Still no spike.
Starting to lose hope with this cycle :(

maidentomother
November 27th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Based on your past charts on FF I don't think you've Oed yet. Those blood tests don't conclusively prove that you've Oed and since you tend to O around CD27-28 I think that is likely this month. I'd keep BDing every other day minimum, every day when you can, until CD30, to make sure you don't miss O or weaken your sway. Late O sucks so much, I am sorry you're dealing with it.

janse
November 27th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Ok well I have ovulated.
Scan showed it so I am not sure why temps are doing that.
They marked me as 2dpo and to start pessaries tonight.
Guessing temping doesn't work well on a medicatd cycle.

maidentomother
November 28th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Always possible, I hope so!

atomic sagebrush
November 28th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Good job janse! Sending you tons of blue dust.

janse
December 2nd, 2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks Atomic

The high temps have been lovely to see but it is obviously the progesterone. IC has faded almost completely as well, but I am hoping it starts to darken soon.
Clinic is closed over Christmas to early Jan so next cycle will be unmonitored if no BFP :(

janse
December 7th, 2014, 03:11 AM
No great update here :(
HCG was 2 at 10dpo test. Plus spotting that night. Still all neg HPTs and follow up blood test tomorrow.

Wondering if Dh should start on zinc tablets. I have upped my vit D and thinking about increasing folate plus adding fish oil. Not sure if that will be enough between now and O. Still on progesterone till tomorrow's results.

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2014, 11:03 AM
how much zinc is he taking at present?

how much D, folate, and fish oil for you?

janse
December 8th, 2014, 12:56 AM
He takes nothing at the moment Atomic.
I just got him a mens multi vitamin.
will post pic of the ingredients. I have been taking 1 folic acid tab a day but will be increasing that. Vit D is one tablet down from 2 a few months ago. Had very low levels.
hcg was 0 today and had spotting all day. Told to stop pessaries and wait for AF.

janse
December 8th, 2014, 01:37 AM
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g364/samagard/unnamed-1.jpg (http://s1098.photobucket.com/user/samagard/media/unnamed-1.jpg.html)

Hopefully that picture is clear enough.

I was taking folic acid 500mcg and just realised that isn't enough :(
Purchased megaol 5 which equals 5000mcg in a single tablet. Will start those tonight and probably keep taking the other folic acid till the jar is empty. So 5500 a day.

Fish oil is a concentrated single capsule. Checked to make sure mercury free as per your TTC boy guide. Bottle says omega-3 triglycerides-fish 1000mg

My Vit D (now 1 tablet a day) is 1000IU.

Have cut back my caffeine intake, having breakfast every day has been difficult so typically eat apple & a carrot on drive into work.

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2014, 11:40 AM
The men's multi should have enough zinc in it.

I need to know dose and not tablets because the amount in them varies. I want you at 2000 mcg folic or better yet folate, and then 1000 mg Vit D

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2014, 11:42 AM
LOL sorry missed the second post - that is a bit low in zinc, he can take an additional 15 mg of that. no more than that.

Everything else looks perfect. :agree:

Apple and carrot is not a good TTC a boy breakfast. Protein + carbs at every meal = boys.

janse
December 8th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Thank you for your reply.
This failed cycle is hitting me harder than the others. Just waiting for AF now.

Couldn't find zinc only tablets. Everything was zinc plus & had added vit A etc.
will look online and see if that helps.

Have spent morning researching breakfast options. It is summer here so oats are out.

Should I be finding folate tablets instead of folic? Dose is 5000mcg and thankfully a tiny tablet. Am I still right to take the fish oil?

I am looking at buying a plan in the new year. Christmas is tight atm :(

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2014, 09:17 AM
11 mg in the multivitamin is ok, it's just not ideal. If you can't find zinc only, just make sure he's eating some red meat every day and he'll be getting enough.

In summer I often ate nuts and fruit for breakfast with some tea. eggs and fruit are also a good option.

Folate is better than folic acid, but most people do just fine with folic acid. At your discretion.

Yes yes still continue fish oil!