PDA

View Full Version : Do you see your future child's name everywhere???

kaseybaby
July 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I would really love to name (if I have one)DD Lily. All the sudden I see that name or variations of it everywhere. Last year, I didn't know anyone with that name. Now it is on my internet chatrooms, signs, news stories. It is like I am being stalked by the name.

Has this happened to you?

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2011, 05:30 PM
TOTALLY!!! Believe me, by the time you have had children for 20 years that happens a lot!!!

Interestingly, I kinda predicted some trends with names I liked only to be extremely annoyed when a name that was unpopular suddenly became really super trendy.

Claire, Violet, Evelyn, Emma...I loved all those names before they were popular and now I feel like I couldn't use any of them.

Lilian78
July 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I've never been one to pick out names pretty far in advance. I'm pretty set on a certain boy's name if I ever have another. It's not that common, but yes, I now see it everywhere :D I think it's just a matter of what you focus on.

Hobbermittens
July 25th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Yes. For YEARS, before I had kids, I had planned to name my first son Jackson. But by the time I had a son, it was so popular I couldn't use it. Now it is in the top 10 or something. I still love the name, though.

Flava
July 25th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Nope. But this is just because if I think of a boy I can't have a name for him. Maybe this is a sign I never get one anyway:worry:

Hobbermittens
July 26th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Nope. But this is just because if I think of a boy I can't have a name for him. Maybe this is a sign I never get one anyway:worry:

Don't say that!! I had no girl name picked out last time and I had a girl.

kaseybaby
July 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM

I think it is more Boy names are just harder. You can't have anything too feminine, but you also don't want to name the kid something that is too over powering. I only have like 3 boy names I like and about 12 girl names I love.

Flava
July 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Don't say that!! I had no girl name picked out last time and I had a girl.

Same here but just because DH is complaining about every name I come up with! i can always find a girl name but no boy name yet.

WashingtonPromise
July 26th, 2011, 04:23 PM
We ran out of girl names after DD2, but some how managed to find a couple more. I told Dh that I really don't want to talk names until we have an u/s. It just makes it too hard.

zanacal
July 26th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Our DS3 was our only baby we didn't know would be a boy until he was born and I was convinced he was a girl. I spoke to 'her' scan photo and called her by her name and everything (what an idiot!). It was only a week before 'her' birth that I paniced and wondered whether we should choose a boy's name 'just in case'. It gets tricky to come up with a new name when you have several of the same sex already - but I found we came up with new ones we hadn't even considered each time rather than names from old lists! I pretty much have a boy name and a girl name in mind for next time already, without even giving it too much thought, which is odd!

Myloves
July 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Yes. For YEARS, before I had kids, I had planned to name my first son Jackson. But by the time I had a son, it was so popular I couldn't use it. Now it is in the top 10 or something. I still love the name, though.

Love the name Jackson! Then again, I'm biased because my son's name is Jack! :D

Myloves
July 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Yes I had the name Ruby in my head for years - even before DS1 was born! But strangely enough, I found it easier to choose a boy name than a girl name. I was so set on having a daughter called Ruby, that I didn't think of other girl names. So if Ruby were to have a sister, I wouldn't be sure what to name her! Too many choices out there for girls :).

Hobbermittens
July 27th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Love the name Jackson! Then again, I'm biased because my son's name is Jack! :D

I love the name Jack too!

Myloves
July 27th, 2011, 04:54 AM
I love the name Jack too!

When I was pregnant with Ds1 I seriously had no idea what to name him! But as soon as I gave birth and looked at his little face, the first thing I thought was 'Jack!' and Jack became his name! :o Ds2 was the same way. (DS2 is called Phillip).
Was it like that with your kids too?

XXdreaming
July 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Boys names are so hard for me and dh to agree upon, I am into what the name means, if I like the name but hate the meaning then it ruins the name lol, I love unusual names, all our boys are biblical names, and we are running out of names that aren't to far fetched lol (8 names counting middle names) BUT we had a little girls names picked out since ds2 annabelle ruth(I know 1st name isnt biblical lol), but after 4 boys we changed it to Grace ruth, just because we figured it would be the grace of God if we actually had one lol but yes I see grace everywhere, its sort of kind of popular, I think gracie is more popular than grace