PDA

View Full Version : Miscarriage experiences

QueenB3blue
December 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM
First I just want to send my deepest sympathy to anyone who has experienced a loss. I hope we all find peace and comfort.

As soon as I found out something was wrong with my pregnancy I searched for similar situations. I know every miscarriage is different. Reading other miscarriage stories helped me stay somewhat calm through the process. I thought I would share my experience in hopes to help anyone else going through this.

When I was 9+6 weeks pregnant I went in for my first ultrasound. All that showed up on my ultrasound was an empty sac measuring 6 weeks 4 days. The tech mentioned blighted ovum. Gut wrenching:( It was my first prenatal visit for this pregnancy. My midwife doesn't usually see anyone until a few weeks after the first ultrasound. I hadn't had any bleeding or cramping. I was still feeling all the normal pregnancy symptoms. I was to come back in a week to repeat the ultrasound, just in case my dates were off. But I knew they were not.

That week I started spotting a very little. My nausea went away almost completely. But I was still feeling pregnant. When I went in for my second ultrasound(should be 11 wks) the sac measured the same(6+4) but now there was a fetal pole but no heartbeat. So I was to come back the next week for a third ultrasound. While crying on the way home I remember thinking to God, if this is a joke it's not funny.

That week I started having back pain and cramping and started bleeding 2 days before my 3rd ultrasound. At the 3rd ultrasound there again was only an empty sac but it was measuring 5 weeks. The tech mentioned how weird it was that the body starts to absorb the pregnancy:( When talking to my midwife that day we decided if my bleeding didn't pick up over the weekend(it was a Friday) then I would come back and she would insert cytotec to get things going.

That day my bleeding picked up. Lots of clots but nothing super large in size. I had back pain and cramping, but seemed to be able to keep the pain level down with extra strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Same thing the next day. Sunday morning my pain picked up and I had more intense cramping(contractions). That's when I passed the most of things. After that my pain subsided and my bleeding slowed down. That week I had light bleeding. That Friday I had a 4th ultrasound which showed I had passed mostly everything. I also had my blood drawn that day to check my hcg levels. A couple days later my bleeding picked up again and I passed more clots. Then went back to light bleeding. Then the light bleeding went to spotting. I spotted red for a couple days then brown for a couple days. Then finally when I got normal cm I went right into a yeast infection.

I went a couple days without spotting and now I am back to spotting again(mostly brown) So that's 2 weeks bleeding (only about 2 days heavy) 1 week spotting. Couple days normal cm then back to spotting. Today is day 27 from when I first started bleeding. 6 days ago I had my blood drawn for the second time. It was at 38. I am still getting faint positive hpt's, although they are fading slowly.

I realize this is a ridiculously long post. But, l did it to help anyone wondering. If you have gone through a loss and it is not to upsetting to share your experience on here I think others could benefit from it.

I do plan to TTC again. I like to think this is just a delay, not a denial:)

Just wanted to update that after a couple days of my spotting starting back up my bleeding picked back up. I went 2-3 days of pretty heavy bleeding and then it tapered off. It felt like a really bad period, my boobs even started to hurt.
My first hcg on day 21 of mc bleeding was 38, then the next week was 17, then next was 8.8. 3 days after the 8.8 I got a positive opk.

The Anchor
December 8th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Thank you QueenB. I know this must have been very hard for you to get down in writing. HUGE HUGS.

When I screw up my courage, I'll share my story as well.

Leebug
December 8th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Queen-you have given me courage & I will share too. lost my baby May 9th.Two days before
Mothers Day.I was 9 weeks.The baby was due Dec 10th so 2 days before the due date I'm
finding myself terribly sad.I had a really good sway that month.The day I implanted
(I know the day cause my temp had a good dip then rise the next day &some cramping)
I went roller skating with my daughter.I shouldn't have taken the chance & I did.I fell
REALLY hard on my tailbone.The baby died from a SCH & no matter what anyone tells
me I feel in my heart it was because I fell.I knew as soon as I got a bfp something was
wrong.I had cramping on and off everyday lIke I was getting AF but no bleeding.
Every one kept telling me it was normal because it was my 4th pregnancy but I knew
better.never had that with any of my pregnancies.I went for my 1st US @6wk 6 days.
Baby measured 6 weeks HB was 95 bpm which they said was on the low side.They saw
the SCH which was small but didn't tell me until my next visit.2 weeks later.The day before
the MC I woke up dizzy & crampy.Had pink discharge when I wiped & knew immediately I
was gonna lose the baby.Dr said it could be the SCH resolving & 2 drink lots of water &
rest.that helped a little.next day everything got a bit worse.I called the Dr & they scheduled
a US that day.I went alone so DH could watch the kids.US tech acted weird.wouldn't
show me the screen for a long time.then showed me the baby that had detached from
the placenta.I just laid there & sobbed.Driving home I had terrible cramps.When I pulled
in the driveway all these big clots came out & I bled all over myself & my car.I tied a
sweatshirt around my waist so the kids wouldn't see & ran up 2 the bathroom.The baby was
in my pants still in the amniotic sac.I just stared on disbelief this was actual happening.
Crying like I never had before.I broke the sac.Baby had eyes & arm buds.it never grew
past the 6 week mark.I said I was sorry to the baby.Then I had 2 flush it down the toilet.
It was the hardest most gut wrenching horrible thing Ive ever had 2 do.Wouldn't wish it
on my worst enemy.Thank u for letting me share & helping me heal.

kitkat18
December 9th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Queen B and Leebug thank you so much for sharing , its truly heart breaking but you are both very brave to share and for those that are going through this or have been through this it is nice to know you are not alone! I wish you happy and healthy pregnancies in the near future XX

deaks66
December 9th, 2014, 08:31 AM
leebug, my last MC happened at 6weeks 2 days and the image of that sack with the tiny baby inside and then having to flush it will never leave my head. It was utterly heart breaking :(

I'm so sorry for you both xx

tarasue
December 9th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I am so so sorry ladies. I have a follow up sono tomorrow to see if my baby has grown since last week. It was measuring 5w4d last Wednesday, a week behind. So tomorrow I should be 6w4d. My hcg numbers are not increasing as they should and I also have a sch they are watching. The nurses and sonographer have prepared me for the worst.

The past couple of days I've been crampy and lower back pain. Brownish discharge when I wipe, none on my underware yet.

Thank you for your stories, I can imagine how hard it is to revisit these feelings. They are helpful in that I know whatever hand I'm dealt, that like you girls, I can get through this.

atomic sagebrush
December 9th, 2014, 12:14 PM
thank you so much Queen. ((((hugs)))))

QueenB3blue
December 9th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Good Luck with your ultrasound tarasue. The waiting around and not knowing is the hardest thing:(

XXforhubby
December 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Queen and Leebug- thank you for having the courage and the strength to share your experiences. I have only had 2 chemicals, one before I got pregnant with DS2 and one this past cycle. That pales in comparison to what you both went through. I pray that you two never have to experience that again! Know that your babies are in the comfort of God, and your experiences will help many others going through the same ordeal.

XXOO ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
December 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Tarasue- I am praying for you and your little one. I hope beyond hope that you get get good news tomorrow! XXOO

1+2+3boys
December 9th, 2014, 10:32 PM
So sorry to hear this. I too had a blighted ovum, between my DS1 and twins. It was so unexpected as my body still thought I was pregnant and I was relatively young and had an easy first pregnancy. Went in for scan at 8 weeks due to spotting and showed a 6 week sac. Went for scan two weeks later at 10 weeks and nothing had changed. I wanted to wait to miscarry naturally and it didn't happen until just after 12 weeks. I knew it would be the day because I started bleeding heavily. But each time I went to the loo I noticed big clots almost as big as walnuts coming out and the bleeding got heavier until the point that when I stood up it was like a tap had been turned on and my thick winter track pants were soaked through and a pad did nothing as I soaked through one in a minute. My MW said to get to hospital ASAP so we called an ambulance so DP could take DS1 to my parents house. I was so pale when I got to the hospital (and I have olive tan skin) that and had almost lost enough blood to do a tranfusion. It turns out that part of the placenta had gotten stuck in the neck of my womb and once the Ob pulled it out the bleeding slowed down. I stayed in hospital for a couple of days where the bleeding slowed right down. It took a good few weeks to fully recover physically and I couldn't stand up for long in the first week after as I felt dizzy.
It was a nightmare experience and I think next time I would go for the D and C.

After that I just wanted to get pregnant again ASAP because I felt it would be the only thing to stop the pain I felt and I was right. I dropped my swaying because I just wanted to get pregnant and 4 months later I got pregnant with the twins. (Sometimes I regret not swaying but I wanted three and did not factor in ID twins) When we saw them at the 12 week scan DP said the other one is back and he brought a friend <3 I don't think of the MC much or feel sad about that baby because I never felt like I lost a baby since it was so early but we are all different. I think I would have felt differently if I had not have gotten pregnant again so soon or before the lost babies due date. Plus I would not have my twins now if I had had that baby. Bitter sweet. It does get easier. So many Women told me their MC stories after it happened and it helped to know that I was not alone and it is actually quite common. hugs to you xo

tarasue
December 10th, 2014, 12:01 PM
There was no hb at my appt. Now I need to decide to let it naturally rid itself, take the pill or dnc. Any thought would be appreciated.

txmomof3beautifulboys
December 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I, personally, just let nature take its course...it took a little longer, but I didnt want any medical intervention unless necessary. TRULY it is what YOU feel comfortable with. The pill will speed things along...my mc took over 2 weeks to complete (bleeding and all) and it was just a natural one. The pain , for me was tolerable, so I just let it take it's course. I am so sorry to hear this and hugs, love and prayers to you :(

The Anchor
December 10th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Oh no tarasue, I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking. Mine was natural but you have to do whatever it is that will let you sleep at night. Mine was over quick, but sometimes it takes weeks. HUGS to you.

Junie
December 10th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Tarasue I am just so so sorry to read this and really feel for you. I think I would go with what your gut tells you will be best for your healing. I wish you lots of peace and comfort in the coming weeks.

bluebonnet22
December 10th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Tarasue - I'm so so sorry you are going through this. Personally my loss was natural but in your shoes I would take the pill because I would hate to wait around and worry about when it was going to start. Do what feels right to you - there are no easy answers. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

maidentomother
December 11th, 2014, 03:36 AM
I would take the pill; I've had a mc that resolved naturally, I've taken the pill, and I've had dncs. I prefer the pill as it is the swiftest most natural feeling way IME. But if you have a lot of unpleasant pregnancy symptoms, a dnc will get rid of them instantly (or it does for me at least). If you do go the dnc route I highly recommend you get general anesthesia as the dnc I had conscious was extremely traumatic.

Peace & healing whatever you choose. I'm so sorry.

tarasue
December 11th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks girls. Definitely not what I wanted to be doing now or ever. I am thankful that I have closure now though, the week of waiting if there was a baby or not was awful.

I decided to take the pill. Took them last night, it's been 12 hours. bleeding has started, not much in the way of cramps or pain yet. I actually have a lot of energy and really level headed, which I have depression issues and anxiety issues especially when I feel like I have no control over a situation, so that's good. I do have a dnc scheduled for tomorrow afternoon in case the pills don't work. I wanted to do things naturally, but being it's the holiday season and our schedule is so full with celebrating and being joyful I wanted this behind me. Besides, my three year old, Scott, keeps asking me if I'm happy, I tell him I'm trying and he comes back with please momma, just be happy! This will probably be the first Christmas he remembers and I don't want me being a basket case what sticks out in this memories. Scott has been praying for momma and the baby every night. He has it decided the baby is a boy and his name is George! So George it is! When my mom came over yesterday Scott told her that mommy has a baby in her tummy and doesn't feel very good.....

Sorry, so long. It does help to share and the hard part hasn't even begun.

Girls that have gone the pill route, how long before things really kick in? I just want it over with!

We will ttc again, I don't know how hard we will sway, maybe just the cardio and keeping my calories under 1800 or so. I don't want to be in this situation again so even though I don't want to, we will wait until I complete one full cycle before ttc. I've had planned for two years that I would sway for a girl winter 2014, and have my third child before I was 37.... God just slapped me in the face and let me know who really is in control! I am not mad at God at all, he knows what's best for me and has his own plans. I am thankful that he has given me the strength and the support of my family to get through this. I am blessed beyond words as it is. I have two beautiful, healthy little boys that I love more than life itself. And I believe I am meant to have another child, just wasn't supposed to be this one. The parable of the three trees,
if anyone knows it, it's great. If you don't know it, it's a good read that puts life into perspective.

Again sorry so long.

2boysJustOneGirl
December 11th, 2014, 09:55 AM
So sorry tarasue. I hope things pass along quickly. You sound like you are really coping well and I am sure the joy of children and Christmas will help you even more. Take care and I wish you well.

maidentomother
December 11th, 2014, 10:58 AM
What pill exactly? Cytotec? Did you get an injection as well or no?

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Huge hugs ladies!!

XXforhubby
December 11th, 2014, 01:55 PM
You are such an amazing person Tarasue!! I hope you can put this behind you soon.

All you ladies that have shared your experiences are such an inspiration.

XX ❤️❤️

tarasue
December 11th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Yes. Cytotec. 800mcg orally.

maidentomother
December 11th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Oh...orally is not as potent as vaginally and less likely to succeed. How annoying that they didn't instruct you to insert it vaginally! If you don't mind waiting another day I'd ask for another dose to use vaginally. Then if that doesn't work after a day proceed to dnc.

But, it may still work in your case. I really hope so.

tarasue
December 12th, 2014, 09:42 AM
My dr. Talked about doing it vaginally, but I think I would of had to do it while I was in her office so she could insert them. I called right before they closed the office Wednesday night so they just called in the Rx and they were to take orally. I was feeling so good yesterday morning, as that I had a plan and we were getting this taken care of. Yesterday afternoon I was really upset the pills didn't work.... Once again, this situation is not in my control- I get it, now let's just get it over with already!!! I am bleeding a bit more with some good clots now, no pain or cramping though. My dnc is at 2:30 this afternoon- no food or drink after midnight last night is making for a long morning, the cytotec has made me really thirsty....

Now I'm super nervous about the dnc. Not just because every aspect of this whole pregnancy has gone wrong, why would the dnc? But a surgery later afternoon on a Friday, I just want the doctors to be all there and not thinking about happy hour or their weekend plans! They mess up on this procedure and I may not have another child.

maidentomother
December 12th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Dncs are one of the most commonly performed surgeries and they are generally extremely straightforward. So most likely the dr will be very experienced and everything will go smoothly. Complications are rare. Just make sure you get general anesthesia (this part is actually higher risk than the surgery), as like I said without it's awful. The one I had with general anesthesia was infinitely better and not a big deal at all.

I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow, if you haven't passed most of it already and won't need it after all. Fx.

tarasue
December 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
And it's done. Pretty weepy, but ready to move on. Thanks for your support. Procedure went well, having taken the cytotec my cervix was already dilated and made the surgery go smoother.

XXforhubby
December 12th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I will continue to keep you in my prayers honey. Big hugs to you! I am praying for rapid healing, so you can get much needed closure.

maidentomother
December 13th, 2014, 12:52 AM
So glad it's over and everything went well. Wishing you peace and a pink THB when you're ready.

Junie
December 13th, 2014, 03:54 AM
I'm thinking of you Tarasue. Big hugs and lots of healing vibes.

sent using tapatalk

QueenB3blue
December 13th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Thinking of you tarasue. So glad your not in the waiting stage any more.
Take care:)

Grace
December 20th, 2014, 02:34 AM
Thank you dear ladies for sharing your stories. I'm wiping my tears as I read along, every story is heart breaking!

Junie
January 16th, 2015, 02:40 AM
Hi ladies. Yesterday on my birthday I went for my 12 week scan and was pretty excited. We had already seen the HB at 6 weeks, I hadn't had cramping or bleeding and I was finally starting to feel a bit better. I told the Dr. that I hated the part right before the ultrasound and he told me I had nothing to worry about. Then he started the scan and said, actually I'm wrong this doesn't look good, the baby stopped growing. I could tell he was right because it was just bobbing in the sac not moving. I asked him if he could tell when it happened and he said sometime since the New Year. Then we went back to his desk and he told me he would do a D&C since there would probably be a lot of blood at this late stage. He said it wasn't urgent but suggested I go to the hospital that day or the next. Since my husband had to be out of town the next day we went straight to the hospital.

At the hospital I got an appt pretty quickly. I tried to keep it together for everyone and was very happy to be asleep for the procedure. When I woke up I felt great (later learned they had given me oxycontin to help the muscles contract and I think that is why). I then spent about 3 hrs recovering; drinking lots of water eating a little something, standing up, etc. I felt the worst about 2 hrs in. Then my husband picked me up and that evening we actually went out for a nice dinner since it was planned and we already had a babysitter. I found sitting fine but don't think I could have handled anything physically strenuous right away.

Having my boys was also a great help. We did have to tell our older son, "I said the baby was sick and they had to take it out of mommy's stomach" and my son asked why couldn't they just fix it and put it back in which I thought was very sweet.

My husband and I both feel ready to TTC again but really hope we don't have to go through this experience again. I feel so sorry that any women has to go through this.

sent using tapatalk

Grace
January 16th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Hi Junie, I'm sorry you had to go through this. Hope you recover quickly, both physically and emotionally xoxoxo

XXforhubby
January 16th, 2015, 09:28 AM
Junie- you are such an amazing woman! I am heartbroken for you, and I pray you don't have to go through this again! I am so glad you have a good support system, and you have a great plan!

I am keeping you in my prayers!

💕💕🙏

The Anchor
January 16th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Junie, how heart breaking, I am so sorry for your loss. HUGS.

2boysJustOneGirl
January 16th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Oh no. I am so sorry.