PDA

View Full Version : Would you ever .....

asister_formyboys
December 13th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Would you ever consider doing several rounds of egg donations to pay for ivf/pgd ? I am
so desperate for a daughter I am STRONGLY considering it. Please,I need opinions the good,the bad and totally honest!!!
Thankyou :)

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2014, 04:21 PM
It depends on your age, because if you are over a certain age they will not be interested in your eggs. You have to be quite young to be a successful donor.

gizmo77
December 13th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I considered it totally!!! Only to help pay for a son for myself. Then realized there us an age cut off for donating ur eggs,
How old are?
Ppl usually want young eggs.
I also realized that I don't know how id feel about children out there (maybe in my own town!) that are half mine. I think I'd go nuts researching, find them and take them!!!
:-)
But it truly is a great gift!!!

nuthinbutpink
December 13th, 2014, 04:42 PM
RBA in atlanta pays up to $8,000. If you are young, it's definitely an option. You have to be under 30 though.

ejk741
December 13th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I thought about it!! But then you actually have to wait until you're selected by a couple. It just didn't work with my timeline... But if your young enough and you have great pre testing results and you're willing to wait I think it's a great option!

asister_formyboys
December 13th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Darn it! I am 31 ! So much for that! I am just thinking of creative ways to potentially pay for it without too much stress on my dh and family. If only $25,000 would just float down from the heavens above!!!

gizmo77
December 13th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Every clinic has a different age limit

nuthinbutpink
December 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
It would be difficult at 21. $25,000 is more than it actually costs though.

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2014, 01:28 PM
People are paying big, big money for donor eggs and they want the best of the best of the best. They are highly selective and younger eggs = better success rates, and it's the rare person willing to shell out that kind of money for 31 year old eggs. (sorry if I sound harsh, I just don't want you to think "oh, I missed it by that much" because like nuthin mentions, they want the eggs of college age girls.)

HopingForSugarNSpice
January 3rd, 2015, 03:18 AM
I considered the same thing. I will never know if I'd have gone through with it, because I found out I am too old. I saved money the hard way, month by month, year by year, and now I will be lucky to have any eggs for myself! I wish I could have done it when I first looked into it. It cost me $20,000 for one cycle, and I really should have bought more. It might cost as much as another $30,000. Remember, if you want gender select, you have to have twice as many viable embryos as another woman, because half might not be what you want.

1+2+3boys
January 3rd, 2015, 03:36 AM
It is a tough question. I would love to get some 'quick' money so I don't have to have too large of an agegap between my twin DSs and hopeful DD but I want to donate my embryos and could only do it if not annoymous. The same would apply for my eggs. It seems hard enough to donate an embryo of DP and I but eggs as well... I don't know if I want to go splitting parts of myself up that much to get my DD. And any one of those eggs could become a daughter and I am not sure how I would feel about that, especially if the PGD didn't work for me. At least I would know my donated embryo's would be more boys which are just as special "parts of me" but I'd hate to feel that some else got "my" DD.