PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation after miscarriage

QueenB3blue
December 2nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
I have finally stopped bleeding after a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. It has been 21 days since the first day of bleeding. Yesterday morning I took a wondfo hpt and it was a faint positive still. I was planning on testing with hpt's every couple of days until I get a negative then switch to opk's.

I am wondering though, can you ovulate when you still have a small amount of hcg left from a miscarriage?

I am wanting to catch the first egg but was trying to stick with 1 attempt at +opk.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

QueenB3blue
December 2nd, 2014, 07:43 AM
Maybe if atomic could get her crystal ball fixed she could just tell me when I will ovulate! ;)

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
haha yes I"ll get to work on that!

You won't ovulate till after the positive goes away, but what happens sometimes is that people may not always be testing after the miscarriage until weeks have passed, so they think they got pregnant with a positive HPT but it's from a new pregnancy.

So no, you can't ovualte with a pos pregnancy test although you can read several people online who will swear that they did. :)

mammyof2boys
May 26th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Hi girls, I am approximately 27 days since miscarriage started. This morning I felt like I was ovulating so I did an ovulation test. It was clear blue test and came up with a smiling face .So im wondering is it possible that I am ovulating or is this just showing positive maybe due to hormones possibly still in my system. I am unsure. I am hopeful, fingers crossed. The other thing is that I have been bleeding pretty much most days all through the 27 days.some days heavier or lighter than others

atomic sagebrush
May 26th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Yes it is absolutely possible Mammy and I"d def. have an attempt.

I don't think that since you're bleeding still that it is super likely though and I would like to see you get back in and ask your doc about htat. Sometimes not everything comes out and it can trick your body into thinking you are still preggo when you aren't.

mammyof2boys
June 23rd, 2015, 01:36 AM
So my body it seems has settled down after our loss, and it looks like were ready ttc this month, so fingers crossed it happens this month for us. ;)

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Fingers crossed and toes too!! :)

twointow83
June 26th, 2015, 12:02 PM
fingers crossed for you :)