PDA

View Full Version : Running out of time...

Sp4rkl3s
December 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I know one or two attempts is strongly recommended, but I will probably only be able to TTC a few more cycles due to family issues so I really need to do all I can to conceive quickly.
We've tried one attempt, then two attempts at + opk, every 4 days then every 3 days, last month 3 attempts, but no luck so far.
We conceived 6 months ago but a chemical with very frequent release and BD, then nothing since reducing attempts.
I have already dropped everything else in my sway except diet.
I'll stick with one attempt this cycle as diet has been poor, then I'm thinking of trying SMEP, or BD every day or every other day. Which would be best?
We probably have 3 more cycles to try.

MyByC
December 12th, 2014, 02:12 PM
How old are you and hubby?

Sp4rkl3s
December 12th, 2014, 02:33 PM
I'm 38. He's 44.

MyByC
December 12th, 2014, 02:46 PM
There is absolutelly no worry.
For each fertile couple it takes between 1-6 months to conceive and it's perfect normal. How many attempts you had dear?

djmommy
December 12th, 2014, 02:47 PM
I am 38 as well and DH is 43. We tried our best this cycle to do every other day and my plan was attempt at pos opk and the day after. I never got a pos opk this month doing clomid so not sure exactly when I ovulated. SMEP worked great for me in the past but I have 2 boys. :)

atomic sagebrush
December 12th, 2014, 03:11 PM
SMEP has best odds of conception and that is what I would have you try.

Once you're "in it to win it" then it's time to do SMEP and not play around with other BD patterns. It works.

Sp4rkl3s
December 12th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks. I was trying to avoid SMEP as everyone I know who has done it had boys!
Does it give much lower odds if pink that other frequent BD patterns?
I'll stick with the diet, go for it, and keep my fingers crossed that still gives us a chance of pink!

We've been TTC for 8 months now, and I know that can be quite normal, but we have some reasons, not only age, which mean we probably won't keep trying for much longer.

I feel sad that my sway has been slowly reduced to almost nothing, and now I'm having to sway blue.
There is still some hope of pink though!?

True Blue
December 12th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I did SMEP and extra attempts at +opk and got a girl :)

DTD frequency is one part of your sway and if you are doing your diet and lifestyle for girl I wouldn't be afraid to try especially as one attempt isn't working for you.

Good Luck I hope you catch your girl !!

True Blue
December 12th, 2014, 05:28 PM
For me, swaying blue, I feel doing the HE diet is my strongest sway tactic followed by vits and supplements. DTD frequency is last on my list so don't feel your swaying blue simply by doing SMEP - personally I feel if you still have the le diet you still have a girl sway :)

bluebonnet22
December 12th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Definitely still hope for pink! Can you add in exercise? It won't hurt odds of conception and might help sway pink if you have to drop everything else.

Also I'm sure you've considered this but perhaps clomid at your age is hindering you getting pregnant? I thought femara was recommended over clomid over age of 35?

atomic sagebrush
December 12th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I think everything that ups odds of conception, ups odds of blue. So, I want you to be in with BEST chance of conception, otherwise you're taking a higher risk of blue, for less of a benefit!! There is ALWAYS a good chance of pink!! All these things we stress over, they bring us 5 or 8 or MAYBE 10% better chances. That's it. STill tons of girls conceived!

Sp4rkl3s
December 15th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Thankyou so much has to everyone for the support. It's been such a roller coaster of emotions recently!

We decided to go for it this month so sort of followed SMEP.
We were away this us weekend with our toddler so had to DTD when the opportunity was there!

We BD'd CD 8, CD 10, CD 12 morning and evening, CD 14 at 4am. I got first positive OPK at midnight CD 12.
Should we BD again tonight or skip a day now?

I'm still worried that I was off the diet for 4 weeks, and I gained a few lb, then lost one, then ate big meals on our weekend away so have probably gained again now.
We also drank quite a lot of wine over the weekend, CD 12+13. Would that sway either way?

Thanks for listening. It helps to write things down, and I'm so grateful for the knowledge and support of those here.

bluebonnet22
December 15th, 2014, 07:54 AM
If it was me I wouldn't have any more attempts. Wine will only help your pink sway!

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Wine may sway a little bit pink.

Just for giggles, I'd BD one last time today and then switch to every other day or every 2 days for a few days, then back to every 4 days.

FXFXFX!!