PDA

View Full Version : PGD*FISH*or aCGH

jara
December 13th, 2014, 03:47 AM
Does anyone has experience with PGD aCGH, I was wondering do embryos survive the freezing and thawing process. My doctor said survival rate is 97%. I am 36 and will be using my own eggs. Did anyone lost some during the thawing process. I was wondering if 1/3 embies are abnormal, around 50% lost in gender split and left with few to work with. Shall I risk freezing them?

Boom
December 13th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Depending on where you cycle you may not have a choice. aCGH is better than FISH in terms of identifying 4 x as many possible types of abnormality, but only US clinics (and not all) can offer fresh transfer with aCGH.
There are experts who argue that a FET is better than dress has the treatment has such an effect on the woman's body.
I had FISH last cycle, had 2 'perfect' XXs transferred, BFN.
I'm seeing such a large amount of BFPs with the aCGH FET that I'm a lot more confident.

jara
December 13th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Thanks for advice. I*am also planning to cycle at clinic R CZ in Jan 2015. How did your IVF cycle go? I have read good reviews about the clinic. Did you take any sort of supplements before IVF*cycle. I read that taking CoQ10*improves egg quality.

Boom
December 14th, 2014, 05:26 AM
If you go to my cycle sticky in the current cycles folder, all the stats and meds are in there. I would highly recommend the clinic based on my experience so far, but I haven't got my results yet so that opinion might alter if my 'normals' rate is too low.....

nuthinbutpink
December 14th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Jara- you can't see any of the HT info because you are not a Dresm Member. If you upgrade your membership, there is so much more info available!

Boom
December 14th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't realise you weren't a dream member. I am waiting for the results on my 10 grade 1 frozen blastocysts that were selected out of 19 fertilised embies from 22 mature eggs. I took coq10 and prenatals. DH took supplements too

Boom
December 14th, 2014, 08:59 AM
And yes it's TOTALLY worth purchasing membership. I wouldn't be where I am without it

jara
December 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM
You had a great number of mature eggs, what is your age? For how long did you take CoQ10? I am starting treatment in Jan, do you think I*should postpone it? My FSH*is 12, AFC*5*and still waiting for AMH*results. I*also read taking DHEA*also helps, don`t know if it is suitable for me yet, I*will consult with doc. I*have been only taking folic acid, fish oil and multivitamins. I*am completely new at this and didn`t know much earlier. Does taking supplements greatly affect the outcome? I*am 35 now and will be turning 36 in march. I*can wait and take supplements for 90 days and then begin if it alters my chances. What do you suggest?

Boom
December 14th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Honestly, I'm no expert. The best thing to do is read through people's outcomes and make your own plan. I am 37. Some people get success with no preparation, some prepare loads and don't succeed

Boom
December 14th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I'm no expert. You need to read through the results and make your own plan. Some people do no preparation and get success, some prepare fully and get nothing. I'm 37, DH is 35.

jara
December 14th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I*have been researching since a month now. I*have 2 daughters age 8 and 2, was content with two. After researching, I*saw possibility of HT*to conceive third child. So therefore decided to begin this journey, at almost 36. How was your pretesting? I*am worried about not having enough normal eggs at my age.

nuthinbutpink
December 14th, 2014, 01:15 PM
You had a great number of mature eggs, what is your age? For how long did you take CoQ10? I am starting treatment in Jan, do you think I*should postpone it? My FSH*is 12, AFC*5*and still waiting for AMH*results. I*also read taking DHEA*also helps, don`t know if it is suitable for me yet, I*will consult with doc. I*have been only taking folic acid, fish oil and multivitamins. I*am completely new at this and didn`t know much earlier. Does taking supplements greatly affect the outcome? I*am 35 now and will be turning 36 in march. I*can wait and take supplements for 90 days and then begin if it alters my chances. What do you suggest?

Your pretesting is indicating you have diminished ovarian reserve and IVF may be a struggle for you. An AFC of 5 with a FSH of 12 is going to be an uphill climb and you will need a big dose of meds.

I was a poor responder and I tried once and had to cancel due to no response. I took DHEA for 8 months and tried again and found success so it can be done but anytime you get less than 10 eggs retrieved, you are going to need a little luck with getting one of the right gender. Good luck.

jara
December 14th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Can anyone begin with DHEA?*Do you suggest I*should wait and begin with supplements? Will taking DHEA*improve my chances?

nuthinbutpink
December 14th, 2014, 01:35 PM
It's hard to say. It does seem to help some but doesn't help others. I do believe it helped me. With your pretesting, I don't think you have anything to lose by trying it though. The studies show it needs to be taken a minimum of 16 weeks to make a difference though.

lisvna
December 14th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Jara I send you an email ;)

jara
December 15th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hi thanks lisvana, boom and ntb for all the support and advice. I*just got my AMH*result which is 4, my gyn says my tests are normal and I*should go ahead with IVF.*I*am still terrified that I*will have very few eggs in the end. I*will contact the doctor in Czech and see what he says. If everything is really bad then I*will drop the idea of going HT.

jara
December 15th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Does my AMH*at 4 means I*still have hope? Can this mean more eggs can be retrieved? Does anyone know about this? How can I*have 5*AFC*and AMH*4,*is it possible? Or my gyn did not count properly? Which is more accurate? Any experience? Please help I*will so devastated.

jara
December 15th, 2014, 09:34 AM
I*mean I*feel so devastated.

jara
December 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM
A recent paper by investigators at the Center for Human Reproduction (CHR), published in Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, found that women with the somewhat unusual combination of high FSH and high AMH levels had four times more eggs retrieved, and were almost twice as likely to get pregnant after IVF, than women with all other FSH/AMH combinations.

Anyone with similar experience?

nuthinbutpink
December 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
With an AFC of 5, I don't think that will apply to you. The AFC of 5 is very low unfortunately. We did have one that had high FSH and High AMH and she is cycling now.

jara
December 15th, 2014, 01:04 PM
How was her FSH*and AMH?

nuthinbutpink
December 15th, 2014, 03:53 PM
It's in the member section.

aira22
July 2nd, 2015, 05:59 PM
Hi jara, I was wondering how things went in your HT-journey. Could you write an update about your experiences till now please? Did you go there? How was your treatment? What PDG method did you choose? I'm right now cycling at Clinic R, looking for information on the clinic and (success)stories. I also have high FSH but very low AMH. I'm a low responder and my chances seem to be limitated but I want to give it at least one try.

nuthinbutpink
July 2nd, 2015, 06:08 PM
Hi jara, I was wondering how things went in your HT-journy. Could you write an update about your experiences till now please? Did you go there? How was your treatment? What PDG method did you choose? I'm right now cycling at Clinic R, looking for information on the clinic and (success)stories. I also have high FSH but very low AMH. I'm a low responder and my chances seem to be limitated but I want to give it at least one try.

It's all in the member section. They mostly use day 5 CGH and you go back for a FET.

thao.ivfthailand
August 23rd, 2015, 04:40 AM
Hi jara, I was wondering how things went in your HT-journey. Could you write an update about your experiences till now please? Did you go there? How was your treatment? What PDG method did you choose? I'm right now cycling at Clinic R, looking for information on the clinic and (success)stories. I also have high FSH but very low AMH. I'm a low responder and my chances seem to be limitated but I want to give it at least one try.

Could you please write detail of your hormones test so that everyone can give you an advice.
Because everyone has different health, the successful rate is different as well.
With low AMH, you can do few cycles of ICSI, then freeze eggs and freeze cells to biopsy separately.
After that, you can screen chromosomes 1 time (pay 1 package), it saves your cost.