PDA

View Full Version : GD comments from the idiot's side!!

ELP
July 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Just wanted to post this short story, hopefully to show a little support to any ladies having GD especialy when it is made worse by other's comments.

The background! At the time I was a mum of 1, a little girl, I wanted a boy all through the pregnancy, bought boy clothes as I just knew it was going to be a boy:) Had 'her' fell instantly in love wanted another 'her' to go with her, I was that impressed lol.

Anyway, so here I am, mum of 1 little lady, I meet a lovely lady at a playgroup, the conversation was as follows!

Lady: Hello, welcome to the group, is she your only child, she's lovely:) (I told you, she is a lovely lady:HH:)
Me: Yes, thankyou! Are any of the children here yours?
Lady: Yes, this is my daughter.
Me: She's lovely! (See I'm nice too:bigsmile:) Do you have any others?
Lady: Yes I have 4 children:)
AT this point I hit the floor because I struggle with my 1, how can any sane person have 4!!! I am instantly in awe!
Lady: I have 3 older girls in school:)
Me: No boys?? (Insert idiot face here! 1+3 that means 4! Of course theres no boys but the auto reaction in me had to say it!)
Lady: No we just make girls:) (Still smiling and I now know probably thinking 'Here we go again!)
Me: Doesn't your husband mind being so outnumbered?
Lady: (Laughing) No he's got used to it!

I'm sure you ladies have been in this conversation a million!! times, Hell, I've been the 'Lady' in this conversation a million times myself now lol, but I just wanted to put it out there so that next time the mum of 1 comes up and starts it, just remember the 'insert idiot face here' and that sometimes it is just pure unintended open mouth, routine silly comments come out! Only after finding the swaying sites did I even begin to realise that this brief conversation could have upset that lovely lady, when from my side I was just in wonder of her:)

swish
July 24th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I can really relate to this, elp, looking back I have made comments that I would never do now!

zanacal
July 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I'm sure I've done it too - but then again I'm not really offended when people say those things to me either!

shouldihope?
July 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM
We ALL have said it before we actually experienced it. I think I said things like that up until I had my 3 boy. Then people started saying it to me. It depends on the day how much it bugs me. At least you recognized it instead of being in the dark. That is very insightful of you.

LolaInLove
July 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
We ALL have said it before we actually experienced it. I think I said things like that up until I had my 3 boy. Then people started saying it to me. It depends on the day how much it bugs me. At least you recognized it instead of being in the dark. That is very insightful of you.

Very insightful! Since I've been a part of these sites for the past year, I make it a point to make comments to moms of all girls or boys like, "You are so lucky, that rocks!" And I totally mean it!

zanacal
July 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I admit that I feel kind of special when people comment on my 3 boys!