PDA

View Full Version : Mrs_Incredible - my baby girl arrived safe and sound!!! (3 sons & now my DD completes our family) xx

Mrs_Incredible
December 19th, 2014, 05:50 AM
I have 3 beautiful boys and my longed for daughter arrived 30/10/14 at 38 weeks via (my first) csection as she was breech. 6lb 7.5oz of awe in my arms at last!! Awe was the overriding emotion for weeks after, love is slowly taking over, but awe is the only way I can explain how it felt to have my daughter. We still shake our heads at the wonder of producing a daughter after all these years.

My husband and I couldn't be happier, we truly believed after ds3 that we couldn't make a girl. We swayed for 10 months back on ig and had 2 losses. Ds3 is my gd baby, I had hope before my gender scan that he would be a she. I cried and grieved for my never to be daughter. He stole my heart the second he was born. I had bonded with him by doing his nursery up, buying sweet clothes and blankets and the most gorgeous bedding for his cot. It all helped :)

However because I wanted one last baby dh agreed to number 4. I wanted to even up the numbers. Didn't for a second imagine that we would somehow get our daughter this time. We got our plan from atomic. Then procrastinated for 6 months, then my sister against the odds fell pg. She is diabetic and her pg was high risk. I immediately put ttc on hold. This was her time and we just didn't know how things would go. (Her ds is 11 months and just perfect!)

I sucked trying to diet, always have. I was more aware now but far from doing le. We fell pg in January 2014. I felt awful, sick, yucky, tired, sore boobs the whole 9 yards. However my digital test stuck at 2-3 weeks. I knew that wasn't right, it ended in a blighted ovum at just over 6 weeks. But I was prepared as my bloods and digital test all prepared me for the worst. MC was confirmed on Valentine's Day. The worst part was thinking it was ectopic and thinking I might lose a tube. I was 38 and didn't need any more hurdles.

I hadn't eaten much during that pg as I felt so awful and my appetite only resurfaced a few days before I ovulated (2 weeks after the start of the MC) and somehow atomics advice for one attempt kept me strong against the natural urge to get in more attempts to catch the next egg. So I had 8 weeks of not eating well or much, one attempt and the MC swaying for me. After my fertile window was over I second guessed the one attempt. I really felt I should have gone for it as the MC was on my side, I'm soooooo glad I listened to the wise one we call atomic lol. I was blown away to get pg on one attempt coming off the MC.

Then the doubt set in .... I should have done the diet properly. I mean how weak am I that food and an appetite couldn't be controlled to get the one thing in the world that I dreamed of over everything else!? The pg floored me. I had a constant hungover feeling. Felt so ill. Tired. Pretty sorry for myself. After my sister having high risk of downs pg I wanted to do the harmony test which is new to the uk. The gender was a bonus. I just wanted to get the "hope" out of the way and make peace with my 4th son. His name was picked, I bought so much for ds3 and my sister had loads from my nephew. We were set. We even booked a holiday as this baby boy genuinely wouldn't need much!!

I had a scan at 6 weeks, saw the hb. Was discharged from early pg unit. Had a bit of a bleed at 8 weeks and they saw me again, all looked great, gave me a follow up at 10 weeks just to keep me sane, the mw was lovely! At the 12 week scan the sonographer heard we had 3 boys and did a potty shot, sure enough there was a turtle "that looks to far out to turn into a girl *clutching at straws she added* but it is early". We left happy that the baby looked good. A bit quiet about it being a son but no tears or anything, just quiet acceptance. After all in our hearts we knew it would be. I bought him a wee blue vest BORN IN 2014. We went home and told the boys they were going to have a new little brother. They didn't know I was pregnant, we wanted to know things looked ok first. They were happy and by telling them we thought it was a boy there was no hoping it might be a girl, as the older 2 have always wanted a little sister.

The next day I went for harmony test. A few days later I had another bleed. I was really upset, and if we lost the baby I wouldn't be able to pay for the test again as it was quite expensive. I got checked and all was well. The next 2 weeks dragged in. I just needed closure. I stalked my email. My tummy was in knots on top of the feeling awful. I was scared I would be sad and suffer badly as this time I knew it was our last for many reasons. Worst of all that 1% of hope I had kept surfacing, that was just cruel.

A few days before the 2 weeks was up the harmony email arrived. I locked myself in my room. Took deep breaths. Gave myself a little talking too. At least it wasn't a phone call from the doc as that meant they had found something. My baby was healthy. That was all that mattered. More deep breaths. And then my world tipped ... XX foetus? I couldn't see straight. I felt woozy. Did I read it wrong?! Then I kind of wailed and cried and hyperventilated. Then I emailed the doc to ask him if it was a girl?!? Then I pulled myself together, dh got in from work, I nipped to the shops and bought pink things and a card to write out to tell dh that he would have a daughter. We were in a daze. Kept shaking our heads. We were on cloud 9!

I had a gender scans as I started to worry I was in the less than 1% that the test is wrong for.

However, she is here, looks so much like ds3 at birth that it was doubly surreal. It was my only section and although it wasn't ideal, I couldn't risk losing her by trying to deliver her knowing she was breech. The last few days I was so anxious to see her arrive safely. Fear that something would go wrong at the last minute. The spinal and section wasn't as bad as I feared. She was so worth it.

I truly believe that although I didn't do a proper sway, atomic said it was a laid back one! that she would not be here had it not been for atomics advice and for that I am sooo thankful. I believe the one attempt and being ill for 2 months (acted like le) plus the MC swayed for me. I would definitely done more than one attempt and am so glad that I stuck to atomics advice.

7 weeks in and it's still feeling like a dream. I'm delighted to announce the birth of another gd success story (even if it was not my first class swaying that brought her here, more of a fluke!!)

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/19/aae6a0545130fa0fd8d112d3094f078d.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/19/0e7962e563e253289d8f86e5cd7f3454.jpg

Edit - sorry for the essay, it all kind of came tumbling out! I wanted to add a beautiful memory that will stay with me. My eldest who has just turned 11 was so overcome from emotion when he met her, he was crying happy tears and it was so moving to see him with his little sister. He adores her and she stole his heart the second he laid eyes on her. :HH:

Junie
December 19th, 2014, 06:29 AM
I think it is beautiful how everything worked out and of course she is gorgeous. :)

foxymrsg
December 19th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Oh my she is absolutley gorgeous!! Massive massive congrats! So pleased for you

2boysJustOneGirl
December 19th, 2014, 07:05 AM
She is beautiful! Congrats!

bunnywabbit
December 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM
So cute! Congrats on the birth of your daughter x

Mrs_Incredible
December 20th, 2014, 04:49 AM

This is baby E in the BORN IN 2014 (boys!!) vest we bought after our 12 week scan :) xx

Mumof3girls
December 20th, 2014, 05:58 AM
Awww congratulations. She is so cute.

Petal
December 20th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Oh hun, you've made me cry all over again!!! especially reading the part about your ds1 holding her and crying happy tears!!!

Shes absolutely gorgeous and I love seeing her beautiful pics on fb. Huge congrats again, shes just perfect x x

Mrs_Incredible
December 20th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Oh hun, you've made me cry all over again!!! especially reading the part about your ds1 holding her and crying happy tears!!!

Shes absolutely gorgeous and I love seeing her beautiful pics on fb. Huge congrats again, shes just perfect x x

I welled up there reading this! What are we like lol xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aidansmum
December 20th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Ah the feeling of holding your little girl in your arms after so much longing and yearning! It's incredible! Congratulations! x

Babybeaublue
December 20th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Adorable. again,so happy for you!
:celebrate:

Eneli
December 21st, 2014, 02:31 AM
She is really cute and gorgeous. Big congrats for your little miracle

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2014, 02:33 PM
:heart: she is just lovely!!

snipsnsnails
December 23rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Awe, such a special story and congratulations on your special little lady. They are truly a gift from above! Enjoy every moment, my baby girl is 6 months and I still look at her and can't believe she is here. All those feeling of a little sadness here and there before I had her, like something was missing, is all gone. It's an amazing feeling to feel complete😊 Your little girl is so beautiful I just want to hug her!

emmake
December 25th, 2014, 02:45 PM
She is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your story!

Grace
December 26th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Congratulations! Amazing story, amazing baby !! Love her picture in the blue vest :)

coralsky
January 4th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Huge congrats Mrs I! She is just adorable! :) So happy for you xxx

Kittybear
January 4th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Simply wonderful :) enjoy your beautiful blessing xxx

luvmyfam
January 5th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Precious!! Congrats on your sweet little daughter!

monkeysnuffer
January 6th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Ahh, this brought me back to Jan of last year when I had my daughter. Still I am amazed she is here. Enjoy every moment!!

1+2+3boys
January 6th, 2015, 10:21 PM
What a beautiful story. I have read it more than once. THank you for sharing and congrats on your baby girl. I love the part about your DS1 with her. DPs 12 year old wants a Sister too :)

Dancin Machine
January 22nd, 2015, 03:58 PM
So touched by your story, thank you for sharing. So, so glad you got your rainbow baby girl, she's beautiful. Yay!!! Enjoy her! Sounds like your sweet boys are too :)

Mrs_Incredible
January 22nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
Thank you ladies. She is 12 weeks old already!! Laying in my arms after her feed snuggled in so warm and cosy.. She is smiling loads now, really making me feel very special. It's still surreal, but I'm not calling her "him/handsome/dude/gorgeous boy" quite so often now ;) Can't believe my dream came true. It's tough packing away her first size clothes though, but I'm so looking forward to each stage (but not wishing it away!!) it's making it bearable,. Love the baby stage so much, wish time would slow down just a little!! Xx

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2015, 11:31 AM
PUtting away those clothes was SOOOO hard for me!! It was hard with DS 4 because I thought he'd be my last but with DD it was just AWFUL LOL. I was like, dang I didn't even get any good out of these. :/

Myloves
January 31st, 2015, 06:50 AM
My little girls are almost two months old now and I hate that time is so fast! I was the same Atomic, I thought DD1 would be my last, but last yr I had the twins and went from a small family of three to a family of five!!
Awesome story Mrs incredible. I followed you from in-gender and reading the sweet ending to your journey is amazing.

Mrs_Incredible
January 31st, 2015, 12:33 PM
Thanks Myloves. Congrats on your twin girls! It's lovely seeing a lot of the girls from IG getting their desired gender thanks to GD and FB updates :) xx

WannaGirl
February 21st, 2015, 03:24 AM
Congratulations! DH came past and asked why am I crying? Fobbed off I am just on the forum...It was just your time and you deserve it, shes gorgeous, all the best.

Keshet
February 21st, 2015, 10:04 AM
I'm so happy for you! She is darling.

Mrs_Incredible
February 21st, 2015, 04:54 PM
Congratulations! DH came past and asked why am I crying? Fobbed off I am just on the forum...It was just your time and you deserve it, shes gorgeous, all the best.

thank you honey, that is so sweet xxx
(this is your year ;) )

lovemy2blessings
February 22nd, 2015, 11:22 AM
She is perfect thank you for sharing such beautiful story!!!

Almost Complete
February 22nd, 2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks Myloves. Congrats on your twin girls! It's lovely seeing a lot of the girls from IG getting their desired gender thanks to GD and FB updates :) xx

My October baby still gets called "buddy." Such a hard habit to break. I feel exactly the same way you do after going HT. I loved reading it by someone else.

Mrs_Incredible
February 22nd, 2015, 04:20 PM
My October baby still gets called "buddy." Such a hard habit to break. I feel exactly the same way you do after going HT. I loved reading it by someone else.

thanks and congrats!! I'm still at 16 weeks saying handsome/dude/gorgeous boy! Not as often, but regularly. But she really doesn't mind!! I blame it on her looking like ds3's twin ;) xx

2lovelyboys
February 22nd, 2015, 04:51 PM
Congratulations on your DD. Love hearing success stories especially after 3DS :)

SweetLily
February 25th, 2015, 06:26 PM
oh mrs incredible, I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! WOW, what a long journey. Hugs and ENJOY every minute, it goes so fast!

Mrs_Incredible
February 28th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I love reading these messages, it means a lot, you girls "get it", what it means and why, and just how unattainable a dream it was for such a long time... Thanks xx

JuliaConley
March 18th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Congratulations to you!!! She is soooo cute :babyf:

Flowerbaby
January 9th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Hi Mrs. Incredible many congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girl. I see your UK based as I am too. Can I ask where you chose to have your harmony test done? I'm currently pre ttc but it's definitely something I want to consider if and when i concieve, but most of the clinics I looked for are down south and I'm up north would hope to have it done as close to home as possible. Love your story too, welled up at your DS1 meeting your DD for the first time. I just hope I'm lucky enough to give my lovely boys a little sister Xxx

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure she comes onto the site that much any more, I'd try starting a new thread and asking our UK girls still on the site where they got theirs done in case she misses this.

Flowerbaby
January 11th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Thanks atomic! :D