PDA

View Full Version : Shocked!!!

daydrmbelievr
December 7th, 2014, 10:00 AM
AF is due tomorrow, and I started feeling "her" cramps last night (not too bad, but they were definitely there).
I had a VIVID dream right before I woke up this morning that I was "2-7 weeks pregnant" (nice range, right??) and that I was telling my friends. I woke up and figured I'm 13DPO so why not test..
Well, backstory time.. I have two healthy, wonderful boys and I have NEVER had a positive HPT! I've always had to demand bloodwork to confirm pregnancy...

Well, this morning I took a cheapie test and figured it would be nothing.

I was WRONG! OMG, I'm pregnant!!! That explains my moodswings, exhaustion, nausea, etc... I thought I was just imagining most of it, like I had been for the past couple of months! Two days ago, my oldest DS told me that, "I want a baby. A sister. A girl baby." I don't talk to him about wanting a third child because I don't want his jealousy to increase (he's already having issues with his 16mo brother) so it knocked my socks off.

Now, I am trying to figure out how to tell my husband. We're having brunch with Santa this morning at our club, so I think I am going to give Santa a card with the HPT and ask him to give it to hubby :)

I am over the moon now!! After this journey of swaying and praying it's time to start the journey of bringing a new member into our family, and a new person into this world (hopefully one wearing bows and dresses!)

Thank you to everyone, especially AS!! I cannot WAIT to start with the gender guesses!!!

PS - I read that getting early positives (well, any positive for me is "early", LOL) can mean girl or multiples... oy vey. Twins run in my family. That would be my silly luck :)

txmomof3beautifulboys
December 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
congrats!!

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Huge congrats!

Don't read anything in terms of gender into the darkness of your pregnancy tests. It doesn't work in any reliable way and it causes endless heartache for people.

missxo143
December 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Congratulations

granddaughter
December 7th, 2014, 12:01 PM
That is great, hoping this is your little girl

maidentomother
December 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
I love when dreams come true! Congrats & pink dust :)

Boom
December 7th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Congrats xxxxxx

foxymrsg
December 7th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Huge congrats!

keepthefaith
December 7th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Many congrats! I had an early positive twice with my boys at 10dpo so don' t read anything into early tests showing up! Def fingers crossed its a girly though!!

LilithWiser1979
December 7th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I've gotten a 9 DPO positive with DS2, and thought for sure that I wasn't pregnant at all because I didn't even get a squinter with this one until 12DPO. FX you have your healthy girl! Congrats!

momamia4
December 7th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Yay!! Congrats! That's so amazing!! :)

True Blue
December 7th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Huge Congratulations :)

daydrmbelievr
December 7th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks, everyone! I still can't believe that I got a positive HPT!!

Honeybug
December 7th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Huge congratulations!! Love the Santa card idea to tell dh!