PDA

View Full Version : Need advice please

Ans
December 11th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Hello ! I jiust started the LE diet (going vegatarian with possible small amounts of chicken once a week) no breakfast, no snacking and I am doing the cardio 6-7 days a week for 60 mins (treadmill). I am taking folic acid and a baby asprin (2x a week) and drinking crystal light and the occasional soda (with meals). My bmi is 23.

I was wondering how long should I stay on this before making my attempt and anything else I should add ? I'm a huge meat eater and snacker so this has been hard and I'm afraid of not sticking it out.

Thanks !

maidentomother
December 11th, 2014, 12:59 PM
How old are you? Do you want just a girl or would you be okay with a boy?

For best odds of pink, stick with the diet, as strictly as possible, for a full 12 weeks before you start TTC.

Ans
December 11th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I am 23 and hubby is 24 - I really want a girl but don't want to go to crazy with the sway because I have an obsessive personality and worried it might sway the wrong way. But will try to stick with 12 weeks. Any tips for staying with the diet ?

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2014, 01:36 PM
MInimum 6 weeks, and since you do have a bit of extra weight, we've seen better results with more like 12 weeks on diet.

A compromise is to TTC after 6 weeks with a very strict sway and then just expect to get BFN.

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2014, 01:37 PM
I am 23 and hubby is 24 - I really want a girl but don't want to go to crazy with the sway because I have an obsessive personality and worried it might sway the wrong way. But will try to stick with 12 weeks. Any tips for staying with the diet ?

Cheating is not only allowed but encouraged, because you will need it now and then for your sanity! much better to plan for your cheats and make it part of your overall diet, than try to stick with being super strict all the time, only to end up getting so fed up that you end up throwing the whole thing out the window!

Ans
December 11th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks atomic !

maidentomother
December 11th, 2014, 07:23 PM
More time on the diet - especially if you combine it with daily cardio exercise - can actually be quite relaxing, and help dampen your obsessive tendencies. The longer you do the diet, the less you need to obsess as it becomes habit over time, where you no longer need to thinj about it constantly. Many of us OCD types have found that the full 12w on the diet changes our attitude and even personality quite significantly, and those psychological changes may sway pink, too. So at your age I'd definitely do the full 12w.

I have full blown OCD that I was highly medicated for the better part of years so I also speak from personal experience.

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM
^^^^ agree totally. We honestly don't know if it's actually longer on diet in and of itself, or if longer on diet helps the anxious boy-moms to chill out about their sway!